Favourite music based films???

madra sneachta

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 6 2004, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 6 2004, 06:42 PM)
I just saw that in the Politics forum. That's why I edited my post above. Sorry about the assumption.

It's OK, this has been going on for a while now. I should just ignore him but it pisses me off when people try to belittle me and try to make me feel stupid. It's about to get out of hand here. It's very unecessary, I need to be the bigger person and ignore him but I can't help to get pissed. It's hard to believe this guy is 40 years old.

So you show that you are the bigger person by spamming the board?!

It's a wonder you can walk, your testicles must be the size of watermelons!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 6 2004, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 6 2004, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 6 2004, 06:42 PM)
I just saw that in the Politics forum. That's why I edited my post above. Sorry about the assumption.

It's OK, this has been going on for a while now. I should just ignore him but it pisses me off when people try to belittle me and try to make me feel stupid. It's about to get out of hand here. It's very unecessary, I need to be the bigger person and ignore him but I can't help to get pissed. It's hard to believe this guy is 40 years old.

So you show that you are the bigger person by spamming the board?!

It's a wonder you can walk, your testicles must be the size of watermelons!

show me some tears. Keep the BS in the politican forum, people don't want to read this BS. Can you at least respect everyone else?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Sep 6 2004, 07:24 PM)
Now that both of you got your shots in, can we keep this stuff confined to the Politics forum? Pretty please with sugar on top? wacko.gif

No problem 01010101010

yea so any of yous seen that markky mark movie ..rockstar? 653.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 7 2004, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 6 2004, 07:27 PM)
yea so  any of yous seen  that markky mark movie  ..rockstar?  653.gif

What a HORRIBLE movie!!!! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Yeah, it was crap.

QUOTE (Indica @ Sep 4 2004, 02:47 AM)
Sargent Peppers lonely hearts club band.

I have such fond memories of this movie !! When I was 13 ... the Bee Gees ROCKED !

Oh God ... did I just date myself or what

Edited by Quyn

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 7 2004, 06:27 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Sep 7 2004, 12:52 AM)
QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 6 2004, 07:27 PM)
yea so  any of yous seen  that markky mark movie  ..rockstar?  653.gif

What a HORRIBLE movie!!!! new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

Yeah, it was crap.

yea well i was tryin to change the subject back onto movies

but gotta admit marky looked goood with long hair tongue.gif

Edited by DonnaWanna

QUOTE (Quyn @ Sep 7 2004, 08:16 AM)

I have such fond memories of this movie !! When I was 13 ... the Bee Gees ROCKED !

i liked when aerosmith had there lil part in that movie

1022.gif

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 7 2004, 01:08 PM)

1022.gif

I had such a crush on Barry Gibb -- quite frankly, Steven Tyler scared the bejebus out of me. I'm from a little small town in North Carolina -- I had never seen such a thing as him!

QUOTE (Quyn @ Sep 7 2004, 01:13 PM)

1022.gif

I had such a crush on Barry Gibb -- quite frankly, Steven Tyler scared the bejebus out of me. I'm from a little small town in North Carolina -- I had never seen such a thing as him!

L0L oooo i loved it.....since i have a brother 4 yrs older then me, an had a sister that was 10 yrs older then me, i was alwayz round the good music an was alwayz ontop of the music scene

QUOTE (DonnaWanna @ Sep 7 2004, 01:18 PM)
QUOTE (Quyn @ Sep 7 2004, 01:13 PM)

1022.gif

L0L oooo i loved it.....since i have a brother 4 yrs older then me, an had a sister that was 10 yrs older then me, i was alwayz round the good music an was alwayz ontop of the music scene

Raeford, North Carolina is the cultural blackhole of the East Coast so, it took me awhile to figure things out. I had no clue who Rush was until high school and I happened to date a guy who worshipped them.

Before that ... parties were always Lynard Skynard and the like (little wonder I didn't go out that much!)

But I finally got with the program (and discovered "Rock Over London")

Edited by Quyn

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Sep 7 2004, 02:06 PM)
eh? What about Wizard of Oz? biggrin.gif

Absolutely - I once played the Wizard on stage in the musical.

Agree with Almost Famous (Should have been on my first post), but I'm afraid I can't stretch to the Sgt. Pepper travesty.

In terms of soundtracks, I want to give an honourable mention to "Assault on Precinct 13", which I think has one of the best original scores ever.

If we're going to get into soundtracks, then I gotta speak up for 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'. Great stuff!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 8 2004, 01:40 AM)
If we're going to get into soundtracks, then I gotta speak up for 'O Brother, Where Art Thou?'. Great stuff!

I actually mentioned "Oh Brother......" in the first post on the thread, to me, the music is so integral to the film it's far more than just background and atmopsphere.

I made another glaring omission again, 24 Hour Party People, the story of "Madchester" and the rise and fall of Factory Records. I'm not sure how big it was across the Atlantic, but a fabulous film!!.

QUOTE (madra sneachta @ Sep 8 2004, 07:00 AM)
QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Sep 8 2004, 01:40 AM)

I actually mentioned "Oh Brother......" in the first post on the thread, to me, the music is so integral to the film it's far more than just background and atmopsphere.

I made another glaring omission again, 24 Hour Party People, the story of "Madchester" and the rise and fall of Factory Records. I'm not sure how big it was across the Atlantic, but a fabulous film!!.

I thought 24 Hour Party People was awesome.

There is another one you might enjoy --- "Live Forever". It is the story of Britpop as told by the actual players. They interview Noel Gallagher, Damon Albarn, 3D (Massive Attack), Jarvis Cocker (Pulp), etc.

Lots of great music !

For soundtracks...for me...Almost Famous...hands down. Great music selection by Cameron and Nancy also scored a bit for that film. It was excellent. Elizabethtown is good for music as well.

no order:

Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii 1974 Version With staged Dark Side of the Moon recording sessions(Nick Mason's fuss about apple pies without crust)

Pink Floyd The Wall

This is Spinal Tap

Tommy(Keith Moon as Uncle Ernie, priceless)

Flash Gordon(Queen's classic film score)

The Song Remains the Same(Peter Grant's tirade on bootleggers, priceless)

School of Rock

Quadrophenia

Heavy Metal(classic 1981 animated film with John Candy, the dean from Animal House as the prosecutor in the short with Eugene Levy as Captain Stern. Classic soundtrack with Journey, Black Sabbath, Cheap Trick, Don Felder, Sammy Hagar and others)