Drummers needed NOW!

_pete_

We have about half of the songs completed and the other half of the song list selected.

We need forum members who are solid drummers to record the drum tracks so we can finish this up.

I know there are quite a few drummers here and have no doubt that they can play the parts.

We've asked a few times and gotten no responses. It's time to show what you got!!

Here is a short sampler of the project so far.

TRF album sampler

The full songs can be heard here:

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=43337

The songs we need drums for are:

1)2112:Overture

2)Limelight

3)The Enemy Within

4)Witch Hunt

5)The Pass

6)Natural Science (this one is already taken)

7)Working Man

Optional: Closer To The Heart

Come on, let's get this done!!

My schedule has cleared somewhat. At least to the point I can do some studio work. I played drums last night for the first time in weeks. I can do some if not all this week.

I recorded Limelight and Overture tonight. I can do Science and Witch Hunt tomorrow.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Sep 29 2008, 11:57 PM)
I recorded Limelight and Overture tonight. I can do Science and Witch Hunt tomorrow.

Awesome!

When you have them ready, go over here and upload them.

Thanks!

Edited by _pete_

I should be able to upload something tonight or Thursday. I recorded Witch Hunt, Natural Science and The Pass last night.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Oct 1 2008, 02:30 PM)
I should be able to upload something tonight or Thursday. I recorded Witch Hunt, Natural Science and The Pass last night.

Cool.

Hunter is doing Nat. Science & Witch Hunt and I'm doing The Pass.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Oct 1 2008, 02:53 PM)
Is my name still in the hat for Natural Science on bass???

YES!!!!ITS REALLY GONNA HAPPEN! ALRIGHT!!

Yes your name is down for NS definetly....i know you've been wanting to do this one awhile.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

If you guys want it, me and Cyg can add our version of "La Villa" onto this album. We started it over a year ago. Drums, bass, keys and guitar rhythm tracks are all done. I just need to record the solos and it's finished. Once my extremely hectic work schedule clears in a couple of weeks I should be able to knock those out.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 1 2008, 06:47 PM)
If you guys want it, me and Cyg can add our version of "La Villa" onto this album. We started it over a year ago. Drums, bass, keys and guitar rhythm tracks are all done. I just need to record the solos and it's finished. Once my extremely hectic work schedule clears in a couple of weeks I should be able to knock those out.

You got my vote!

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 1 2008, 03:47 PM)

sounds good....we'll throw it on the end of the album...right before working man.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (drumj56 @ Oct 1 2008, 09:45 PM)
QUOTE (drumj56 @ Sep 29 2008, 05:43 PM)
Count me in  cool.gif

Or not... unsure.gif

I believe that the drum parts for both Working Man and The Enemy Within are still up for grabs...

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 1 2008, 03:47 PM)

Sounds good, just post it up on TRF: Musicians when it's done!

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

I will record Working Man - however, which version do you guys want me to record? The studio version, or the live version with Neil's drumming? I prefer the Neil live version, but it's up to you guys

QUOTE (drumj56 @ Oct 2 2008, 05:00 AM)
I will record Working Man - however, which version do you guys want me to record? The studio version, or the live version with Neil's drumming? I prefer the Neil live version, but it's up to you guys

Do the neil version...as long as it's not too crazy

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Analogkid1123 @ Oct 1 2008, 10:52 PM)
STILL NEED DRUMMERS FOR!!!:

The Enemy Within

Working Man

First Come first serve at this point.....assuming the track will be good, you have the job...

2.gif  2.gif  2.gif

I'd love to do the Enemy Within but I don't have any recording equipment currently, so I'd have to go to someone else's rig. Workin Man's gonna be tough. I've always done it in a combination of john rutsey's studio track and neil peart's live tracks. I could probably pull if off. I would use the studio track as the bible to adhere to for "how many measures in the 2nd lead" for instance. etc, etc... I'm sure Cyg hooked you guys up nicely with his tracks. I haven't heard them yet but he's polished both in his drumming and also in his recording practices. You can tell he's been at it for a good minute if you listen to his drum recordings.

Damn, I'm really into drumming right now. My new band finally found a singer and I'm totally stoked about that.

GOod luck in your search. I really would like to help and be a part of it, so if you can't find anyone else, I'll ask the guy who bought my rig if I can borrow it. It's a simple setup, but would sound decent for laying down a drum track or two. Let me know if you guys get in a jam (no pun intended. really. lol).

Thanks

tmd

Edited by the masked drummer

What woulda been really cool would be if you guys all put video cameras on yourselves while you did the recordings. That way someone could edit all the footage, hopefully sync it up together in order to make a "making of TRF Tribute" dvd. Just a thought... Edited by the masked drummer