10.000 BC

Snowman

This is written and directed by Roland Emmerich, who also wrote and directed "Independence Day," "Godzilla" and "The Day After Tomorrow." That would suggest that this movie has a good chance of having pretty good special effects but no soul, with weak dialogue.

The only movie directed by him that's worth watching more than once is "The Patriot" (which was not written by him, not surprisingly).

I saw it yesrday here in Oz. I know that some critics have not been kind, but to my mind it's just the tall poppy syndrome rearing its ugly head.

My wife and I enjoyed it immensely. The effects are indeed great, especially the mammoths. There is a plot, and whilst fairly simple (hey, it's 10,000 BC, what do you expect?) it is certainly adequate and defintely not confusing, as I read in one review. Do these critics ever really watch the movies, or does the size of their own egos block the screen?

Anyway, if you like a good Jean Auel type adventure with some great action scenes and pretty good CGI, together with a bit of romance, mystery and angst, then it's well worth a look.

Edited by Erebus

If i can find anyone with balls enough to be alone with my daughter for a few hours this weekend laugh.gif I really want to go and see this movie!!!

I saw it and I thought it was okay. It was kind of a mix of Stargate, Conan the Barbarian, and Clan of the Cave Bear.

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Mar 17 2008, 08:40 AM)
O.K. But is it as good as One Million Years B.C.?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/54/039_14209~Raquel-Welch-Posters.jpg

ooooooya!

1,000,000 will always be better than 10,000.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 13 2008, 02:52 AM)
This is written and directed by Roland Emmerich, who also wrote and directed "Independence Day," "Godzilla" and "The Day After Tomorrow." That would suggest that this movie has a good chance of having pretty good special effects but no soul, with weak dialogue.

The only movie directed by him that's worth watching more than once is "The Patriot" (which was not written by him, not surprisingly).

Which is precisely why I am avoiding this 062802puke_prv.gif

Looks like a modern version of Carl Gottlieb's Caveman starring Ringo Starr.

I think it'll be dumb.

eh.gif

this movie is like apocalypto before apocalytpo went through puberty.

its not really a great movie. i went in thinking "Sweet! another ancient time movie, WOW THOSE MAMMOTHS LOOK REAL!!! This HAS HAS HAS to be good"

boy was i wrong.....

I saw it and it did have good special affects. The whole plot was silly, I mean how many men (cavemen or not) would travel all over the world to find his cavewoman and bring her home?

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 22 2008, 12:12 PM)

I saw it and it did have good special affects. The whole plot was silly, I mean how many men (cavemen or not) would travel all over the world to find his cavewoman and bring her home?

laugh.gif

Are you serious?

QUOTE (-D-RocK- @ Mar 22 2008, 06:16 PM)
QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 22 2008, 12:12 PM)

I saw it and it did have good special affects.  The whole plot was silly, I mean how many men (cavemen or not) would travel all over the world to find his cavewoman and bring her home?

laugh.gif

Are you serious?

My thoughts exactly... wow, this sounds awful! laugh.gif

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 22 2008, 11:12 AM)

i guess some women sucked good **** 10,000 years ago yes.gif but this guy sounds like a real cat.gif

QUOTE (D'Artagnan @ Mar 25 2008, 09:04 PM)
QUOTE (Snowman @ Mar 13 2008, 02:16 AM)
Anyone seen this movie? Is it any good?

It depends on your expectations out of it. If you take it for what it is, a high-budget popcorn movie, it's pretty "good". Nothing more, though.

True