The New York Yankees

PhilCastro

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Dec 13 2008, 12:48 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Dec 11 2008, 12:29 AM)
QUOTE (Queen of Megadon @ Dec 10 2008, 11:20 PM)
i dont know why we are excited about paying 4x what the Mets paid for K-Rod to a guy who doesnt want to play here and is only playing for the NYY for the money.

The last time the Yanks were truly great was when they had a good mix of veteran Yanks and young hungry boys who were willing to work to build a dynasty.

We will never win with a bunch of overpaid underenthusiastic egotistical players.

Yeah. I just read the Yankees are prepared to offer A.J. Burnett a 5 year deal worth 91 million! wacko.gif

His career record is 87-76, with almost a freakin' 4.00 ERA.............WTF? New York is nuts..........

and he's had shoulder and elbow injuries in the past.

I say whatever. We all know the way baseball goes. The last year of your contract is the one players get up for. Than they can score the big contract. It's a friggin joke, and that's why I don't get juiced up over sports anymore.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (alphseeker @ Dec 13 2008, 12:59 AM)
Can't buy true love and you CAN'T BUY CHEMISTRY and that is what wins championships -

Yes! Look at the Devil Rays last year. Do the Yankees really need an all star at every position? Did they really need to sign Pudge Rodriquez at the end of the year? They'll never get it.

the yankees refuse to rebuild . they spend tons of cash every year on old or overrated players. same shit that happened to them this year will happen agian , no championship . take a few years and build

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 13 2008, 03:51 PM)
the yankees refuse to rebuild . they spend tons of cash every year on old or overrated players. same shit that happened to them this year will happen agian , no championship . take a few years and build

Yes. They are incredibly impatient! They pencil into the rotation 21 and 23 year olds and count on them to win 15 games each and when they don't they basically give up on them. And where are the position players?!?!?! An organization that can print money but can't develope players is pathetic.

Teams like my Indians become the farm clubs for New York , Boston & Los Angeles markets. WE build them up from our farm system they turn into quality players then trade them because Cleveland can't afford them no longer. Many world series championships were won because of ex Indians...

New York and Boston! tongue.gif yes.gif

Archived