Is anyone a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal?

subdivider79

I don't know anything about this guy, haven't seen nary a movie of his. The reason I'm asking is because he's set to play Joe Namath in a movie. Now, I'm a sports history buff and I like sports movies. Joe Namath is probably the most charismatic sports figure in American history, next to Muhammad Ali. I'm wondering if Gyllenhaal has the range to pull this off. From what I've read about Jake, he's very sullen and moody--which are fine traits for a good actor, but not if he wants to portray a good Joe Namath.

Anyone think he can do it?

2.gif

I remember he was a nice looking guy in October Sky, but now he's too skinny and lanky. His looks went out with his youth.

QUOTE (subdivider79 @ Jun 30 2008, 07:42 AM)
I don't know anything about this guy, haven't seen nary a movie of his. The reason I'm asking is because he's set to play Joe Namath in a movie. Now, I'm a sports history buff and I like sports movies. Joe Namath is probably the most charismatic sports figure in American history, next to Muhammad Ali. I'm wondering if Gyllenhaal has the range to pull this off. From what I've read about Jake, he's very sullen and moody--which are fine traits for a good actor, but not if he wants to portray a good Joe Namath.

Anyone think he can do it?

2.gif

Sorry... but ever since Brokeback Mountain, all I can think of now when I see him is, "gay cowboy."* laugh.gif

He was a cute kid in October Sky and in Day After Tomorrow but adulthood didn't do him any favors...

Kismet

*nothing wrong with gay cowboys, of course wink.gif - it's just that the guy's probably going to be typecast as such for the rest of his natural born life.

*nothing wrong with gay cowboys, of course  - it's just that the guy's probably going to be typecast as such for the rest of his natural born life.

"not that there is anything wrong with that". laugh.gif

QUOTE (OriginalFan @ Jun 30 2008, 09:43 AM)

Sorry... but ever since Brokeback Mountain, all I can think of now when I see him is, "gay cowboy."* laugh.gif

Ya he was AWESOME in that movie!

ph34r.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jun 30 2008, 09:46 AM)
*nothing wrong with gay cowboys, of course  - it's just that the guy's probably going to be typecast as such for the rest of his natural born life.

"not that there is anything wrong with that". laugh.gif

um...

laugh.gif

He was also the love interest of Jennifer Aniston in "the Good Girl."

He out shined her by far IMHO smile.gif

i love brokeback mountain. he was very believable as the "female" of the relationship in that flick. i don't think i've seen any of his other films, tho. but i do feel bad because no matter what he will be know as the "gay cowboy guy". my husband even calls the new batman film "brokeback batman" because of heath ledger laugh.gif