My local radio contest.....

slammz

Ok, here is some background. My local radio station (thewolfrocks.com) has a 2.gif contest called Snakes on a Stage. They are drawing for two stage side seats as well as meet and greet passes. You have to name three Rush tunes they play in a montage to win a chance at these great prizes.

I was listening to radio in the morning and heard about this contest. I missed calling in the first time I heard all the callers getting the songs wrong. I was thinking "man, I would kick some ass at this" Fast forward to the afternoon. I was driving the shop truck running an errand when I turn to that station. I hear "I'll play the Rush montage - NOW" I grab my cell phone, dial the number as I am driving a standard in heavy traffic. I get a ring tone, my heart is racing and I am sweating like a pig..........7 rings in the DJ answers "Hello The Wolf" and I asked if there had been a winner for the Rush contest yet, and he said no there hasn't. Do you know what the songs are? He played "Limelight - Tom Sawyer - Closer To The Heart" I nail the two songs right off the hop but when it came to the third one.....I froze. I was thinking "oh shit Im gonna lose this thing" and then it came back to me. Then he says " you know what dude?" I was like whats up? Then he is like you got it man you won an entry into the draw! Then he says hold on the line and my phone cuts out and I lose the call. I started freaking out because I thought that I had lost my only chance at this. He plays me on the radio and I call him back. He answers and I tell him I had just phoned about the Rush contest and had guessed the songs right and he daid of course let me get some more info. So I give him my details and I have to listen in on May 20th between 7 and 8am to see if I am a winner. I cant wait for May 20th to come along (as well as the 25th!!) I am so pumped about this possible chance of meeting Alex and Geddy (The Dj also said Neil but I know about his dislike of these events) and watching Rush from side stage!!! Stay tuned!! 2.gif

QUOTE (slammz @ May 9 2008, 10:35 PM)
Ok, here is some background. My local radio station (thewolfrocks.com) has a 2.gif contest called Snakes on a Stage. They are drawing for two stage side seats as well as meet and greet passes. You have to name three Rush tunes they play in a montage to win a chance at these great prizes.

I was listening to radio in the morning and heard about this contest. I missed calling in the first time I heard all the callers getting the songs wrong. I was thinking "man, I would kick some ass at this" Fast forward to the afternoon. I was driving the shop truck running an errand when I turn to that station. I hear "I'll play the Rush montage - NOW" I grab my cell phone, dial the number as I am driving a standard in heavy traffic. I get a ring tone, my heart is racing and I am sweating like a pig..........7 rings in the DJ answers "Hello The Wolf" and I asked if there had been a winner for the Rush contest yet, and he said no there hasn't. Do you know what the songs are? He played "Limelight - Tom Sawyer - Closer To The Heart" I nail the two songs right off the hop but when it came to the third one.....I froze. I was thinking "oh shit Im gonna lose this thing" and then it came back to me. Then he says " you know what dude?" I was like whats up? Then he is like you got it man you won an entry into the draw! Then he says hold on the line and my phone cuts out and I lose the call. I started freaking out because I thought that I had lost my only chance at this. He plays me on the radio and I call him back. He answers and I tell him I had just phoned about the Rush contest and had guessed the songs right and he daid of course let me get some more info. So I give him my details and I have to listen in on May 20th between 7 and 8am to see if I am a winner. I cant wait for May 20th to come along (as well as the 25th!!) I am so pumped about this possible chance of meeting Alex and Geddy (The Dj also said Neil but I know about his dislike of these events) and watching Rush from side stage!!! Stay tuned!! 2.gif

That's awesome dude! I hope the media outlets around here will offer that contest!!! 1022.gif

smile.gif That's awesome news and good luck- I hope that you end up a winner. 2.gif trink39.gif

Good luck!! I hope you win the drawing and get to sit on the stage! Are there two different drawings (one to sit on stage, the other for M&G passes)? Anyway, good luck to you. smile.gif

Thanks everyone! The drawing is for both prizes - seats and passes! This is my first Rush show (May 25th) so what a great way to see the boys in action!! Fingers are crossed!

I am a pretty huge Rush fan! I own all the discs, most of the DVD's, two vinyl (PW and GUP)as well as a hat from RTB and a shirt from PW 1980 tour that were bought off ebay. My drums I play are also similar to the series of Tama's NeilFinal.gif used to play in the 80's right down to the colour! (4 piece mind you lol!)

good luck trink39.gif

laugh.gif

Good story!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (edgyspice @ May 10 2008, 11:59 AM)
Good luck! Man, I would have died if my phone had dropped the call like that... laugh.gif

I would've THROWN my phone. . .have done so a number of times. Nokias are a lot sturdier than Motorolas.

Archived