Mouse problem

ReflectedLight

Is it possible that your mouse is not compatible with the laptop? Or, the laptop won't take or acknowledge a mouse? just a thought...

Some models of laptops require you to turn off the built-in touchpad or change it to auto so it sees either mouse. You have to go into the BIOS on boot up and change the setting.

QUOTE (Show Don't Tell @ Aug 6 2008, 11:48 AM)
Try shutting down your laptop and rebooting it all with the mouse plugged in. Sometimes the computer needs to be restarted in order for a new hardware device to function properly.

Yup tried that. The mouse lights up, than it asking me to search for software or drivers it came with. I don't have the drivers, but I never had to install a mouse driver.

I'll try that BIOS thing or maybe through the control panel.

Is there a make and model number on the mouse. If so, go to the company website and download the driver. After download, reboot with the mouse plugged in and when it asks to search for the driver, just tell it where you saved the file.

There are other methods we can try as well. But it sure looks like you at least need to find the correct driver first.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 6 2008, 03:15 PM)
Is there a make and model number on the mouse. If so, go to the company website and download the driver. After download, reboot with the mouse plugged in and when it asks to search for the driver, just tell it where you saved the file.

There are other methods we can try as well. But it sure looks like you at least need to find the correct driver first.

Thanks. I'm having a hard time finding the driver for a cheap mouse.

The mouse is a Dynex model DX-OM101

QUOTE (rushringleader @ Aug 6 2008, 04:56 PM)
http://www.dynexproducts.com/skins/Skin_1/...100_Drivers.zip

That is the driver for the "wireless" version of the same mouse. Product numbers are very important when finding drivers. The post RL made is for the DX-WOM100, not the DX-OM101 !!

Don't try and install that!!

I'm looking for the correct driver for you. Are you on a Mac or PC?

That mouse is a USB mouse correct?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 6 2008, 05:53 PM)
I read somewhere that someone mentioned they don't have a driver for this mouse. If this is true, I'll just have to spring for another mouse or just use the touchpad.

Yes, there is a driver for it. It's mentioned in the product details page on their website, but they don't offer it as a download. Says it comes with a cd rom that includes the driver.

I have searched and searched for it and can't find it. Sorry I tried.

Just go buy a new mouse, they are super cheap.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 6 2008, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 6 2008, 05:53 PM)
I read somewhere that someone mentioned they don't have a driver for this mouse. If this is true, I'll just have to spring for another mouse or just use the touchpad.

Yes, there is a driver for it. It's mentioned in the product details page on their website, but they don't offer it as a download. Says it comes with a cd rom that includes the driver.

I have searched and searched for it and can't find it. Sorry I tried.

Just go buy a new mouse, they are super cheap.

Thanks

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 6 2008, 08:09 PM)
QUOTE (rushringleader @ Aug 6 2008, 04:56 PM)
http://www.dynexproducts.com/skins/Skin_1/...100_Drivers.zip

That is the driver for the "wireless" version of the same mouse. Product numbers are very important when finding drivers. The post RL made is for the DX-WOM100, not the DX-OM101 !!

Don't try and install that!!

I'm looking for the correct driver for you. Are you on a Mac or PC?

That mouse is a USB mouse correct?

WOOPS My bad! doh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 7 2008, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Aug 7 2008, 02:56 PM)
is it usb?

Yes.

I've pretty much given up at this point. I bought a new mouse with software and nothing.

I'll use the touchpad.

Ok well it sounds like you need to update your actual USB drivers then if no mouse will work.

Give me the exact make and model number of your computer. I'll find you an updated version.

QUOTE (launchpad67a @ Aug 8 2008, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 7 2008, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (hunter @ Aug 7 2008, 02:56 PM)
is it usb?

Yes.

I've pretty much given up at this point. I bought a new mouse with software and nothing.

I'll use the touchpad.

Ok well it sounds like you need to update your actual USB drivers then if no mouse will work.

Give me the exact make and model number of your computer. I'll find you an updated version.

It's a Toshiba laptop. Satellite M35-S359

That's all it says on the bottom sticker.

Archived