Hockey Night in Canada!

Supersyl

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Oct 4 2008, 10:42 PM)
Yes his guitar riff just rocked! CLASSIC Lifeson!! 2.gif 2.gif

In the final version of the song, they kind of cut off his screeching feedback at the end which was awesome. I hope someone posts this to YouTube so everyone can check out Alex!

Song-wise I find they are all pretty good - but sort of all very similar anthemic orchestra... I didn't have a clear favorite until I heard Alex's bit (you can really hear him through the entire song) but I also like the 13 year old kids entry too.

1022.gif

Gotta think on it a bit before I vote - this is arguably a bigger vote than our other election later this month. LOL

QUOTE (Supersyl @ Oct 4 2008, 06:59 PM)
Alex is playing on one of the candidate songs for the New Hockey Night in Canada theme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vote here!!!

http://www.anthemchallenge.cbc.ca/

It is Anthem #3 by Graham McRae

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I nearly shit myself with joy when I saw this! (That's for you Enemy_Within wink.gif )

I really liked that. Good work Al!

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Oct 4 2008, 11:04 PM)
Yes his guitar riff just rocked! CLASSIC Lifeson!! 2.gif  2.gif

In the final version of the song, they kind of cut off his screeching feedback at the end which was awesome. I hope someone posts this to YouTube so everyone can check out Alex!

Song-wise I find they are all pretty good - but sort of all very similar anthemic orchestra... I didn't have a clear favorite until I heard Alex's bit (you can really hear him through the entire song) but I also like the 13 year old kids entry too.

1022.gif

Gotta think on it a bit before I vote - this is arguably a bigger vote than our other election later this month. LOL

"Gotta think on it a bit before I vote - this is arguably a bigger vote than our other election later this month."

goodpost.gif laugh.gif

This is the first I've heard the finalists..They are all good in their own little way. I like the 13 year olds version, I think it would be Cool for him to win smile.gif

1022.gif http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg174/Arleen66/HNIC_Logo_1998.png 1022.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Oct 4 2008, 11:27 PM)
Yes his guitar riff just rocked! CLASSIC Lifeson!! 2.gif  2.gif

1022.gif

"Gotta think on it a bit before I vote - this is arguably a bigger vote than our other election later this month."

goodpost.gif laugh.gif

This is the first I've heard the finalists..They are all good in their own little way. I like the 13 year olds version, I think it would be Cool for him to win smile.gif

1022.gif http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg174/Arleen66/HNIC_Logo_1998.png 1022.gif

Agreed...........some good ones in there. Tough Choice!

yes.gif

Too true man.

By the way, I'm loving Tyler Kennedy right now. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Arleen2112 @ Oct 5 2008, 11:54 AM)
QUOTE (Wilderness_of_Mirrors @ Oct 5 2008, 09:08 AM)
its not playing for me!!!!!

rage.gif

Maybe you have to be Canadian to hear them http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg174/Arleen66/canada-4.gif

confused13.gif I Dunno

It played fine for me down in the States. But, I'm also half-Canadian so they may have given me a free pass.

The 2 finalists were chosen during tonights Toronto vs. Detroit game(Toronto is winning 3-2 with 10 minutes left BTW) 1022.gif

The 13 year old kid(who is from Toronto) is one of the final 2 bncegrn.gif

He was proud as hell and just a wee bit shy when they showed him..his cheeks were as red as the maple leaf rofl3.gif

I'm gonna vote for him smile.gif

Archived