The Horror Re-Make disease spreads.

The Owl

A New "Nightmare on Elm Street"

God am I getting tired on American horror since the turn of the Millenium....How Many Remakes have there been..........

Either we are f***ing Up good Asian Horror movies by Americanizing them. Or we are taking American Horror Classics and re-making them WHEN THEY DON'T NEED IT.

Now it seems we have two more franchises to add to the list...probably the 2 most influential in American Horror. A remake of "Friday the 13th" (which is already in pre-production) and "A Nightmare on Elm Street".

The Link I posted states that they are starting a "New Franchise", and Re-Imagining Nightmare.

Why, why is this happening? Where is the origionality in American horror?

I would have been thrilled if they were working on the "next installment" of the Nightmare, or F13th franchises...but full remakes and new franchises?

And you know they are going new actors, and I don't know about you but it is nothing short of a travesty to see anyone else but Robert Englund play Kruger.

Yes, the "Remake Syndrome" is a disease that as engulfed American Horror.

And the worst part of it all is...............................................................................................................................MICHAEL BAY IS HEADING UP THE PROJECTS!!!!!!!!!

What the hell does Michael Bay know about a good story, much less horror movies. He wouldn't know a good story if it pissed on his foot. All he knows well is special effects, which makes the "Nightmare, and Friday" remakes even sadder....horror movies have the beauty of not needing special effects.

This is a sad day in horror my friends....a sad day.

rantoff.gif

Ugh. That's all I have to say to remaking Nightmare. I'm in the minority of people who like parts 2-6 more than the original. I like goofy Freddy, and Bay will definitely try to make it too dark like he did with the TCM remake.

Also, they're remaking Near Dark. Excuse me, but WTF?!! It's a really cool movie, but only horror nerds will even know it's a remake. It's not like it's some big name franchise that they can cash in on. I think they're just drawing random horror movie names out of a hat now.

I am just getting fustrated by the lack of origionalty in horror movies this decade. Too Many Re-Makes

And I know they won't have Robert Englund play Freddy. That is an immediate turn off for me. Englund brought that character to life, no one else can play the Springwood Slasher.

Hollywood is dead man. If you are a fan of horror look to foreign films or lower budget indie films. A couple goodies I saw lately I've linked to below - I highly recommend each of these. We should almost start a thread for off the beaten path horror recommendations.

1022.gif

(MODs please feel free to edit these links with our TRF referrrer info - I had problems finding that)

The Descent

http://www.amazon.com/Descent-Unrated-Wide...01811972&sr=1-1

Feast

http://www.amazon.com/Feast-Unrated-Baltha...01812383&sr=1-1

High Tension:

http://www.amazon.com/Tension-Unrated-Wide...01812419&sr=1-1

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Jan 31 2008, 04:51 PM)
We should almost start a thread for off the beaten path horror recommendations.

Cool idea! Go ahead and do it, please.