The New York Yankees

PhilCastro

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 13 2008, 09:36 PM)
A-rod is a zero in the clutch. Funny thing is, he'll probably hit two homeruns in a game when they're winning by 10 runs, and everyone will think he's the greatest again. A-rod is a one-way street. Well, he puts fans in the seats and sells the merchandise.

I have an "every other year" theory about A-Rod. Last year he was clutch hitting over .300 with RISP. This year he's a dud. Watch out next year in the new Yankee Stadium! He's going to hit 60 hr while batting .350 with RISP! You wait and see! laugh.gif

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know, I have no idea why Jason Giambi gets a free ride. He's a cheat and AWFUL! He's worse than A-Rod when batting with RISP. He's a denfensive liability. He can't run the bases. He's a .250 hitter that strikes out too much. In 2003 he aske out of the line-up during the World Series. I've never seen a player apparently benefit from steroids as much as Giambi. His contract is the worst in Yankees history.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 13 2008, 08:42 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Aug 13 2008, 09:36 PM)
A-rod is a zero in the clutch.  Funny thing is, he'll probably hit two homeruns in a game when they're winning by 10 runs, and everyone will think he's the greatest again.  A-rod is a one-way street.  Well, he puts fans in the seats and sells the merchandise.

I have an "every other year" theory about A-Rod. Last year he was clutch hitting over .300 with RISP. This year he's a dud. Watch out next year in the new Yankee Stadium! He's going to hit 60 hr while batting .350 with RISP! You wait and see! laugh.gif

You might be right. unsure.gif

It will never happen, but could you imagine if guys like A-rod were only guaranteed the huge pay check only if they hit minimum of this many HR, RBI's, and runners in scoring position? I have a feeling he would be a different player right now. laugh.gif

the fat lady has sung in the bronx. next stop of the tour, queen's n.y.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Aug 18 2008, 09:22 AM)
They better start getting their sh*t together. Especially since I am seeing them at The Stadium in two weeks (can't wait!!)

ohmy.gif Thats awesome!!

What game. I'll watch for you laugh.gif

Wow. The Yankees HAVE to win as many games as possible for there to be any hope of making the play-offs. Tonight look at the Yankees 3 and 4 hitters, so far, tonight - 0 for 6 with 6 strikeouts and 6 LOB. The Yankees have "invested" over 50 million dollars in these boobs this season. Talk about money well spent! rage.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 19 2008, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 19 2008, 09:06 PM)
Tied game.  eh.gif

biggrin.gif

What's Rasner making? The league minimum? Why do the Yankees pay all these 20 million dollar men if they can't push a run across the plate for this guy? confused13.gif I hate griping about the pay roll, but the Yankees make it soooo easy! laugh.gif

Let's go Yankees! cheer.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 19 2008, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 19 2008, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 19 2008, 08:10 PM)
Tied game.  eh.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

rage.gif

laugh.gif

moon.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 19 2008, 09:19 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Aug 19 2008, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Aug 19 2008, 09:15 PM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Aug 19 2008, 08:10 PM)
Tied game.  eh.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif

rage.gif

laugh.gif

moon.gif

Oh, yeah!

moon.gif

Archived