What Are We Drinking Tonight??

Midway Hawker

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 12 2006, 07:29 PM)
QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Nov 12 2006, 01:21 AM)
rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif  rofl3.gif

Tonight is some serious fun..    Jim Beam Black, Celebration Ale, Dead Guy Ale, Eye of the Hawk Ale......    And just a little Plymoth Gin....

trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif  trink38.gif

ph34r.gif

oooh! how is the Jim Beam Black? i've been anxious to try it. trink38.gif

well, it tastes like Jim Beam, but since it is aged twice as long, it's a bit smoooooother.

It's also slightly higher in alcohol content.. at 86 proof. I really like it.

trink38.gif

I just had some more of it tonight, along with a celebration ale and a Stone IPA....

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Nov 12 2006, 10:01 PM)

Tonight is some serious fun..    Jim Beam Black, Celebration Ale, Dead Guy Ale, Eye of the Hawk Ale......    And just a little Plymoth Gin....

ph34r.gif

well, it tastes like Jim Beam, but since it is aged twice as long, it's a bit smoooooother.

trink38.gif

I just had some more of it tonight, along with a celebration ale and a Stone IPA....

trink38.gif

sold! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

hey! have you tried Knob Creek?

i had some in Nashville on a whim. oh so tasty! later i found out it's a Beam thing. trink38.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 12 2006, 10:24 PM)

ph34r.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

i had some in Nashville on a whim. oh so tasty! later i found out it's a Beam thing. trink38.gif

Yes, Knob Creek is a favorite of mine also, and yes.. it's made by Jim Beam, aged 9 years... (Jim Beam Black is aged 8 years). They are very similar but Knob Creek is 100 proof so it packs a kick in the ass.

653.gif

ph34r.gif

trink38.gif

QUOTE (Midway Hawker @ Nov 13 2006, 12:43 AM)
QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 12 2006, 10:24 PM)

ph34r.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

Yes, Knob Creek is a favorite of mine also, and yes.. it's made by Jim Beam, aged 9 years... (Jim Beam Black is aged 8 years). They are very similar but Knob Creek is 100 proof so it packs a kick in the ass.

653.gif

ph34r.gif

trink38.gif

You see why he's mod of this forum, don't you? This guy know 'em all! notworthy.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Rolinda Bonz @ Nov 13 2006, 12:24 AM)

ph34r.gif

trink38.gif

trink38.gif

I bought a bottle of the Jim Beam Black this past week for my first time and thought it was pretty good. Pretty reasonable price too. The only reason I picked it up is because I was buying all my liquors based on the best holiday gift boxes. I love this time of year because you get neat little gifts with your liquor for the same price. The Beam Black gift set came with a nice 8oz stainless steel whiskey flask with a black covering with the Beam Black logo on it. I needed one of these. smile.gif

My favorite bourbons are still Woodford Reserve and Basil Haydens, which is also a Beam product.

Hey Bardan, I picked up one of those Jim Beam Black flasks also... And the best price ever.. $12.99 including the flask!!! Awesome.!! Normally, on sale it's $15.00 at its lowest...

Gotta love Long's Drugs booze...

And that Woodford Reserve is probably the best bourbon I've tried, but it's a little out of my normal price rance... sad.gif

trink38.gif

Edited by Midway Hawker

Yeah, those Miller Lites are only there for company that might not appreciate the good beers...their loss. trink38.gif

The Natty Lights have been in there since someone left them here at a pool party this summer and now I can't pay anyone to drink them. laugh.gif

After 3 months I finally tracked down some good beers...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v620/skopetski/Junk/TheBeerSnob.jpg

I got a case of the Celebration Ale & 2 bottles of the Arrogant Bastard. I haven't ever tried the others but have heard they are good so decided to try them.

The stuff is expensive here...$82 plus $26 in import fees...but I have my beers. 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif Maybe CA prices were just low? $10.99 for the celebration a 6-pack & $5+ for the other bottles.

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Nov 15 2006, 09:12 PM)

I got a case of the Celebration Ale & 2 bottles of the Arrogant Bastard. I haven't ever tried the others but have heard they are good so decided to try them.

The stuff is expensive here...$82 plus $26 in import fees...but I have my beers. 653.gif 653.gif 653.gif Maybe CA prices were just low? $10.99 for the celebration a 6-pack & $5+ for the other bottles.

that's awesome Dig!!!

where'd you find them??

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 15 2006, 09:14 PM)

The stuff is expensive here...$82 plus $26 in import fees...but I have my beers.  653.gif  653.gif  653.gif Maybe CA prices were just low?  $10.99 for the celebration a 6-pack & $5+ for the other bottles.

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

that's awesome Dig!!!

where'd you find them??

The Red Wagon Shoppe in Troy on Livonia. They have quite a large beer selection & a huge walk in humidor. It just may be my favorite store I have found since I moved here. cool.gif

Red Wagon Shoppe

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Nov 15 2006, 09:16 PM)
QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Nov 15 2006, 09:14 PM)

The stuff is expensive here...$82 plus $26 in import fees...but I have my beers.  653.gif  653.gif  653.gif Maybe CA prices were just low?  $10.99 for the celebration a 6-pack & $5+ for the other bottles.

trink39.gif  trink39.gif  trink39.gif

that's awesome Dig!!!

where'd you find them??

The Red Wagon Shoppe in Troy on Livonia. They have quite a large beer selection & a huge walk in humidor. It just may be my favorite store I have found since I moved here. cool.gif

Red Wagon Shoppe

sweet dude!!!

my Bro in law lives in troy...i'll have to ask him to get some...

they have two locations i noticed

2940 S Rochester Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48307 -

1613 Livernois, Troy, Michigan -

and the best part ...

THEY DELIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trink38.gif

wonder if they deliver to cananda?????

Nice selection you bought there DM. I happen to have all of those in my fridge right now. The Ruination IPA is wonderful. Let us know what you think about them. trink39.gif

http://www.abita.com/images/turbodog_brew_box.jpg

WooHoo!

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Nov 15 2006, 07:12 PM)

that picture almost brought me to tears..

drool1.gif

drool1.gif

Had the Stone IPA last night. It was ok, the beer was good but there too much of a juniper aftertaste my tastes. I'm curious about the Ruination IPA I have after tasting this one. I have tried IPA's before & didn't like them too much (hop devil ale being an exception) but decided to give them another try, still not a big fan of them.

I definitely like the Pale Ale's & Ale's the best.

On another thought, I'll have to pay more attention to the "order" I drink beer in. I had an AB the other night & then a Celebration Ale after it. The Celebration Ale tasted very bland; I know it isn't but the AB completely overpowered it.

(check out the name of the beer pic I posted above. I used Sunny's camera, she resized & named it & sent it to me.)