Teixeira traded

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 29 2008, 06:48 PM)
ESPN just reporting Braves trading Mark Teixeira to the Angels for Casey Kotchman and pitching prospect Stephen Marek.

Saw it. Amazing....well, the trading has begun....Hopefully Manny will be traded. I'm done with him.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jul 29 2008, 08:32 PM)
ESPN  just reporting Braves trading Mark Teixeira to the Angels for Casey Kotchman and pitching prospect Stephen Marek.

Saw it. Amazing....well, the trading has begun....Hopefully Manny will be traded. I'm done with him.

I hope he gets traded also, his act has worn thin. I lost all respect after pushing the secretary down. angry.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 29 2008, 08:38 PM)
ESPN  just reporting Braves trading Mark Teixeira to the Angels for Casey Kotchman and pitching prospect Stephen Marek.

I hope he gets traded also, his act has worn thin. I lost all respect after pushing the secretary down. angry.gif

That was only one of them. I was reading a Q&A blog with an expert. A Yankee fan comes on & says that he wants Manny. He would fit right in!

First, he'd have to lose the dreads...next, he is a liability defensively...on second thought, he'd look good right next to Damon tongue.gif

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jul 29 2008, 08:44 PM)

That was only one of them. I was reading a Q&A blog with an expert. A Yankee fan comes on & says that he wants Manny. He would fit right in!

First, he'd have to lose the dreads...next, he is a liability defensively...on second thought, he'd look good right next to Damon tongue.gif

The Yankees can have him. The Sox should go after Jason Bay of the Pirates after this season. He will hit 20-25 hrs, drive in around 100, and is an upgrade in defense and attitude. JMO wink.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 29 2008, 08:52 PM)
QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jul 29 2008, 08:44 PM)

The Yankees can have him. The Sox should go after Jason Bay of the Pirates after this season. He will hit 20-25 hrs, drive in around 100, and is an upgrade in defense and attitude. JMO wink.gif

I agree yes.gif I hope they get someone soon like that. We don't really need the power that Manny has if is defensively....actually that's pretty much the rest of the league tongue.gif

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 29 2008, 05:48 PM)
ESPN just reporting Braves trading Mark Teixeira to the Angels for Casey Kotchman and pitching prospect Stephen Marek.

I have mixed emotions about this trade ... as a Braves fan, I feel like it was smart. However, I followed Tex at Ga Tech and wish he could have stuck with the Braves.

he would have been a free agent at the end of the year, so at least we got something for him. Btw, ESPN is now reporting that the Angels also threw in the rally monkey as part of the deal. Now, we just need to teach him how to do the chop.

QUOTE (Der Trommler @ Jul 29 2008, 07:44 PM)

I was going to say, he would look like a golden glove compared to Matsui or Damon. laugh.gif

Manny is the best right-handed hitter of his generation. He's still good. The Red Sox will use him up this season and let him walk on the option at the end of the year. You can't trade him and replace the numbers in the middle of the line-up. Ortiz's numbers will go right down the tubes. Hell, they hit Drew in front of him and he tore it up until he was dropped in the order too. It's the best place to hit in the game...right before Manny. He's got 3 good years left. No one will give you anything significant and there's no way in hell they'll give him up to the Yankees. NO WAY IN HELL!

He's an idiot...I'll give you that. And he's a defensive liability, but the hitting. What'd he do the day he said he'd leave? Went 3-3 with a home run against the Yanks? Something like that....He's so self involved he doesn't even feel the pressure he puts on himself. Red Sox fans...you're still looking for that first Series without Manny. I hate to say it but it's true. Deal him and you're instantly in danger of missing the playoffs and finishing behind New York and Tampa Bay. Jason Bay isn't and never will be the hitter Manny is...never will be. He'll act like a dick and carry you right back into the post season.

QUOTE (MULTIPLIED REACTION @ Jul 29 2008, 03:48 PM)

Kotch is awesome on D and hits .300..we'd better re-sign Tex or this was a very bad trade for the Halos.

QUOTE (Puckfiend @ Jul 30 2008, 11:26 AM)

Kotch is awesome on D and hits .300..we'd better re-sign Tex or this was a very bad trade for the Halos.

I just read the analysis over at baseballamerica.com on this trade:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/major...008/266604.html

In the last paragraph they mention that if Teixeira goes elsewhere this winter, the Angels would get two premium draft picks. So is Kotchman worth two premium draft picks?

Hitting-wise, there is a huge difference between Teixeira and Kotchman. Run production hasn't always been there for this club this year. I think short-term, this trade could put them over the top.

If they win the Series and they don't re-sign him, the trade is definitely worth it.

QUOTE (raygun47 @ Jul 30 2008, 12:10 AM)
Manny is the best right-handed hitter of his generation. He's still good. The Red Sox will use him up this season and let him walk on the option at the end of the year. You can't trade him and replace the numbers in the middle of the line-up. Ortiz's numbers will go right down the tubes. Hell, they hit Drew in front of him and he tore it up until he was dropped in the order too. It's the best place to hit in the game...right before Manny. He's got 3 good years left. No one will give you anything significant and there's no way in hell they'll give him up to the Yankees. NO WAY IN HELL!

He's an idiot...I'll give you that. And he's a defensive liability, but the hitting. What'd he do the day he said he'd leave? Went 3-3 with a home run against the Yanks? Something like that....He's so self involved he doesn't even feel the pressure he puts on himself. Red Sox fans...you're still looking for that first Series without Manny. I hate to say it but it's true. Deal him and you're instantly in danger of missing the playoffs and finishing behind New York and Tampa Bay. Jason Bay isn't and never will be the hitter Manny is...never will be. He'll act like a dick and carry you right back into the post season.

Ok, the thing you seem to forget that it's only Manny being Manny. When he wants to play, he does. But that is few & far between. Yes, he is a hitter almost unmatched (I don't think he is the best hitter in this league). However, his defensive poise coupled with his moments of when he wants to play makes him less of a great player. I'd rather another player who wants to play & make less defensive lapses. It's true that when you have hitters like Manny & Ortiz back to back that the pitching changes. Ortiz will more than likely struggle. However, there's been too many times when Manny won't even play. So then the question is, is it worth it to keep him?

I really don't think so. I can't see it. Right now, the Rays are keeping a torrid pace. The Yanks just made themselves contenders for a playoff run & the Sox are stuck with Manny being Manny. He may go 3-3 one night & not show up the next. Then does that become worth the price of admission?

As a BoSox fan, the answer is no from me. I just can't stand listening to a player whine about his money situation especially during a season. It is a distraction. The Sox have one win in their last 6 games & their run support is mysteriously missing.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 30 2008, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (Puckfiend @ Jul 30 2008, 11:26 AM)

I just read the analysis over at baseballamerica.com on this trade:

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/major...008/266604.html

In the last paragraph they mention that if Teixeira goes elsewhere this winter, the Angels would get two premium draft picks. So is Kotchman worth two premium draft picks?

Hitting-wise, there is a huge difference between Teixeira and Kotchman. Run production hasn't always been there for this club this year. I think short-term, this trade could put them over the top.

If they win the Series and they don't re-sign him, the trade is definitely worth it.

You have to remember that Tex has the baseball anti-christ for an agent, and so he's going to free agency no matter what. This is a stab at a WS by the LAAOA, and as good a club as they've got already, it might just work. SOB's rage.gif

As a Marlins fan (yes, we do exist!), I really hope that they don't make the mistake of trading for Manny. I really don't think they will, because Manny is a legendary defensive liability, and the Marlins are already one of the worse-fielding teams in the NL. If anything, the Marlins need a catcher and pitching.

QUOTE (biggoodie @ Jul 30 2008, 10:02 PM)
As a Marlins fan (yes, we do exist!), I really hope that they don't make the mistake of trading for Manny. I really don't think they will, because Manny is a legendary defensive liability, and the Marlins are already one of the worse-fielding teams in the NL. If anything, the Marlins need a catcher and pitching.

It could be a game changer for Florida to rent Manny. They're in the thick of this race this late in the season. He would be a huge addition to that lineup. And if Manny doesn't re-sign with the Marlins, they get draft picks. I don't know how the deal is going to get done, though.

QUOTE (anagramking @ Jul 30 2008, 11:07 PM)
QUOTE (biggoodie @ Jul 30 2008, 10:02 PM)
As a Marlins fan (yes, we do exist!), I really hope that they don't make the mistake of trading for Manny.  I really don't think they will, because Manny is a legendary defensive liability, and the Marlins are already one of the worse-fielding teams in the NL.  If anything, the Marlins need a catcher and pitching.

It could be a game changer for Florida to rent Manny. They're in the thick of this race this late in the season. He would be a huge addition to that lineup. And if Manny doesn't re-sign with the Marlins, they get draft picks. I don't know how the deal is going to get done, though.

It would be something that would work for the Marlins. The Sox might benefit from this. Inexplicably, they haven't been able to generate many wins.

Archived