If It's No' Scottish, It's Crap!

Fridge

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who would you say is the most renound musical artists of alltime in Scottland ? Give me a short list please.

Hey Fridgey! (Paul)

bekloppt.gif

Ok I'm going to forumulate some questions as a go, so bear with me...

1. Do you think Scotland will ever gain independence from the UK? And what do you think will be the long and short term results if it happens? And what do you think of Alex Salmond?

2. Was the 1978 world cup match with Holland the best Scottish football match you've seen?? And were you gutted? or do you hate football?? (I enjoyed the game myself and was a bit gutted for them).

3. What do you think of Sean Connery, Alex Ferguson and Billy Connolly??

4. Who are the most annoying Scottish celebs??

5. Have you ever seen a ghost up there??

6. Do you follow the career of Scottish tennis player Andy Murray? (I do and support him the same way I did Henman ie I watch on TV or follow results etc - obviously I'm a tennis fan and have been since like 1975).

7. Are you a fan of John Sessions, and do you like Stella Street, I loved this show??

8. What do you think of the scottish fighters Alex Arthur and Scott Harrison, Scott who has been in court more times than Rumpole of the Bailey!! laugh.gif

9. Is there anything about England that you're jealous of??

10. Is there anything about Wales or Ireland that you're jealous of??

11. What do you think of KT Tunstall? I hate her music but I've developed a half-kinky crush on her lately??

12. Can you tell us all a spooky Scottish tale in a voice like that DOOOOOM guy out of Dad's Army?? And don't just type NO! or words to that effect.

13. Are there any strange goings on and cults particular to Scotland that you know of? Is there a real wicker man cult????

14. What do you think of Mel Gibson as a Scot?? Should he get drunk more??

15. Do you like Ian St John?? laugh.gif

That'll do for now mate...

wink.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 22 2008, 06:10 PM)
I'll take that as a "We won't finish ahead of England" then.

laugh.gif

Maybe we could loan Shaun Edwards out to help you lot.

It'll take more than that, though he would be a big help yes.gif sad.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2008, 06:14 PM)
Who would you say is the most renound musical artists of alltime in Scottland ? Give me a short list please.

Hmmm, toughie this...

There have been some great bands come out of our little corner of the world

Here are some (in no particular order)

Nazareth

Simple Minds

The Skids/Big Country

Fish (had to say this for Jaye)

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band

Gerry Rafferty

G.U.N.

Rod Stewart

The Proclaimers

Runrig 062802puke_prv.gif

AC/DC (technically)

The Average White Band

Aztec Camera

Belle and Sebastian

The Exploited

The Fratellis

Hue and Cry

Mark Knopfler

Primal Scream

The Proclaimers

Franz Ferdinand

Shirley Manson (of Garbage)

Travis

The waterboys

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 22 2008, 06:18 PM)
Hey Fridgey! (Paul)

bekloppt.gif

1. Do you think Scotland will ever gain independence from the UK? And what do you think will be the long and short term results if it happens? And what do you think of Alex Salmond?

2. Was the 1978 world cup match with Holland the best Scottish football match you've seen?? And were you gutted? or do you hate football?? (I enjoyed the game myself and was a bit gutted for them).

6. Do you follow the career of Scottish tennis player Andy Murray? (I do and support him the same way I did Henman ie I watch on TV or follow results etc - obviously I'm a tennis fan and have been since like 1975).

7. Are you a fan of John Sessions, and do you like Stella Street, I loved this show??

8. What do you think of the scottish fighters Alex Arthur and Scott Harrison, Scott who has been in court more times than Rumpole of the Bailey!! laugh.gif

11. What do you think of KT Tunstall? I hate her music but I've developed a half-kinky crush on her lately??

12. Can you tell us all a spooky Scottish tale in a voice like that DOOOOOM guy out of Dad's Army?? And don't just type NO! or words to that effect.

13. Are there any strange goings on and cults particular to Scotland that you know of? Is there a real wicker man cult????

15. Do you like Ian St John?? laugh.gif

wink.gif

1022.gif f*ckin' hell

Do you want a book or what? laugh.gif

Ok, I'll give it a go:

1.I think it's a possibility in the medium to long term yes.gif

I think that ultimately we could do rather well for ourselves as a small country with plentiful natural resources in Europe. It sems to have benefitted Eire anyway. In the short term it would be difficult, as a lot of infrastructure which we take for granted now would have to be built from scratch-it's do-able though.

As for Alex salmond, I think he is a consummate politician and has run rings round his opponents. I happen to live in his constituency and he is a superb local MP. Whether his policies are right for an independent Scotland remains to be seen, but I think he should be given a chance.

2. Gutted beyond belief. It was a truly amazing match and one that will live on in folklore if only for THAT goal by Archie Gemmil. Strangely enough, that was the one tournament I thought we could have done quite well in as we certainly had the players then...unlike now sad.gif

3. Sean Connery is a whinging tosser who opens his trap about independence for Scotland but chooses to live elsewhere for tax reasons. Put your money where your mouth is, Sean!

Alex Ferguson, though not the most personable of characters is a winner through and through. Possibly the greatest British manager in modern times, I just wish he could do something for the national team, but not even he could make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Billy Connolly was possibly the funniest man in the world in his heyday. Razor sharp, wickedly accurate observational humour. He's gone a bit wanky now though.

4.Oh, let me think...Paul Coia (remember him?)..have to get back to you about more though.

5. sarcasm.gif

6.Not really, though I obviously want him to do well. I like tennis, but don't follow it fanatically.

7.Yes and yes. Hilarious.

8.Pretty indifferent to be honest. Harrison is really just a ned who happened to have a gift.

9.Errmmm.....uhhh......weeellll..... eyesre4.gif

10. Wales have got more sheep per head of poulation than us. Ireland are independent of England.

11.I don't HATE her music (needs more metal 1022.gif ) but I don't really like it. She is pretty fit though I would agree.

12.Yes I could wink.gif

13. laugh.gif No wickermen, but The Brethren do have a stronghold in Aberdeenshire as do the Wee Free Kirk. They don't harm anybody but they are rather odd.

14. An Aussie/American should NEVER attempt a Scottish accent no.gif . He definitely needs to drink more, yes wink.gif

15.Err......no comment no.gif . wasn't he just Greavsies bitch?

Whew! I'm off to lie down in a darkened room trink38.gif

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/ashoswald/scot1.png

1287.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Apr 22 2008, 06:28 PM)
Hey Fridge...How do you prepare Haggis, and do you like to eat it?

I have actually used this recipe, though I usually buy it from my butcher:

1 sheep's lung (illegal in the U.S.; may be omitted if not available)

1 sheep's stomach

1 sheep heart

1 sheep liver

1/2 lb fresh suet (kidney leaf fat is preferred)

3/4 cup oatmeal (the ground type, NOT the Quaker Oats type!)

3 onions, finely chopped

1 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper

1/2 teaspoon cayenne

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

3/4 cup stock

Wash lungs and stomach well, rub with salt and rinse. Remove membranes and excess fat. Soak in cold salted water for several hours. Turn stomach inside out for stuffing.

Cover heart and liver with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Chop heart and coarsely grate liver. Toast oatmeal in a skillet on top of the stove, stirring frequently, until golden. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Loosely pack mixture into stomach, about two-thirds full. Remember, oatmeal expands in cooking.

Press any air out of stomach and truss securely. Put into boiling water to cover. Simmer for 3 hours, uncovered, adding more water as needed to maintain water level. Prick stomach several times with a sharp needle when it begins to swell; this keeps the bag from bursting. Place on a hot platter, removing trussing strings. Serve with a spoon. Ceremoniously served with "neeps, tatties and nips" -- mashed turnips, mashed potatoes, nips of whisky.

Food of the gods trink38.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (Slacker @ Apr 22 2008, 06:42 PM)
Would you happen to play the bagpipes?

As I've mentioned before, the definition of a Scottish gentleman is someone who can play the bagpipes....but doesn't no.gif

Seriously though, I love the pipes and if played well, they send a shiver up your spine. No matter where I m in the world, I hear bagpipe music and I'm instantly transported home. it's hard to explain to non Scots, there's just something about them that stirs the blood...

I can barely hold a tune with them, but the other guitarist in my band is pretty good.

Hey Fridge, I heard that the real reason Scots wear kilts is because sheep can hear a zipper a mile away. Any truth to this theory?

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 01:11 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 22 2008, 06:18 PM)
Hey Fridgey! (Paul)

bekloppt.gif

6. Do you follow the career of Scottish tennis player Andy Murray? (I do and support him the same way I did  Henman ie I watch on TV or follow results etc - obviously I'm a tennis fan and have been since like 1975).

8. What do you think of the scottish fighters Alex Arthur and Scott Harrison, Scott who has been in court more times than Rumpole of the Bailey!!  laugh.gif

11. What do you think of KT Tunstall? I hate her music but I've developed a  half-kinky crush on her lately??

15. Do you like Ian St John??  laugh.gif

wink.gif

1022.gif f*ckin' hell

Do you want a book or what? laugh.gif

Ok, I'll give it a go:

1.I think it's a possibility in the medium to long term yes.gif

I think that ultimately we could do rather well for ourselves as a small country with plentiful natural resources in Europe. It sems to have benefitted Eire anyway. In the short term it would be difficult, as a lot of infrastructure which we take for granted now would have to be built from scratch-it's do-able though.

As for Alex salmond, I think he is a consummate politician and has run rings round his opponents. I happen to live in his constituency and he is a superb local MP. Whether his policies are right for an independent Scotland remains to be seen, but I think he should be given a chance.

2. Gutted beyond belief. It was a truly amazing match and one that will live on in folklore if only for THAT goal by Archie Gemmil. Strangely enough, that was the one tournament I thought we could have done quite well in as we certainly had the players then...unlike now sad.gif

3. Sean Connery is a whinging tosser who opens his trap about independence for Scotland but chooses to live elsewhere for tax reasons. Put your money where your mouth is, Sean!

Alex Ferguson, though not the most personable of characters is a winner through and through. Possibly the greatest British manager in modern times, I just wish he could do something for the national team, but not even he could make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Billy Connolly was possibly the funniest man in the world in his heyday. Razor sharp, wickedly accurate observational humour. He's gone a bit wanky now though.

4.Oh, let me think...Paul Coia (remember him?)..have to get back to you about more though.

5. sarcasm.gif

6.Not really, though I obviously want him to do well. I like tennis, but don't follow it fanatically.

7.Yes and yes. Hilarious.

8.Pretty indifferent to be honest. Harrison is really just a ned who happened to have a gift.

9.Errmmm.....uhhh......weeellll..... eyesre4.gif

10. Wales have got more sheep per head of poulation than us. Ireland are independent of England.

11.I don't HATE her music (needs more metal 1022.gif ) but I don't really like it. She is pretty fit though I would agree.

12.Yes I could wink.gif

13. laugh.gif No wickermen, but The Brethren do have a stronghold in Aberdeenshire as do the Wee Free Kirk. They don't harm anybody but they are rather odd.

14. An Aussie/American should NEVER attempt a Scottish accent no.gif . He definitely needs to drink more, yes wink.gif

15.Err......no comment no.gif . wasn't he just Greavsies bitch?

Whew! I'm off to lie down in a darkened room trink38.gif

I forgot all about Paul Coia, yes I have to agree, what a tw**!! The Scottish Richard Madeley laugh.gif

Oh yeah I meant to ask you about Neds, and have you heard of The Wee Man? This guy and Neds in general make me want to become a nazi exterminator and run up there and wipe them all out as quickly as possible!!

You'll have to tell us more about the Brethren I've not heard anything about them...

Yes KT is daft somehow but I do want to shag her... yes.gif

And yes "The Saint" was indeed greavie's bitch! laugh.gif

Stella street ruled!!

notworthy.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Apr 22 2008, 07:25 PM)
Hey Fridge, I heard that the real reason Scots wear kilts is because sheep can hear a zipper a mile away. Any truth to this theory?

It's so we can keep the wool dry when we're shagging them sarcasm.gif

Next question

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 21 2008, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (condemned2bfree @ Apr 21 2008, 09:12 AM)
Is this man the greatest Scottish philosopher of modern times?

http://pHosted.com/0804/rab%20c%20nesbitt.jpg

There a lot many of us could learn from rabs unique take on life yes.gif

However, he is a Weedgie which is pretty unforgiveable angry.gif

Rab c nesbitt is one of my favourite comedies ever. There should be a new series - 9 coming out shortly. smile.gif

Gregory fisher is one of the finest actors (for the part of rab anyway) I have ever seen. Excellent script too, pathos humour, wise words from Rab..... the lot. Loads of people say they don't understand the accent laugh.gif They need their nappers looking at!

Oh... wern't Teenage fanclub (the band) from Scotland too?

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 06:50 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Apr 22 2008, 06:14 PM)

Fish (had to say this for Jaye)

Yes!! bncegrn.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif tongue.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 07:34 PM)

Next question

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Sheep2.jpg

wink.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 06:34 PM)

Next question

The joke about why Welsh farmers wear big wellies, does that apply to Scottish farmers aswell?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 22 2008, 07:31 PM)
I forgot all about Paul Coia, yes I have to agree, what a tw**!! The Scottish Richard Madeley laugh.gif

Oh yeah I meant to ask you about Neds, and have you heard of The Wee Man? This guy and Neds in general make me want to become a nazi exterminator and run up there and wipe them all out as quickly as possible!!

You'll have to tell us more about the Brethren I've not heard anything about them...

Yes KT is daft somehow but I do want to shag her... yes.gif

And yes "The Saint" was indeed greavie's bitch! laugh.gif

Stella street ruled!!

notworthy.gif

The Wee man is crap because he hasn't really nailed the accent properly no.gif

You want to see this happen to them?

The Brethren are basically an offshoot of The Plymouth Brethren. Just a very dour, joyless, calvinist kind of religious idicy...still they don't hurt anyone else.

QUOTE (Jaye @ Apr 22 2008, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 07:34 PM)

Next question

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/Jett_Moonwing/Sheep2.jpg

wink.gif

Yup

And my Skean Dhu is always ready if the buggers get too close yes.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 22 2008, 07:39 PM)

Next question

The joke about why Welsh farmers wear big wellies, does that apply to Scottish farmers aswell?

Absolutely laugh.gif

But they must be green yes.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Apr 22 2008, 06:52 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Apr 22 2008, 07:39 PM)

Next question

Absolutely laugh.gif

But they must be green yes.gif

z7shysterical.gif If you can't laugh at yourself...

I don't think there's a colour pregerence in Wales. Aslong as they're big enough, that'll do.

Archived