Boots

Test4Eco23

I am sure this has been asked many times in the past. What is the best site for downloading boot videos, and audio concerts. I am looking for quality and selection. I was just made aware that Limewire will download torrent files. I tried other torrent programs and none of them have worked so far. My nephew is using Limewire to do it. Any info would be great. Sorry for posting something that has been already asked. eh.gif

QUOTE (kid glove @ Sep 24 2008, 05:33 PM)
test, i too seem to be torrent challenged. i've all but given up on how to successfully download the file correctly, then open them up. it has frustrated me to no end. some folks seem to have the simple gift, not i!

You can download some "non-torrent" bootlegs via sites like rapidshare and megaupload and uncompress them with a free program like 7zip. The link I posted above has alot of Rush lossless boots, not to mention Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 24 2008, 05:53 PM)
test,  i too seem to be torrent challenged.  i've all but given up on how to successfully download the file correctly,  then open them up.    it has frustrated me to no end.    some folks seem to have the simple gift,  not i!

You can download some "non-torrent" bootlegs via sites like rapidshare and megaupload and uncompress them with a free program like 7zip. The link I posted above has alot of Rush lossless boots, not to mention Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

What is lossless

QUOTE (Test4Eco23 @ Sep 24 2008, 07:41 PM)
test,  i too seem to be torrent challenged.  i've all but given up on how to successfully download the file correctly,  then open them up.    it has frustrated me to no end.    some folks seem to have the simple gift,  not i!

What is lossless

Basically, it's the best sounding type of file. For example, MP3 files are compressed and you lose sound quality from the original source. With a lossless file you get the best/original quality.

Examples of lossless files are FLAC or SHN or WAV.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 24 2008, 07:53 PM)

What is lossless

Basically, it's the best sounding type of file. For example, MP3 files are compressed and you lose sound quality from the original source. With a lossless file you get the best/original quality.

The only difference between FLAC and SHN vs. WAV would be that FLAC and SHN both compress the file to smaller file sizes, hence it does not take as much time to download, while still maintaining the highest quality -- the quality of WAV. WAV is also "lossless", but it does not compress the file like SHN or FLAC. So if you download a boot in SHN or FLAC format that is in total 700MB, in WAV, it would probably be a little over 1.0GB.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Sep 24 2008, 10:16 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Sep 24 2008, 07:53 PM)

What is lossless

The only difference between FLAC and SHN vs. WAV would be that FLAC and SHN both compress the file to smaller file sizes, hence it does not take as much time to download, while still maintaining the highest quality -- the quality of WAV. WAV is also "lossless", but it does not compress the file like SHN or FLAC. So if you download a boot in SHN or FLAC format that is in total 700MB, in WAV, it would probably be a little over 1.0GB.

Yes.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Sep 24 2008, 05:33 PM)
http://www.dimeadozen.org/index.php

More specifically:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/account-details.php?id=263694

wink.gif

You got that right! trink39.gif GeddyOnDime is #1!

You can download some "non-torrent" bootlegs via sites like rapidshare and megaupload and uncompress them with a free program like 7zip.  The link I posted above has alot of Rush lossless boots, not to mention Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Another good place is http://trickydick.us which has a whole boot download section with megaupload links... a great reason to join - you can build up your collection right off the bat here, and not kill your share ratio.

and http://www.thetradersden.org has a good bit of Rush torrent activity.

It's always good to have several options / places to download.

Edited by rushbass

O.K. thanks to everyone for the info. I was wondering if anyone knows any particular boots (audio and video) that are the best quality ones since now I see there are so many to choose from. I am sure you guys have you favs.

Thanks

it was explained to me tonight that my inablity to down load torrent files was my ISP is comcast. i had it told to me 1st that my router needed to be slighty opened up to bypass the firewalls. now i'm told that comcast is the reason. anyone now about the comcast theory?

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Test4Eco23 @ Sep 24 2008, 10:40 PM)
O.K. thanks to everyone for the info. I was wondering if anyone knows any particular boots (audio and video) that are the best quality ones since now I see there are so many to choose from. I am sure you guys have you favs.

Thanks

There are so many good ones... Some must-haves, though, are:

1974-12-16 - Finding Prime

1979-05-28 - Black Forest

1980-01-26 - My Brain Hurts

1981-03-01 - Chicago, The Definitive Edition

1982-12-09 - Music in the Abstract

1984-06-25 - Experience To Extremes (Remastered)

1984-09-27 - Tip Of The Iceberg

1986-03-24 - Mid-American Dreams PE

1986-04-16 - Visions and Illusions - Version 2.02

1988-04-02 - The Dream Ignites

1988-04-23 - Birmingham '88 (Remaster Edition)

1990-05-01 - Target Mass Appeal (Platinum Edition)

1990-05-08 - The Hartford '90

1991-12-07 - Big Money Meets The Big Apple

1992-06-14 - Vital Dreams

1994-03-22 - Critical Mass

1994-04-02 - Nuts and Bolts

1996-10-18 - Echoes On The Stages

1997-06-23 - Great Woods And Summer Skies

2002-07-17 - The Final Mix (Matrix)

2004-09-29 - Penultimate R30 At The Globe

2007-06-13 - Overnight Delivery

2008-04-13 - Chicken Kitchen

Pretty much a taste of each tour to get you going. smile.gif

^^^^ You forgot "1980-02-14 - St. Louis 80' Remaster Edition" wink.gif

I am also partial to "1996-12-05 - Bigger and Better In Texas Remastered"

Both soundboard boots...

^^^^ You forgot "1980-02-14 - St. Louis 80' Remaster Edition"

I am also partial to "1996-12-05 - Bigger and Better In Texas Remastered"

Both soundboard boots...

I was at that Bigger and Better show at the Houston Summit and it is really good but anybody who lists the best Rush bootlegs and omits the St. Louis Remastered show should be criminally prosecuted. laugh.gif

If you are trying to download a torrent, you need a torrent client... uTorrent is the best, and is freeware...

download uTorrent here:

http://www.utorrent.com/

You will also need another freeware program to convert the SHN and FLAC files to WAV, so you can listen to them / burn them to CD... get it here:

http://tlh.easytree.org/

Hope this helps.

QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 29 2008, 02:51 AM)
If you are trying to download a torrent, you need a torrent client... uTorrent is the best, and is freeware...

download uTorrent here:

You will also need another freeware program to convert the SHN and FLAC files to WAV, so you can listen to them / burn them to CD... get it here:

Hope this helps.

Do those programs work for video files also?

QUOTE (Test4Eco23 @ Sep 29 2008, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (rushbass @ Sep 29 2008, 02:51 AM)

download uTorrent here:

Hope this helps.

Do those programs work for video files also?

Yes, you will be able to download video files with uTorrent... of course, you will need some kind of DVD burning software (i.e. - Nero, etc.) to burn them to disc.

I don't currently own a pair but I used to wear boots on occasion.....
  • Like 2

My boots are made for walkin'!

A Nancy Sinatra reference on the TRF?..... :o Well played.... :D
  • Like 1