Singles Forum?

SimpleKindMirror

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 3 2008, 10:18 PM)
QUOTE (MMCXII @ Sep 4 2008, 12:14 AM)
singles forum might be cool but too bad we're spread all over north america eh?  eh.gif

Actually we are spread across 68 countries here.

wow, member #1?? I guess you'd know then! lol

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

singles forum might be cool but too bad we're spread all over north america eh?  eh.gif

At least one person moved across the big ol ocean. More might, never know.

QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 4 2008, 10:35 AM)

At least one person moved across the big ol ocean. More might, never know.

That's right and I moved 2400 miles across the country.

wub.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 3 2008, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 3 2008, 05:14 PM)
You make out like a bandit because we are women Rush fans. We are intelligent beautiful women. I think there are quite a few women here who are looking so you might not think it's as bad as it is.

I still don't see that as making out. I'm not in any way knocking the caliber of women here, so please don't think that's what I'm saying. My point is that (on average), all you intelligent beautiful women have your choice of 10 guys to choose from. Even if only 30% are to your liking, that's still a choice of 3 for every woman. On the other hand, each man has to fight off 9 other men for the chance to be rejected. Granted, my math is skewed because I'm assuming a 10:1 ratio and assuming that everyone is single and looking, which isn't the case. For the purpose of my argument, pretend my math is in the ballpark of fair. Even assuming my math is off by, say, 50%, I still don't see that as making out. But hey...different strokes, right?

That was a lot of math right there.

My eyes glazed over for a few minutes. I think I drooled a little while my mouth was wide open trying to wrap my head around all those numbers.

In the end, those aren't the best odds, really.

I guess it's good to be a woman into Rush!

Although I'm hearing reports of more women attending Rush shows. I wonder how the guys feel about this? (By guys, I mean, Alex, Neil and Geddy.) Here they are nearing the end of their touring career and finally, chicks.

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 4 2008, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 3 2008, 08:17 PM)
QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 3 2008, 05:14 PM)
You make out like a bandit because we are women Rush fans. We are intelligent beautiful women. I think there are quite a few women here who are looking so you might not think it's as bad as it is.

I still don't see that as making out. I'm not in any way knocking the caliber of women here, so please don't think that's what I'm saying. My point is that (on average), all you intelligent beautiful women have your choice of 10 guys to choose from. Even if only 30% are to your liking, that's still a choice of 3 for every woman. On the other hand, each man has to fight off 9 other men for the chance to be rejected. Granted, my math is skewed because I'm assuming a 10:1 ratio and assuming that everyone is single and looking, which isn't the case. For the purpose of my argument, pretend my math is in the ballpark of fair. Even assuming my math is off by, say, 50%, I still don't see that as making out. But hey...different strokes, right?

That was a lot of math right there.

My eyes glazed over for a few minutes. I think I drooled a little while my mouth was wide open trying to wrap my head around all those numbers.

In the end, those aren't the best odds, really.

I guess it's good to be a woman into Rush!

Although I'm hearing reports of more women attending Rush shows. I wonder how the guys feel about this? (By guys, I mean, Alex, Neil and Geddy.) Here they are nearing the end of their touring career and finally, chicks.

You could have just started a poll, would have saved ya the time and affort, besides it is just an assumption that there are more men here looking than women. biggrin.gif

I agree, too much math.

QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 4 2008, 12:44 PM)
You could have just started a poll, would have saved ya the time and affort, besides it is just an assumption that there are more men here looking than women. biggrin.gif

I agree, too much math.

Getting an accurate percentage wasn't my point in making my post; I was just tossing in my 2 cents and speculating with vague numbers. They're not right, I'm sure, since I made some wild assumptions, but I think my point still (generally) stands. I just think that there's a good chance that - if looking - women probably have it a little easier than men here. I was just backing up my point with numbers I guessed at with no real basis (besides possibly observations at Rush shows I've seen). Maybe I'm completely wrong, and until someone makes a poll (which I'm too lazy to do), we may never know.

And sorry about the math. I know thinking can be tough. tongue.gif doh.gif sarcasm.gif

I agree completely (was just teasing you about the statistics earlier). No one can deny that more men than women are into Rush. So the Rush-lovin' gal definitely can pick and choose her guy. But the guys are in luck as more and more women get into Rush. At the Seattle show, I was surprised to see so many girls there and obviously into the band (not just dragged there by husbands/boyfriends).

I'm curious how many women and men we have here and if that accurately translates into who we're seeing at their shows. (I don't think that made sense but you know what I mean, right? My brain is running on limited caffeine atm.)

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 4 2008, 02:52 PM)
I agree completely (was just teasing you about the statistics earlier). No one can deny that more men than women are into Rush. So the Rush-lovin' gal definitely can pick and choose her guy. But the guys are in luck as more and more women get into Rush. At the Seattle show, I was surprised to see so many girls there and obviously into the band (not just dragged there by husbands/boyfriends).

That may be true, but it's kinda like a drop in the ocean. How long will it be before there's a 50/50 split? I certainly won't be alive then (and I'm only 34). smile.gif

I'm curious how many women and men we have here and if that accurately translates into who we're seeing at their shows. (I don't think that made sense but you know what I mean, right? My brain is running on limited caffeine atm.)

That makes sense. You want to see if TRF is representative of the attendance of the average Rush show. I guess you could make a poll, but to be fair, I think you'd also have to poll concertgoers to see if there's any direct correlation.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 4 2008, 11:08 AM)

That makes sense. You want to see if TRF is representative of the attendance of the average Rush show. I guess you could make a poll, but to be fair, I think you'd also have to poll concertgoers to see if there's any direct correlation.

Someone actually did make a gender poll once. I can't remember what subforum it was in, though.

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 4 2008, 01:08 PM)

That may be true, but it's kinda like a drop in the ocean. How long will it be before there's a 50/50 split? I certainly won't be alive then (and I'm only 34). smile.gif

I wasn't meaning a poll to see who is on the board here more but a poll to see what percentage men vs women who are single and available here.

At the Moline show there was a HUGE line to the womens restroom and no line into the mens. First time I have EVER seen that.

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Sep 4 2008, 03:15 PM)
Someone actually did make a gender poll once. I can't remember what subforum it was in, though.

If there's any way to sort members by gender (at least for those who have answered - and answered honestly), you should be able to get a gender ratio. That wouldn't address Janie's curiosity about if that number would correlate with your typical Rush shows. I don't think we'll ever know for sure, because I think many may opt not to answer or not answer honestly (and I'm not even taking into account multiple names for members, either). For now, I'll stick with my belief that women are the vast minority - both at shows and on TRF. I could be way off, but I'm betting I'm not.

QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 4 2008, 03:25 PM)
I wasn't meaning a poll to see who is on the board here more but a poll to see what percentage men vs women who are single and available here.

At the Moline show there was a HUGE line to the womens restroom and no line into the mens. First time I have EVER seen that.

Well, I guess that's a poll you could make. Unless it's somehow correlated with location, I'm not sure how much good it would do anyone - and I have NO idea how you'd go about relating the two.

Regarding the bathroom issue, there are 2 possibilities. Maybe the tide is turning on the gender gap.....or maybe women just take longer. tongue.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 4 2008, 09:48 AM)

Alex and Geddy (who have the vantage point of seeing the aforementioned females) have to be saying to themselves - "Finally - women who air drum, air guitar, know the words to our songs, fist pump, [insert fanboi/grl behavior here] - and we're in our mid-50s?? wtf?" tongue.gif

KG cat.gif (Hi Janie bekloppt.gif )

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 4 2008, 01:32 PM)

Well, I guess that's a poll you could make. Unless it's somehow correlated with location, I'm not sure how much good it would do anyone - and I have NO idea how you'd go about relating the two.

Regarding the bathroom issue, there are 2 possibilities. Maybe the tide is turning on the gender gap.....or maybe women just take longer. tongue.gif

If your looking here at TRF then obviously one party would have to move, whether across the country or across the world and second you just ask (on the poll).

Are you male or Female

Are you interested in a singles forum?

I guess you could even take it further, Would you be willing to relocate? And so forth.

Been to 20 Rush shows and here the past 2 tours womens attendence has gone up. It takes longer to get into the bathroom more than ever.

QUOTE (pixey @ Sep 4 2008, 02:25 PM)
QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 4 2008, 01:08 PM)

Has the thought occured to you that maybe the reason there was a huge line at the Women's room and not the Men's was that Women don't care if they miss a song and Men do? And that maybe there is no correlation whatsoever between how many Women are standing in line and how many Women in attendance in proportion to Men? confused13.gif

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 4 2008, 12:28 PM)
Someone actually did make a gender poll once.  I can't remember what subforum it was in, though.

If there's any way to sort members by gender (at least for those who have answered - and answered honestly), you should be able to get a gender ratio. That wouldn't address Janie's curiosity about if that number would correlate with your typical Rush shows. I don't think we'll ever know for sure, because I think many may opt not to answer or not answer honestly (and I'm not even taking into account multiple names for members, either). For now, I'll stick with my belief that women are the vast minority - both at shows and on TRF. I could be way off, but I'm betting I'm not.

I think the only people who would know would be Alex, Geddy and Neil. I mean, they're the ones who have looked out upon the faces of their fans for over 30 years.

It's just my own curiosity as to how many more women are Rush fans now vs. women Rush fans in the 70s. (For example)

It does seem like there are a decent number of women here though (but maybe that's because I spend a lot of time in the NWW forum!).

QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 4 2008, 12:32 PM)

Yeah. Unless you live in a large city, the chances of another TRFer being single and looking is slim, IMO. I think it'd have to be more of a long distance via the internet relationship deal.

QUOTE (kittengirl2112 @ Sep 4 2008, 12:33 PM)

Alex and Geddy (who have the vantage point of seeing the aforementioned females) have to be saying to themselves - "Finally - women who air drum, air guitar, know the words to our songs, fist pump, [insert fanboi/grl behavior here] - and we're in our mid-50s?? wtf?" tongue.gif

It's got to be great for them! I wonder why though so many more women are finally getting into Rush? There are also quite a few kids attending Rush shows too. Is this a new phenomenon?

I wonder how the wives feel about the increase in female attention? wink.gif (Although I admit, I'm more curious about how the guys feel about it.)

Here is the gender poll: http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=393

Also, here are the countries represented here on TRF:

user posted image Argentina

user posted image Australia

user posted image Azerbaijan

user posted image Belguim

user posted image Brazil

user posted image Bulgaria

user posted image Canada

user posted image Chile

user posted image China

user posted image Colombia

user posted image Costa Rica

user posted image Cote D'Ivoire

user posted image Croatia

user posted image Czech Republic

user posted image Denmark

user posted image Ecuador

user posted image Estonia

user posted image Europe

user posted image Finland

user posted image France

user posted image Germany

user posted image Greece

user posted image Guyana

user posted image Honduras

user posted image Hong Kong

user posted image Hungary

user posted image Iceland

user posted image India

user posted image Indonesia

user posted image Iran

user posted image Ireland

user posted image Israel

user posted image Italy

user posted image Japan

user posted image Republic of Korea

user posted image Latvia

user posted image Lebanon

user posted image Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

user posted image Lithuania

user posted image Macedonia

user posted image Malaysia

user posted image Mexico

user posted image Republic of Moldova

user posted image Morocco

user posted image Netherlands

user posted image New Zealand

user posted image Nicaragua

user posted image Norway

user posted image Panama

user posted image Philippines

user posted image Poland

user posted image Romania

user posted image Russian Federation

user posted image Saudi Arabia

user posted image Serbia

user posted image Singapore

user posted image Spain

user posted image Sweden

user posted image Switzerland

user posted image Taiwan

user posted image Thailand

user posted image Turkey

user posted image Ukraine

user posted image United Arab Emirates

user posted image United Kingdom

user posted image United States

user posted image Venezuela

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 5 2008, 08:30 AM)
QUOTE (kittengirl2112 @ Sep 4 2008, 12:33 PM)

It's got to be great for them! I wonder why though so many more women are finally getting into Rush? There are also quite a few kids attending Rush shows too. Is this a new phenomenon?

I wonder how the wives feel about the increase in female attention? wink.gif (Although I admit, I'm more curious about how the guys feel about it.)

I think it's because back in the day RUSH was very progressive and weird to the average person. they were known for singing about science fiction and things that appeal to guys generally. in their later years however they've become a little more mainstream, less progressive and write lyrics that are more in tune with things that matter in the world, appealing more to the average person.don't know if I'm explaining this correctly but it makes perfect sense in my head... trust me!! lol

as for kids, I think that has to do with them having such a hardcore group of followers for so long and also the fact that they're such decent guys. would you take your 5 year old to motley crue? no... Rush? hell yeah, because they're like a bunch of cool uncles!! lol cool.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 5 2008, 08:45 AM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Sep 5 2008, 07:37 AM)
Here is the gender poll:  http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?showtopic=393

Interesting.

Of the 857 TRF members who took the poll, 681 are male and 176 are female.

I thought the number for us girls would be a little bit higher.

that could just be an indication that men are more willing to contribute to polls.... biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Janie @ Sep 5 2008, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (kbomb106 @ Sep 4 2008, 12:28 PM)
Someone actually did make a gender poll once.  I can't remember what subforum it was in, though.

I think the only people who would know would be Alex, Geddy and Neil. I mean, they're the ones who have looked out upon the faces of their fans for over 30 years.

It's just my own curiosity as to how many more women are Rush fans now vs. women Rush fans in the 70s. (For example)

It does seem like there are a decent number of women here though (but maybe that's because I spend a lot of time in the NWW forum!).

All I know is I don't remember more than maybe 4 or 5 women in the whole concert hall back in the 80's. I mean, every single time I went it was like a beacon in the darkness when you would see a woman. A major sausage-fest, it was back then and I'm sure in the 70's it wasn't much different. I think women are much more free thinking now and there are even some that like Rush without their boyfriend's conditioning. drool1.gif

Archived