The Happening

deadwing2112

QUOTE (PassTheAmmunition @ Dec 29 2008, 02:17 PM)
I guess I'm in the minority, but the wife and I got The Happening on On Demand and it left both of us feeling used when it was over.

I thought the acting was particularly strained (Wahlberg) and the plot line was just utterly nonsense. It had its moments where it was almost like "I'm going to kick ass!" and then it just proceeded to suck.

Kind of like The Village.

You're not in the minority as most people did NOT like The Happening at all.

I do think The Village is seriously underrated though, and M. Night's 2nd best movie after The 6th Sense... eh.gif

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bumper.gif

Alright....I'd heard it sucked. I'd read all the bad reviews about the stupid dialogue, the horrendous acting, the ridiculous plot, just the sheer magnitude of it's suckosity.....but I watched it anyway...and everything I had read was true.....Having watched The Happening...I can't believe I let it happen.

QUOTE (Prince Sphinc-Tor @ Aug 15 2009, 07:30 AM)
bumper.gif

Alright....I'd heard it sucked. I'd read all the bad reviews about the stupid dialogue, the horrendous acting, the ridiculous plot, just the sheer magnitude of it's suckosity.....but I watched it anyway...and everything I had read was true.....Having watched The Happening...I can't believe I let it happen.

Yeah, I just got this movie from the local library for my wife and I. I heard it was crap too, but still wanted to watch it. I wouldn't say it completely sucked, but I'll never watch it again. It's a once and done flik.