I present my Rush audio montage

phillyflash

Hey everyone. Just for fun, I've put together a montage of different instrumental snippets of Rush songs into a long montage. The link is below if you'd like to hear it. It's about 7:30 long.

I got the idea for this awhile ago when comparing how the Far Cry and Hemispheres chords sounded together. That's where the file begins. I just started grabbing songs off the top of my head, so hopefully it flows well for you. Some parts work really well, and I'm sure if I took more time, or was better at mixing, it could really kick butt lol.

Without giving away too much before you listen, I tried to grab at least something from every studio album -- altho I didn't get any Feedback in there.

I did some songbeat experimenting toward the end, and tried to come up with as good of an ending as I could lol.

Ok, have at it...hope you like it.

rush mix.mp3 - 8.85MB

Oh

my

god

The only way I can describe that ending is orgasmic.

Fantastic job....I thought is would be a little jerky and all over the place but it seemed to flow very smoothly.

Excellent! Great song parts, and like you said some of the transitions are perfect. OMG Animate into Red Sector A was insanity!

QUOTE (rushringleader @ May 26 2008, 02:30 PM)
Excellent! Great song parts, and like you said some of the transitions are perfect. OMG Animate into Red Sector A was insanity!

Yeah, and Face Up into YYZ was also pretty cool. Nice natural transition. biggrin.gif

That was an amazing 2.gif mix! yes.gif Great job!

Usually I'm skeptical about stuff like this, but

THIS

IS

AWESOME yes.gif Great job. The ending in particular rocks out!

QUOTE (phillyflash @ May 27 2008, 10:50 AM)
thanks, everyone. so glad you like it! it was a lot of work, but a lot of fun, too.

The result is an excellent and well crafted mix whereby each and every song flowed effortlessly and blended well into each other. The ending was nothing short of amazing and I compliment you on a job well done yes.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

oh laugh.gif Btw, Welcome to TRF and I hope to hear more of your next mix. trink39.gif

DL'ing it now.

Did you check out the excellent montage Pags made?

Grand Designs into Tom Sawyer into Cygnus X-1

BRILLIANT!!! trink39.gif

Mal Nar into Trees sounded awesome as well.

then Show Don't Tell into Lock and Key was EPIC!!!!!

Very Awesome Job new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived