Official Porcupine Tree Thread

Rush!

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 16 2009, 01:41 PM)
Alright, guys. Come on, now. I check the PT website every day, and still no new dates. More specifically, no new dates that include D/FW. I've been a good girl, and I've been telling everyone I know to listen to Porcupine Tree. What does it take? sad.gif

A letter to Santa Wilson? confused13.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Dec 16 2009, 12:08 PM)
Alright, guys. Come on, now. I check the PT website every day, and still no new dates. More specifically, no new dates that include D/FW. I've been a good girl, and I've been telling everyone I know to listen to Porcupine Tree. What does it take?  sad.gif

Screw a letter! I'd rather sit on his lap and whisper it in his ear myself. wub.gif

I'm losing hope that there will be more U.S. dates. What, with the economy being so crappy and sales of The Incident not being all that overwhelming, it might not happen. I'm bummed. sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 16 2009, 02:29 PM)
Alright, guys. Come on, now. I check the PT website every day, and still no new dates. More specifically, no new dates that include D/FW. I've been a good girl, and I've been telling everyone I know to listen to Porcupine Tree. What does it take?  sad.gif

Screw a letter! I'd rather sit on his lap and whisper it in his ear myself. wub.gif

I'm losing hope that there will be more U.S. dates. What, with the economy being so crappy and sales of The Incident not being all that overwhelming, it might not happen. I'm bummed. sad.gif

have they ever played texas?

I still say you should go check out the FTM show in December! tongue.gif

edit- and if really feel like going for it ,check out the BTBAM/Cynic/Scale the Summit show on January 12 Dallas, TX The Prophet Bar

Edited by tangy

QUOTE (tangy @ Dec 16 2009, 01:34 PM)

edit- and if really feel like going for it ,check out the BTBAM/Cynic/Scale the Summit show on January 12 Dallas, TX The Prophet Bar

They played House of Blues in Dallas for the FOABP tour. I had to pass on going because my freakin' internet bill was due. If I had known then what I know now, I wouldn't have paid the damn thing.

Still bummed. sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 16 2009, 02:49 PM)

They played House of Blues in Dallas for the FOABP tour. I had to pass on going because my freakin' internet bill was due. If I had known then what I know now, I wouldn't have paid the damn thing.

Still bummed. sad.gif

Well my guess is they will be back eventually. Hang in there the drought will end eventually.

sometimes you just can't win. I am a Ozric Tentacles fan who rarely saw them because they were from england. I move away from Colorado and ozric tentacles relocates to colorado and now gigs out there more than any other place! doh.gif rage.gif

QUOTE (tangy @ Dec 16 2009, 01:55 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 16 2009, 02:49 PM)

Still bummed. sad.gif

Well my guess is they will be back eventually. Hang in there the drought will end eventually.

sometimes you just can't win. I am a Ozric Tentacles fan who rarely saw them because they were from england. I move away from Colorado and ozric tentacles relocates to colorado and now gigs out there more than any other place! doh.gif rage.gif

laugh.gif Crap!

Poor Tangy. sad.gif

Can you imagine the happy dance I'll do if PT announces a Dallas date?

Is anyone else a ROABP member? If you are a member then you should have received this email.

"Firstly we would like to thank all of you for helping to make The Incident (album and tour) one of our most successful ever.

Secondly, we're writing to inform you that the way ROABP operates is changing - instead of running for a calendar year this membership will cover the life-cycle of the album. This means that everyone who is currently a member will stay a member while ticketing for The Incident tour continues. New members are welcome to join at any point but membership will only cover this tour.

We hope to announce new dates in January and to have all our allocated tickets available here for you at that time.

In the meantime we have added the remains of the tour merchandise to the PT shop.

And now we have something exclusive for ROABP members...

Your chance to win a signed copy of The Incident Deluxe Edition!

All you have to do is name as many film or literary references in Porcupine Tree song titles as you can. These must be from official releases only.

The winner will be the person who comes up with the most correct references - in the event of a draw the winner will be chosen at random from the top scoring entries. The closing date for this exclusive competition is Monday, 11th January at noon (UK time).

Click here to enter the competition.

Full Terms and Conditions for the competition are here.

Thank you once again for your support. We hope you enjoy your festive season and that the competition keeps you occupied!"

Well, I'm not winning that contest. I don't recongnize any literary references. Knowing Wilson, I'm sure they're fairly obscure references. Or, I need to diversify my reading material, too.

Without blowing your chances and giving answers away, has anyone found any? Just curious if I'm the only dimwit.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 22 2009, 03:38 PM)
Well, I'm not winning that contest. I don't recongnize any literary references. Knowing Wilson, I'm sure they're fairly obscure references. Or, I need to diversify my reading material, too.

Without blowing your chances and giving answers away, has anyone found any? Just curious if I'm the only dimwit.

Sullysue,

One song on the "Stupid Dream" album is named after an Italian filmmaker.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Dec 23 2009, 08:41 PM)
If anyone's interested there's a small interview with Steve in the Jan '10 issue of Guitar Player, Tony Iommi on cover.  Aye  trink38.gif

Thanks Steevo. I'm going to take a look.

Edited by BB&B

QUOTE (BB&B @ Dec 24 2009, 07:34 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 22 2009, 03:38 PM)

Sullysue,

One song on the "Stupid Dream" album is named after an Italian filmmaker.

QUOTE (Steevo @ Dec 23 2009, 08:41 PM)
If anyone's interested there's a small interview with Steve in the Jan '10 issue of Guitar Player, Tony Iommi on cover.  Aye  trink38.gif

Thanks Steevo. I'm going to take a look.

Yeah, I figured that one. But, I don't see any literary references. confused13.gif

I've Googled the song titles trying to find some kind of hint, and all that comes up are the damn songs themselves. arg.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 24 2009, 10:06 AM)
Yeah, I figured that one. But, I don't see any literary references.  confused13.gif

I've Googled the song titles trying to find some kind of hint, and all that comes up are the damn songs themselves. arg.

Bret Easton Ellis wrote Lunar Park. PT used the book's themes extensively throughout FOABP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Park

By the way, Bret Easton Ellis also wrote "American Psycho". A movie was later made from his novel starring Christian Bale. I'm sure 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 knew that.

Edited by BB&B

QUOTE (BB&B @ Dec 24 2009, 10:21 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 24 2009, 10:06 AM)
Yeah, I figured that one. But, I don't see any literary references.  confused13.gif

Bret Easton Ellis wrote Lunar Park. PT used the book's themes extensively throughout FOABP.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lunar_Park

By the way, Bret Easton Ellis also wrote "American Psycho". A movie was later made from his novel starring Christian Bale. I'm sure 1-0-0-1-0-0-1 knew that.

omg. I knew that. I'm just not thinking hard enough. Didn't know he wrote American Psycho, though.

Don't give me any more hints. I'm going to try to figure this out myself.

but, if i start tearing my hair out, you'll be hearing from me.... laugh.gif

PT announced that they've scheduled an "evening with" performance at the Royal Albert Hall on Oct. 14, 2010 and is planning to schedule the same for the U.S. to close The Incident tour cycle.

While they consider where the U.S. show should be, might I suggest The Majestic Theatre in Dallas? It's a beautiful venue with an amazing history. Just in case, you know, someone might have the connections to pass this on to them. (Am I diluted, or what? laugh.gif ) Anyway, here's a link. It would be a great place to see Porcupine Tree in an intimate setting.

http://www.liveatthemajestic.com/gallery.shtm

hey, a girl can dream, can't she? wink.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 25 2009, 08:05 PM)
PT announced that they've scheduled an "evening with" performance at the Royal Albert Hall on Oct. 14, 2010 and is planning to schedule the same for the U.S. to close The Incident tour cycle.

While they consider where the U.S. show should be, might I suggest The Majestic Theatre in Dallas? It's a beautiful venue with an amazing history. Just in case, you know, someone might have the connections to pass this on to them. (Am I diluted, or what? laugh.gif ) Anyway, here's a link. It would be a great place to see Porcupine Tree in an intimate setting.

hey, a girl can dream, can't she? wink.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

Maybe the Majestic in San Antonio, too tongue.gif I like the way you're dreaming right now! On a different note, i just got On the Sunday of Life with some downloads that were an accidental byproduct of a Christmas gift.

QUOTE (Territorial_Game @ Dec 25 2009, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Dec 25 2009, 08:05 PM)

While they consider where the U.S. show should be, might I suggest The Majestic Theatre in Dallas? It's a beautiful venue with an amazing history. Just in case, you know, someone might have the connections to pass this on to them. (Am I diluted, or what?  laugh.gif ) Anyway, here's a link. It would be a great place to see Porcupine Tree in an intimate setting.

hey, a girl can dream, can't she?  wink.gif

goodpost.gif goodpost.gif goodpost.gif

Maybe the Majestic in San Antonio, too tongue.gif I like the way you're dreaming right now! On a different note, i just got On the Sunday of Life with some downloads that were an accidental byproduct of a Christmas gift.

Cool on your getting On the Sunday of Life. Not a bad effort for one dude, ya' know?

Now, as far as trying to get them to San Antonio... sarcasm.gif

There is also the prospect of having them play at the Bass Hall in Fort Worth. World class acoustics and a larger capacity than The Majestic. Not much history with the Bass Hall, since it's relatively new, but a great place to have a concert on this level, nonetheless. (I had the immense honor of seeing George Carlin at the Bass Hall in one of his last performances just months before he passed away.)

http://www.basshall.com/

for what it's worth to whomever, I would prefer The Majestic. In Dallas. The Majestic in Dallas. smile.gif

ROABP e-mail:

"Royal Albert Hall concert update

ROABP would like to apologise for any confusion caused by the announcement of tickets for the Porcupine Tree concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

The band's management were initially informed that the concert would be announced in January and that tickets would go on sale early in 2010 (between mid January- mid February).

For reasons entirely beyond the band's control, this special concert was publicised much earlier than expected and ticket sales were subsequently scheduled to be sold from the 29th of December onwards.

This meant that ROABP and the band were forced to announce the sale of their allocation of tickets much sooner than intended. In doing so it was discovered that the 'Arena' tickets were being sold as 'Seated' when the band had asked for them to be 'Standing'.

It also meant that there was no time to work out VIP packages as originally had been planned. Consequently, the idea of a VIP package was dropped.

While we attempt to clarify the situation, we have removed the remaining tickets from sale, though the Royal Albert Hall and other ticket agencies have continued to sell their share of tickets.

If you joined the Residents of a Blank Planet service over the last few days in anticipation of a VIP package, please contact support@burningshed.com to ask for a refund.

Apologies again for the confusion - we will update you as soon as we have more information."