Larry Allen?

Promark747

I knew there was more on him out there that I had seen before, but could not remember the name of the guy who's website it is on.

Here it is:

http://andrewolson.com/Neil_Peart/ssprofes...htm#Larry_Allen

BTW, Larry once threw me a stick after the show on the Roll The Bones tour. I simply asked him for a stick and he kindly went and got one for me and tossed it to me.

On the other hand, I know someone who he chased off and yelled at so there!

Guess it is how you approached him.

Edited by Earthshine

QUOTE (pm1970 @ Jul 14 2008, 12:48 PM)
wasn't he an offensive tackle for the Dallas Cowboys in the early 90's? he was considered one of the best

Yup, that's the only Larry Allen that really matters. tongue.gif Currently playing for The Greatness, if he hasn't retired that is.

QUOTE (Earthshine @ Jul 14 2008, 03:49 PM)
I think he got sacked.

Read about it here:

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...56entry402356

[/i]Post #11

Larry is in Neil's bass drum. After the T4E tour, Neil discovered that putting Larry in the bass drum provides the perfect amount of muffling.

- Doofus

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

This caused me to spew coffee.

Whatever happened to him? Did he just get a different job after the bands long hiatus years ago? Did he have a "falling out" with Neil?

There was the Ludwig kit thing, which was a huuuge deal but Larry was a flake. No he was not one of the crew members that battled with addiction. That one, has since passed away.

Larry and Neil were close friends, before Larry was on the tour. (Neil hired friends for crew members when he first started touring) Neil asked Larry to keep him company at the cottage in Quebec, after both Selena and Jackie died. Larry never showed up. That was the clincher.

Last time I saw Larry, he was working at a shoe store in St. Catharines in the mall.

• Like 2