conversation with Rush

CeeJ

Sunday (October 19th) OFF THE RECORD with Joe Benson will feature the music of Rush as well as conversation with drummer Neil Peart and bassist/singer Geddy Lee.

Rush will appear on the nationally-syndicated radio program Off the Record with Joe Benson this coming Sunday, October 19th. Typically it's Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson that do these types of interviews, but this time it will instead be Neil Peart and Geddy Lee. For a list of stations and air times check out this link. As I'd mentioned yesterday, Geddy and Alex were in New York Wednesday recording their interview with Eddie Trunk for VH1 Classic's new show That Metal Show. These will be the first of a series of interviews over the next couple of weeks to promote the upcoming Snakes & Arrows DVD, due out November 25th on both DVD and Blu-ray. Thanks to Power Windows for the heads

hope this link works

http://unclejoe.com/xotr.html

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Oct 19 2008, 01:49 PM)

Rush will appear on the nationally-syndicated radio program Off the Record with Joe Benson this coming Sunday, October 19th. Typically it's Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson that do these types of interviews, but this time it will instead be Neil Peart and Geddy Lee. For a list of stations and air times check out this link. As I'd mentioned yesterday, Geddy and Alex were in New York Wednesday recording their interview with Eddie Trunk for VH1 Classic's new show That Metal Show. These will be the first of a series of interviews over the next couple of weeks to promote the upcoming Snakes & Arrows DVD, due out November 25th on both DVD and Blu-ray. Thanks to Power Windows for the heads

hope this link works
http://unclejoe.com/xotr.html

doh.gif

Sorry I forgot to add the link.

Thanks Cindy. trink39.gif

QUOTE (yyzyy @ Oct 19 2008, 11:41 AM)
I thought Off the Record (OTR) was with Michal Landsberg?

Why is Landsberg such a douche?

Dammit, the closest station is about an hour away.! angry.gif I'll try, though.

Apparently it aired here at 6 am. eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 19 2008, 05:20 PM)
http://www.zchannelradio.com/

I think this stream is free, out of Shasta CA. I'm listening to the "free wma stream" right now.

Good luck.

Edit: It says the show will air at 7:00 Pacific.

Well done goose! trink39.gif

They've got Route 66 blasting at the moment. Can't wait till 9 local time.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (goose @ Oct 19 2008, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (Marathonist @ Oct 19 2008, 06:28 PM)
Apparently it aired here at 6 am. eyesre4.gif

Got media player? The link I posted above should give you the hook up.

I tred that link, but it keeps opening up in Winamp, and for some reason, it won't connect...Ach! banghead.gif

Thanks goose! All read for a 10pm listen!

QUOTE (Weakly Criminal @ Oct 19 2008, 06:46 PM)
QUOTE (goose @ Oct 19 2008, 05:20 PM)
http://www.zchannelradio.com/

I think this stream is free, out of Shasta CA.  I'm listening to the "free wma stream" right now.

Good luck.

Edit: It says the show will air at 7:00 Pacific.

Well done goose! trink39.gif

They've got Route 66 blasting at the moment. Can't wait till 9 local time.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This is actually a pretty cool station. A rt 66 medley!

I just finished listening to it streaming from a FLA station. I didn't think it was very good. They played songs in the background the whole time, so it was hard to hear what Geddy and Neil had to say. Having never listened to Uncle Joe before, I was expecting an "interview" with interaction between Joe and the guys. However, it seemed like pre-recorded sound bites. There really wasn't any new information - nothing I haven't heard in previous interviews or read in "Chemistry".

At the end Neil mentions that they have no plans on retiring. There might come a day when they "just walk away" - but not yet.

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (Spike @ Oct 19 2008, 07:09 PM)
I just finished listening to it streaming from a FLA station. I didn't think it was very good. They played songs in the background the whole time, so it was hard to hear what Geddy and Neil had to say. Having never listened to Uncle Joe before, I was expecting an "interview" with interaction between Joe and the guys. However, it seemed like pre-recorded sound bites. There really wasn't any new information - nothing I haven't heard in previous interviews or read in "Chemistry".

At the end Neil mentions that they have no plans on retiring. There might come a day when they "just walk away" - but not yet.

sarcasm.gif

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks. rage.gif

I can't seem to get it, but thanks for the review. I believe I might have been disappointed anyway.

Archived