What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

Guest NoDeity

Phillips Amnesiac double IPA and Black Bear Ale from Kamloops Brewery.

The Amnesiac is a decent IPA. In flavour, it compares not-too-badly with HopHead from Tree Brewing. It's got a much bigger head, though, and a higher ABV (8.5%). I still prefer the HopHead for flavour (a more interesting selection of hops, I think) but the 8.5% is nice, too.

The Black Bear Ale is a departure from the IPAs I usually favour. It pours fairly dark and it tastes somewhat fruity. People who don't like strong-tasting bears like IPAs will probably like this one. At 5% and with a farily soft, pleasant flavour, it's sessionable.

Edited by NoDeity

QUOTE (NoDeity @ Apr 25 2007, 10:08 PM)
Couldn't make out the name, daveyt. Which Unibroue offering is that?

i actually had the 16th anniversary which had an interesting aftertaste of french fucky-ass cheese in it.

i'll try the terrible soon. the packaging was sweeeet but it is from the same mofos who produce la fin du monde

Guest NoDeity

Indian Rock IPA from the Cannery Brewing Company in Penticton, British Columbia. 6%, 650 ml bottle.

Nice colour. The hops blend gives it a grapefruit nose. The head dissipates quickly, leaving fine lacing. It's a little more fizzy than I like. The hops don't jump out at you on first tasting but they become more pronounced after a bit -- I like a hoppy aftertaste and this gives me that.

It's a nice IPA. Not quite up to HopHead in my estimation -- I'd like a litle more hop bitterness up front and less carbonation -- but it's better than many others I've tried.

Edited by NoDeity

QUOTE (Dread Pirate Robert @ May 6 2007, 04:26 PM)
Sam Adams Double Bock.

Truly a kickass beer, both in taste and strength.

Indeed, outstanding stuff. Good choice.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (bardan @ May 9 2007, 12:58 AM)
Dogfish Head Aprihop Ale

I also picked up a couple more Dogfish Head 120 min IPAs this evening before the Sabbath Heaven and Hell concert. trink38.gif

how was the concert?

Ron wanted to know how u enjoyed it & if u rocked out as hard as he woulda lol

hope u got to meet up with Jim while u were there.

TTYL Dan heart.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ May 9 2007, 01:09 PM)
Dogfish Head Aprihop Ale

I also picked up a couple more Dogfish Head 120 min IPAs this evening before the Sabbath Heaven and Hell concert.  trink38.gif

how was the concert?

TTYL Dan heart.gif

bekloppt.gif Hi Donna!

Well. I rocked out pretty damn hard although probably still not as hard as Ron would have. biggrin.gif I was thinking about him the whole time. I thought the concert was great! Tony Iommi is still incredible.

Ron, I wish you could have been in that seat yourself buddy but I rocked out as hard as possible in your honor.

I never did meet Jim though.

QUOTE (bardan @ May 10 2007, 01:20 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ May 9 2007, 01:09 PM)
Dogfish Head Aprihop Ale

I also picked up a couple more Dogfish Head 120 min IPAs this evening before the Sabbath Heaven and Hell concert.  trink38.gif

how was the concert?

TTYL Dan heart.gif

bekloppt.gif Hi Donna!

Well. I rocked out pretty damn hard although probably still not as hard as Ron would have. biggrin.gif I was thinking about him the whole time. I thought the concert was great! Tony Iommi is still incredible.

Ron, I wish you could have been in that seat yourself buddy but I rocked out as hard as possible in your honor.

I never did meet Jim though.

lol yeah thats what ron said bout tony also!

when he was at the show at RCMH a few weeks ago.

I was hangin with sing,tlc at the heartland and got a text from ron sayin

Tonys f*ckin awsume as usual laugh.gif

too bad bout Jim! he was right in front of U or in the seat right in back of u confused13.gif

so close lol

glad u had a blast 1022.gif