New Marillion album

jesterhud

I'm loving this album. The production value is top notch. It's the first Marillion album I loved on the first listen. Most of the time I have to warm up to a new album through many many listens. Not this album. There something about it, I instantly loved it. I can't find a weak song out of the 20. It is so sonicly appealing to me. At the same time, nothing really stands out as a superior track. Of course I'm only on my third listen so things could always change. smile.gif

Has anyone found the lyrics to this album yet?

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Sep 17 2008, 11:33 PM)
I'm loving this album. The production value is top notch. It's the first Marillion album I loved on the first listen. Most of the time I have to warm up to a new album through many many listens. Not this album. There something about it, I instantly loved it. I can't find a weak song out of the 20. It is so sonicly appealing to me. At the same time, nothing really stands out as a superior track. Of course I'm only on my third listen so things could always change. smile.gif

Has anyone found the lyrics to this album yet?

LyricsWiki has "Whatever is Wrong With You?", "A State of Mind", and "Real Tears for Sale".

"Essence", "Nothing Fills the Hole", "Woke Up", "Thunder Fly", "Asylum Satellite #1", "Whatever is Wrong With You?", "Especially True", and "Real Tears for Sale" are probably my favorite tracks.

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Sep 21 2008, 01:30 AM)
it's just getting better and better. This album is incredible. If the MP3s sound this good, I can't wait to hear what the CDs sound like!

trink38.gif

Does it rank with Marbles ?

QUOTE (tick @ Sep 21 2008, 05:03 AM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Sep 21 2008, 01:30 AM)
it's just getting better and better.  This album is incredible.  If the MP3s sound this good, I can't wait to hear what the CDs sound like!

trink38.gif

Does it rank with Marbles ?

With respect to Kuzdu, I'm liking this new album better than Marbles. It's still early, my opinion is subject to change. I love Marbles, but it took me longer to warm up to it. I loved Happiness instantly! That's never happened to me before with a new Marillion album. I think it's their best since Brave or Season's End.

Tick, did you ever get the new album???

I bought it on Oct 29 (even though I already had the MP3s). I paid $28. Not cheap but it is a double album. Each disc is sold separately ($14 each). I enjoyed paying for this as it is soooooo damn good! It's the only album I'm listening to right now.

Get the MP3s for free, then go buy it and support the band. You won't be sorry.

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Nov 7 2008, 04:41 PM)

I bought it on Oct 29 (even though I already had the MP3s). I paid $28. Not cheap but it is a double album. Each disc is sold separately ($14 each). I enjoyed paying for this as it is soooooo damn good! It's the only album I'm listening to right now.

Get the MP3s for free, then go buy it and support the band. You won't be sorry.

I have had it a couple of weeks now. It literally took me about 10 listens of each disc before I started to really get it. Now, I absolutely love it. Its an amazing album. Marillion is an amazing band. I won't draw any comparisons, but lets just say, I'm very happy with the product. 1022.gif

the f-n download did not work for me . 1287.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 10 2008, 12:49 PM)

I bought it on Oct 29 (even though I already had the MP3s).  I paid $28.  Not cheap but it is a double album.  Each disc is sold separately ($14 each).  I enjoyed paying for this as it is soooooo damn good!  It's the only album I'm listening to right now. 

Get the MP3s for free, then go buy it and support the band.  You won't be sorry.

I have had it a couple of weeks now. It literally took me about 10 listens of each disc before I started to really get it. Now, I absolutely love it. Its an amazing album. Marillion is an amazing band. I won't draw any comparisons, but lets just say, I'm very happy with the product. 1022.gif

Glad to hear it!

They are putting some of their shows up for download the day after. Last night's show is up for download at marillion.com

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 10 2008, 07:49 PM)

I bought it on Oct 29 (even though I already had the MP3s).  I paid $28.  Not cheap but it is a double album.  Each disc is sold separately ($14 each).  I enjoyed paying for this as it is soooooo damn good!  It's the only album I'm listening to right now. 

Get the MP3s for free, then go buy it and support the band.  You won't be sorry.

It's a fantastic album, so dense and Floydy in parts.

And I get to see them this Friday!! Why, I think it's time for a banana. common001.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 11 2008, 06:21 AM)

And I get to see them this Friday!! Why, I think it's time for a banana. common001.gif

ohmy.gif I am so jelious !

I am praying they come to the states this tour ! Otherwise, I have to pray, I have the money to go to Montreal in April.

I saw the Marbles tour in a club of about 400 people in 04. It was one of the most amazing concerts I have ever seen. When the show opened with "The Invisible Man" it was one of the greatest songs I have ever heard live.

I WANT TO SEE MARILLION AGAIN !!! rage.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Nov 13 2008, 01:07 PM)

I am praying they come to the states this tour ! Otherwise, I have to pray, I have the money to go to Montreal in April.

I saw the Marbles tour in a club of about 400 people in 04. It was one of the most amazing concerts I have ever seen. When the show opened with "The Invisible Man" it was one of the greatest songs I have ever heard live.

Wow, an absolute Skullf*ck of a show. Will post a review when I am able.

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Nov 15 2008, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Nov 13 2008, 01:07 PM)

Wow, an absolute Skullf*ck of a show. Will post a review when I am able.

I'll bet it was. There are not many bands today that can equal Marillions quality of music they continue to make. What a trully awesome band !

Oh man.

I got "Early Stages, Official Bootlegs from 82-87" yesterday. 6 cds, liner notes by Fish, over 6 hours of live music. It's too good. The sound quality is out of this world. All radio show broadcasts, e.g., disc one from '82 is from Radio Clyde.

Demand this for Christmas.

QUOTE (Wartypig @ Sep 12 2008, 01:19 PM)
Excellent band....Had the pleasure of photographing them three times in the last couple of years......

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g21/leemillward/Marillion%202-12-07/Img8801.jpg

I JUST found out that my friend did their lighting once at a secret gig in Aylesbury ohmy.gif I'm just one town over! 1022.gif

Archived