Am I Allowed To Make One Of These Threads?

GeddysMullet

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY fellow jerseyite AND 2.gif fanatic!!

congrats on your first show! I read in another thread, it was someone else's first time, and they were told they're now ruined for seeing anyone else live, and dangit I have to agree! Tom Petty is gonna be at Blossom Music Center next Sunday...we're going, it's "her" turn to pick this year's show...eh so?

Today all the dudes at work were going on and on about Iron maiden's show tonight...yeah so? NOTHING like getting kicked in the chest with a real LIVE f*ckin (pardon me, sorry) butt pounding drum solo thanks to our favorite drummer, soaring guitar solos and unmistakable bass riffs and power vocals from you know who!! and this one guy WAS THERE this past August with me! aaaaauuuggghhh!!! traitor! I carry two pics in my workbook every day with me to remind me of what it was like... I'll share

http://i26.tinypic.com/wwi3ut.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/24xo2g5.jpg

oh and this is where SPAM comes from, spambots!!

http://i29.tinypic.com/1z6gmmf.jpg

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jun 12 2008, 04:40 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 12 2008, 04:26 PM)
It was Great to meet you last night !! Did you get some sleep  unsure.gif

Not enough! But then, is there ever enough! I haven't done anything today but laze around and be braindead. And I don't think I'm gonna!

It was great meeting you, too! How are you today?

Am Great biggrin.gif getting excited for our adventure to Pag'scon laugh.gif damn is thundering here now I better get off computer bekloppt.gif Talk later have fun in Philly !!!Cause I know yah will wink.gif

QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 13 2008, 08:49 AM)

Not enough! But then, is there ever enough! I haven't done anything today but laze around and be braindead. And I don't think I'm gonna!

Am Great biggrin.gif getting excited for our adventure to Pag'scon laugh.gif damn is thundering here now I better get off computer bekloppt.gif Talk later have fun in Philly !!!Cause I know yah will wink.gif

You're better than I am. I think I'd keep typing away even if there were a tornado just past the horizon.

Truthfully, I WANT my computer to get blowed up. That way I can get a new one.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 13 2008, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (blonde77th @ Jun 13 2008, 08:49 AM)

You're better than I am. I think I'd keep typing away even if there were a tornado just past the horizon.

Truthfully, I WANT my computer to get blowed up. That way I can get a new one.

I lost my computer 2 yrs ago when lightening struck & poof all gone & get this there was no storm confused13.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 13 2008, 10:59 AM)
QUOTE (Plus_ca_change @ Jun 12 2008, 10:04 PM)

oh and this is where SPAM comes from,  spambots!!

http://i29.tinypic.com/1z6gmmf.jpg

Yay, Crow and Servo! biggrin.gif

Who the hell are they? unsure.gif A new movie er something? I dun see too much TV these days sad.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ Jun 13 2008, 01:24 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 13 2008, 10:14 AM)

Who the hell are they?  unsure.gif  A new movie er something? I dun see too much TV these days  sad.gif

They're from the best TV show of all time! yes.gif

Mystery Science Theater 3000

DUDE!!!! That's right!!! I forgot about that show. I lived in Minnesota for two years and that is where I was introduced to the show. How did I forget that???

Diiiir? huh.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 13 2008, 01:35 PM)

Who the hell are they?  unsure.gif  A new movie er something? I dun see too much TV these days  sad.gif

DUDE!!!! That's right!!! I forgot about that show. I lived in Minnesota for two years and that is where I was introduced to the show. How did I forget that???

Diiiir? huh.gif

About 15 years ago, when I was not long out of college, I had a roommate who turned out to be this raging perv (looooong story). Fortunately he was out of town a lot, but when he was home, I used to stay up very, very, VERY late to make sure he was asleep before I dared go to bed myself.

Crow and Servo kept me company; I think they were on the Comedy Channel around 1am back then.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 13 2008, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 13 2008, 01:35 PM)

Diiiir? huh.gif

About 15 years ago, when I was not long out of college, I had a roommate who turned out to be this raging perv (looooong story). Fortunately he was out of town a lot, but when he was home, I used to stay up very, very, VERY late to make sure he was asleep before I dared go to bed myself.

Crow and Servo kept me company; I think they were on the Comedy Channel around 1am back then.

and then got switched to Sci-Fi!!

Manos the Hands of Fate AHHHHH I miss these guys. Saturday mornings either late for work, or chores around the house thanks to this crew of cut ups! Spider Island! Worms! and of course This Island Earth!

I made this pic about two years ago, for another forum that was overrun with transient users that only showed up to pepper in ads about their sites. The site is long gone, but there were these two members from MN that told a story about a class trip to the very studio where MST3K was produced. Lots of balsa wood, nails hanging out, loose carpenter's staples, a real slap together kind of way to make TV...but who'da known or cared? it simply is the best damn TV show EVER! 1022.gif yes.gif z7shysterical.gif fing.gif

If I may....

My favorite Rush jam

Red Barchetta

Inspiried by a nice morning drive, by richard s. foster

Words by neil peart, music by geddy lee and alex lifeson

My uncle has a country place, that no one knows about

He says it used to be a farm, before the motor law

And on sundays I elude the eyes and hop the turbine freight

To far outside the wire, where my white-haired uncle waits.

Jump to the ground

As the turbo slows to cross the borderline

Run like the wind,

As excitement shivers up and down my spine

Down in his barn

My uncle preserved for me, an old machine ---

For fifty-odd years

To keep it as new has been his dearest dream

I strip away the old debris, that hides a shining car

A brilliant red barchetta, from a better, vanished time

I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar

Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime...

Wind in my hair ---

Shifting and drifting ---

Mechanical music ---

Adrenalin surge ---

Well-weathered leather

Hot metal and oil

The scented country air

Sunlight on chrome

The blur of the landscape

Every nerve aware

Suddenly, ahead of me, across the mountainside

A gleaming alloy air-car shoots towards me, two lanes wide

I spin around with shrieking tires, to run the deadly race

Go screaming through the valley as another joins the chase

Drive like the wind

Straining the limits of machine and man

Laughing out loud

With fear and hope, Ive got a desperate plan

At the one-lane bridge

I leave the giants stranded

At the riverside

Race back to the farm

To dream with my uncle

At the fireside...[

QUOTE (Plus_ca_change @ Jun 14 2008, 09:48 AM)
If I may....

My favorite Rush jam

Red Barchetta

Inspiried by a nice morning drive, by richard s. foster
Words by neil peart, music by geddy lee and alex lifeson

My uncle has a country place, that no one knows about
He says it used to be a farm, before the motor law
And on sundays I elude the eyes and hop the turbine freight
To far outside the wire, where my white-haired uncle waits.

Jump to the ground
As the turbo slows to cross the borderline
Run like the wind,
As excitement shivers up and down my spine
Down in his barn
My uncle preserved for me, an old machine ---
For fifty-odd years
To keep it as new has been his dearest dream

I strip away the old debris, that hides a shining car
A brilliant red barchetta, from a better, vanished time
I fire up the willing engine, responding with a roar
Tires spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime...

Wind in my hair ---
Shifting and drifting ---
Mechanical music ---
Adrenalin surge ---

Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Suddenly, ahead of me, across the mountainside
A gleaming alloy air-car shoots towards me, two lanes wide
I spin around with shrieking tires, to run the deadly race
Go screaming through the valley as another joins the chase

Drive like the wind
Straining the limits of machine and man
Laughing out loud
With fear and hope, Ive got a desperate plan

At the one-lane bridge
I leave the giants stranded
At the riverside
Race back to the farm
To dream with my uncle
At the fireside...[

Red Barchetta was definately the highlight of the set list this year for me. I went nuts and almost wanted to cry. I thought of my sweet nephy 81 wub.gif trink39.gif

I mean really! What a song of Freedom eh!!!!! smile.gif b_sigh.gif

I know it's from Red Barchetta, but what, exactly, is it?

HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO VISITS MY THREAD bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif

I am now home after my Rockin' Rush Road Trip Adventure common001.gif 653.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif Rush in two cities, friends in three, 1800 miles in a week and MY ASS IS KICKED! I mean, I feel like I've been hit by a bus! A Rush tour bus perhaps! Seriously, I'm positively drunk and stupid with exhaustion and am living the old cliche of aches in places I didn't even know I had, but WOW. Worth it? SOOOO worth it!

I'll write up my story and post gig pictures soon in the appropriate location. Only gig pictures because I was too lame to take pictures of anything else! laugh.gif

WOOOHOOO 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif BUT RIGHT NOW, SLEEP!!!!

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jun 15 2008, 05:45 PM)

HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO VISITS MY THREAD bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif bekloppt.gif

I am now home after my Rockin' Rush Road Trip Adventure common001.gif 653.gif yes.gif yes.gif yes.gif Rush in two cities, friends in three, 1800 miles in a week and MY ASS IS KICKED! I mean, I feel like I've been hit by a bus! A Rush tour bus perhaps! Seriously, I'm positively drunk and stupid with exhaustion and am living the old cliche of aches in places I didn't even know I had, but WOW. Worth it? SOOOO worth it!

I'll write up my story and post gig pictures soon in the appropriate location. Only gig pictures because I was too lame to take pictures of anything else! laugh.gif

WOOOHOOO 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif BUT RIGHT NOW, SLEEP!!!!

Catch some zzzzzzz's lady and tell us about it when you feel rested smile.gif

alloy is another word for a synthetic or man-made metal for example I have titanium alloy in my foot as it is a metal material that is stronger than bone itself. Car parts are made of alloy metals. Alloy wheeles for example.

aircar is the feeling a fast car can give. The gliding.

gleaming, well that is a description of the condition of the 50+ year old car that his Uncle probably tried despirately for all those years to keep in as good condition as possible. It was his dream.

A beautiful, strong, fast car in as perfect condition as the day he drove it off the lot over 50 years ago.

A gleaming alloy aircar smile.gif

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 15 2008, 07:07 PM)

HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO VISITS MY THREAD  bekloppt.gif  bekloppt.gif  bekloppt.gif 

I am now home after my Rockin' Rush Road Trip Adventure  common001.gif  653.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif Rush in two cities, friends in three, 1800 miles in a week and MY ASS IS KICKED!  I mean, I feel like I've been hit by a bus!  A Rush tour bus perhaps!  Seriously, I'm positively drunk and stupid with exhaustion and am living the old cliche of aches in places I didn't even know I had, but WOW.  Worth it?  SOOOO worth it!

I'll write up my story and post gig pictures soon in the appropriate location.  Only gig pictures because I was too lame to take pictures of anything else!  laugh.gif

WOOOHOOO  2.gif  2.gif  2.gif BUT RIGHT NOW, SLEEP!!!!

alloy is another word for a synthetic or man-made metal for example I have titanium alloy in my foot as it is a metal material that is stronger than bone itself. Car parts are made of alloy metals. Alloy wheeles for example.

gleaming, well that is a description of the condition of the 50+ year old car that his Uncle probably tried despirately for all those years to keep in as good condition as possible. It was his dream.

A beautiful, strong, fast car in as perfect condition as the day he drove it off the lot over 50 years ago.

WTG GM!!!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif notworthy.gif

ahh what a trip it must've been, can't wait to read your story and see your pics

and just like Lady April said, just to add to it, they're the super troopers of the future in their 2 lane wide gleaming alloy air cars taking down the one who would defy authority! The one who would dare exercise his right to express his or herself on the open road

We discussed this in another thread too....

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?show...0entry1317643

in other words, right on sisters!

QUOTE (Plus_ca_change @ Jun 15 2008, 06:29 PM)

HELLO TO EVERYONE WHO VISITS MY THREAD  bekloppt.gif  bekloppt.gif  bekloppt.gif 

I am now home after my Rockin' Rush Road Trip Adventure  common001.gif  653.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif  yes.gif Rush in two cities, friends in three, 1800 miles in a week and MY ASS IS KICKED!  I mean, I feel like I've been hit by a bus!  A Rush tour bus perhaps!  Seriously, I'm positively drunk and stupid with exhaustion and am living the old cliche of aches in places I didn't even know I had, but WOW.  Worth it?  SOOOO worth it!

I'll write up my story and post gig pictures soon in the appropriate location.  Only gig pictures because I was too lame to take pictures of anything else!  laugh.gif

ahh what a trip it must've been, can't wait to read your story and see your pics

and just like Lady April said, just to add to it, they're the super troopers of the future in their 2 lane wide gleaming alloy air cars taking down the one who would defy authority! The one who would dare exercise his right to express his or herself on the open road

Somewhere on this board there's a link to "A Nice Morning Drive", which is the story (by Richard S. Foster) that inspired Neil to write Red Barchetta. The "gleaming alloy aircars" make a game out of smashing into smaller, lighter older vehicles.

QUOTE (Marathonist @ Jun 15 2008, 06:56 PM)
QUOTE (Plus_ca_change @ Jun 15 2008, 06:29 PM)

Somewhere on this board there's a link to "A Nice Morning Drive", which is the story (by Richard S. Foster) that inspired Neil to write Red Barchetta. The "gleaming alloy aircars" make a game out of smashing into smaller, lighter older vehicles.

I think I may have stuck it somewhere on my hard drive but i have no idea where. I have not read it yet. If anyone knows where the story is I'd love to read it.

LA <--------------------Super Dork!!!

QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 16 2008, 03:16 PM)

Somewhere on this board there's a link to "A Nice Morning Drive", which is the story (by Richard S. Foster) that inspired Neil to write Red Barchetta.  The "gleaming alloy aircars" make a game out of smashing into smaller, lighter older vehicles.

I think I may have stuck it somewhere on my hard drive but i have no idea where. I have not read it yet. If anyone knows where the story is I'd love to read it.

Here it is, love! http://members.aol.com/redbarche/ANiceMorningDrive.html 653.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jun 16 2008, 02:56 PM)
QUOTE (Lady April @ Jun 16 2008, 03:16 PM)

Somewhere on this board there's a link to "A Nice Morning Drive", which is the story (by Richard S. Foster) that inspired Neil to write Red Barchetta.  The "gleaming alloy aircars" make a game out of smashing into smaller, lighter older vehicles.

Here it is, love! http://members.aol.com/redbarche/ANiceMorningDrive.html 653.gif

SWEEEEEEET!!!!! tongue.gif Thanks ma'am. sticking it in favourites so I KNOW!!!! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 16 2008, 03:55 PM)
YAY GM has her own thread now! HAHA the egocentricity is spreading!! MUWAHAHAHAHA laugh.gif

And why shouldn't I have my own thread? Just because no one likes me enough to start one for me... wink.gif

QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jun 17 2008, 10:03 AM)
YAY GM has her own thread now!  HAHA the egocentricity is spreading!!  MUWAHAHAHAHA  laugh.gif

And why shouldn't I have my own thread? Just because no one likes me enough to start one for me... wink.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Thats not true!

I love ya enough to start one, only its just not my style.

QUOTE (Ya_Big_Tree @ Jun 17 2008, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (GeddysMullet @ Jun 17 2008, 10:03 AM)
YAY GM has her own thread now!  HAHA the egocentricity is spreading!!  MUWAHAHAHAHA  laugh.gif

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Thats not true!

I love ya enough to start one, only its just not my style.

laugh.gif

That's okay, it would be much too embarrassing if someone else started a thread about me anyway!

Meanwhile, here's Real Al and Screen Al in Philly:

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x285/geddysmullet/RushPhilly61408/DSC00421.jpg

Archived