On the Posting of Spoilers

The Owl

Okay, Everybody we're close enough to the new leg now that we're going to start actually having some actual legitimate spoilers regarding the 2008 leg of the Snakes & Arrows tour. As many do not wish to be spoiled on Setlists, Lighting Setups, Guitars Used...etc we need to be curtious of everyone. So here are a few guidelines that can be taken regarding spoilers

1. GIVE WARNINGS

- Preferable in the Title in the thread. Putting the word SPOILER in the title of the thread will keep out those who do not wish to be spoiled. (Spoiler warnings in the sub-title of the thread will also suffice)

- If a Spoiler is contained within a post, and there is no spoiler warning in the title of your thread, or the spoiler you are posting is diffrent from the one being discussed than the thread topic, it is best to use the Jack Aubrey method....Highlighted Spoilers. Give a warning before you post a spoiler then proceed to type your spoiler in a Yellow Text. Yellow text blends in nicley with the beige background of TRF (If you are using the Default or Classic skins, sorry to the blue skin users biggrin.gif ) and is hard to read normally, this means you would have to highlight the message to read it properly. Here is an example.

-----Spoiler Below, Highlight to read----

Those who spoil without warnings will be subject to repeated listenings to Europe's "The Final Countdown".........

- Give Warnings for Spoilers Contined within Pictures and Videos that are posted.

2. A Few Donts

- Don't post spoilers in the titles of the thread. Even though the "Snakes & Arrows 07-08 World Tour" is a "Spoiler Forum". Having a thread titled "I can't believe they played..so and so" would not be a good idea. Thread titles are visible from the main page and are going to be visible to those who do not wish to visit the tour forum to avoid spoilers.

- Avoid posting spoilers elsewhere around the board, in your posts. Or in the "A show of Fans" threads. If for some reason a spoiler is relevant to the topic being discussed in other forums/threads please use the highliting method as described above, but it just might be a good idea not to do it at all

-Please do not include spoilers in your signature (Yes, we had this happen a couple of times during the 07' leg)

Let's save the Mods, and Admins a few headaches by being curtious to eachother. And if anyone can think of any other methods to avoid spoilers please share.

Don't get me wrong. I have full intention of spoiling myself come day 1, as My show insn't until the end of June (St. Louis), so I will not be trying to avoid anything....but that's just me. Some people will go to great legnths from being spoiled, even as going as far as avoiding TRF entirely until their prospective shows, and they really should not have to.

QUOTE (abc @ Apr 1 2008, 10:51 AM)
I love people that think they are in charge.

Did I say that I was in charge? You were not around here last spring and summer. The spoiler situtaion got really bad at times. I am in no way trying to set down any law, I am merely repeating what the mods, and admins were trying to press on last summer. I am merely organizing it into a thread.

By all means if a mod/admin wants to create an "official spoiler policy" thread. Then feel free to ignore my thread. I don't feel I'm overstepping my bounds by creating this thread, and mods/admins If you feel I am overstepping my bounds, the I am sorry, because overstepping bounds is certantly not my intent in creating this thread.

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2008, 10:03 AM)

Did I say that I was in charge? You were not around here last spring and summer. The spoiler situtaion got really bad at times. I am in no way trying to set down any law, I am merely repeating what the mods, and admins were trying to press on last summer. I am merely organizing it into a thread.

By all means if a mod/admin wants to create an "official spoiler policy" thread. Then feel free to ignore my thread. I don't feel I'm overstepping my bounds by creating this thread, and mods/admins If you feel I am overstepping my bounds, the I am sorry, because overstepping bounds is certantly not my intent in creating this thread.

How dare you make reasonable suggestions about an issue such as this.

You are acting like this is a discussion board. From now on, only the Admins and Mods will tell us what we can post. unsure.gif

bolt.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2008, 01:03 PM)

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Why.... why you're nutin' but... but... but a Line Overstepper! angry.gif

QUOTE (The Owl @ Apr 1 2008, 12:03 PM)

Why do people always jump on others? The only thing done in this thread was stating a few standard spoiler procedures use on many boards. I don't think anyone have overstepped there bounds here.

I'm going to the very last show of this leg so avoiding spoilers will be tough. It blows my mind that people can be so dumb as to include the actual spoiler in the thread title but they also include "SPOILER". That's like making a gun with a safety mechanism that engages after the gun is fired. fing.gif Hello?!

Everyone, please be considerate to others who have not yet seen the show and wish to remain spoiler free.

QUOTE (abc @ Apr 1 2008, 11:51 AM)

Give the guy a break. He's just making friendly suggestions. The mods have already expressed the same rules for posting spoilers but many ignore them. I just hope that there are harsher penalties for violators this time. If it were up to me (and thank your lucky stars it's not) the first offense would be a one month ban and the second would be a permanent ban.

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 1 2008, 10:37 AM)

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Maybe a new member title for The Owl??? Line Overstepper, I like the way that sounds...

Pags - love the new avatar...interesting monsters...

QUOTE (jkt2112 @ Apr 1 2008, 03:32 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 1 2008, 10:37 AM)

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Maybe a new member title for The Owl??? Line Overstepper, I like the way that sounds...

Pags - love the new avatar...interesting monsters...

Watch Out Pags!!!!

I'm looking to usurp you from your mod spot!!! Line-Overstepper is just the first step (pun intended)

http://clivedavis.blogs.com/clive/images/dr_evil.jpg Mwhahahahahahahah!!!!!

Anyways back on topic...uh, what were we talking about....oh, yeah! Spoilers=bad.

I think this topic should be pinned. It's a PERFECT explanation of what NOT to do when the spoilers are coming around.

Good job, Owl!

QUOTE (AeroZach2112 @ Apr 1 2008, 06:32 PM)
I think this topic should be pinned. It's a PERFECT explanation of what NOT to do when the spoilers are coming around.

Good job, Owl!

To bad I can't pin it myself......that would make me a line overstepper

z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif z7shysterical.gif

This is a legitimate concern from the days (Im not if it was here or elsewhere) when people posted the setlist as thread names, one for each song.

It *is* actually possible to still come on the board and not read spoilers - but a reminder helps people avoid accidental slips as well.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Apr 3 2008, 01:04 AM)
QUOTE (daveyt @ Apr 3 2008, 03:03 AM)
stay away from youtube too

EXCELLENT advice!

If you type Rush into YouTube, youll get a whole list of hits with songs, etc...

I know I said this in the first post, but bootleg videos need warnings as well.

Archived