A Dream Theatre Question

Sticklah

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Mar 23 2008, 10:30 AM)
isn't either Portnoy or Petrucci really full of themselves and thinks they are like the best at their respective instruments ever?

no, j.p. is a very down to earth guy. m.p. has a nice sized ego but very good to the fan's. m.p. alway's talk's about drummer's that are better than him. some people just hate them and that's their right. i don't trink39.gif

QUOTE (Sticklah @ Mar 23 2008, 03:30 PM)
isn't either Portnoy or Petrucci really full of themselves and thinks they are like the best at their respective instruments ever?

Don't think so. They're just two guys at the apex of their chosen profession. I've seen all the documentaries and they seem like nice fellas, and still completely in awe of their heroes, be it Steve Howe, Neil, the Marillion guys...

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 23 2008, 10:35 AM)
isn't either Portnoy or Petrucci  really full of themselves and thinks they are like the best at their respective instruments ever?

no, j.p. is a very down to earth guy. m.p. has a nice sized ego but very good to the fan's. m.p. alway's talk's about drummer's that are better than him. some people just hate them and that's their right. i don't trink39.gif

I met Petrucci and Portnoy 3 times and they never seemed big-headed at all. MP even mailed me 2 free bootleg cd's from 1986/1987! Just because someone wins lots of readers polls in modern drummer doesn't mean they are calling themselves great. The fans are calling him great.

Now if you wanna talk egos, i would call Peart much more of an egomaniac than Portnoy, as displayed by Neil's writings over the years.

confused13.gif

banghead.gif

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Mar 24 2008, 10:46 AM)
isn't either Portnoy or Petrucci  really full of themselves and thinks they are like the best at their respective instruments ever?

I met Petrucci and Portnoy 3 times and they never seemed big-headed at all. MP even mailed me 2 free bootleg cd's from 1986/1987! Just because someone wins lots of readers polls in modern drummer doesn't mean they are calling themselves great. The fans are calling him great.

Now if you wanna talk egos, i would call Peart much more of an egomaniac than Portnoy, as displayed by Neil's writings over the years.

confused13.gif

banghead.gif

thats awesome! he mailed them to you free!

QUOTE (the masked drummer @ Mar 24 2008, 07:46 PM)

confused13.gif

banghead.gif

About ego, IMO both Fripp and Bruford are full of it...

but they can wink.gif

Steve Howe is the biggest primadonna going. When i saw him live if he wanted to switch guitars he just held his guitar over his head untill a roadie took it and placed another one in his arms, now i dont even know what to make out of that. confused13.gif John Petrucci on the other hand is a soft spoken guy. Lets face it, he is very tallented and some folks are going to try and make him arrogant because of that fact, what can ya do.

QUOTE (Choose/the/light @ Mar 24 2008, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Mar 24 2008, 07:50 AM)
By the way... these are pretty funny.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qy_SzoMW1Yk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cpQ-RDiVPoY&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wh0xS6ePkf8

laugh.gif laugh.gif

"TRANSFORMS INTO BEAR MODE!"

The "Both modes are bear mode" had me in tears.

Archived