Trilogy presents "An Evening of Rush Music"

CygnusX-1Bk2

Trilogy presents "An Evening of Rush Music"

Trilogy will be presenting two decidedly different 1 hour sets of your favorite Rush tunes at Cue Productions in Concord Saturday February 9th to celebrate the upcoming Snakes & Arrows Live album release and tour. Doors open at 8:00 PM and we will be starting between 8:30 and 9. Beer, wine and soft drinks will be available for your libating pleasure.

The sets will include fan favorites and deep album cuts.

We should have a few surprises in store.

Hope to see you there!

Saturday February 9, 2008

8:30 PM

Cue Productions

1835 Colfax St.

Concord, Ca.

925-687-4220

Trilogy Home Page

http://home.earthlink.net/~trilogy-band/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/trilogy2908.jpg

http://home.earthlink.net/~jcdiazjr/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/trilogy_june2005_300.jpg

I will say that we are playing at least 3 songs we have never performed before, including something from S&A. We are also playing a few that we have either only performed once or a couple of times.

Albums we are touching on include:

Signals

GUP

Hold Your Fire (Yes I will be performing a song from this album)

Presto

Counterparts

And others

We are also going to be using some new technology for this show. We used to have a couple of songs on a sequencer with a click that we would play to. These songs will be now be played fully live.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 26 2008, 12:33 AM)

ohmy.gif

*rubs eyes*

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jan 26 2008, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 26 2008, 09:47 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 26 2008, 12:33 AM)

ohmy.gif

*rubs eyes*

ohmy.gif

laugh.gif

Yep, Cyg is playing "Tai Shan" all by himself. 653.gif

Awesome! I love Tai Shan!

rofl3.gif

Yes, after hours of begging via PM, he finally sent me the whole setlist..

..Rock Out!!

Making Memories

Emotion Detector

Open Secrets

High Water

Red Tide

Losing It

Madrigal

Lessons

Tears

Different Strings

War Paint

Time And Motion

Face Up

The Speed Of Love

Chain Lightning

Peaceable Kingdom

Secret Touch

Take A Friend

Tai Shan

Summertime Blues

Disclaimer:

CygnusX-1Bk2 or his band Trilogy is in no way affiliated with the above setlist. Void where prohibited. One winner per household only.

Edited by jdouglas

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jan 26 2008, 04:02 PM)
..Rock Out!!

Making Memories
Emotion Detector
Open Secrets
High Water
Red Tide
Losing It
Madrigal
Lessons
Tears
Different Strings
War Paint
Time And Motion
Face Up
The Speed Of Love
Chain Lightning
Peaceable Kingdom
Secret Touch
Take A Friend
Tai Shan
Summertime Blues

Disclaimer:
CygnusX-1Bk2 or his band Trilogy is in no way affiliated with the above setlist. Void where prohibited. One winner per household only.

I'm sorry, but that is not a valid setlist. Everybody knows that Cyg lost the lyrics to "Take A Friend" and hasn't been able to sing it for months. Sheesh...

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 26 2008, 01:33 AM)
I will say that we are playing at least 3 songs we have never performed before, including something from S&A. We are also playing a few that we have either only performed once or a couple of times.

Signals
GUP
Presto
Counterparts
And others

We are also going to be using some new technology for this show. We used to have a couple of songs on a sequencer with a click that we would play to. These songs will be now be played fully live.

Awesome.

My band just added three songs from S&A and one from HYF.

I think a couple of those (Mission & TMMB) are the best songs we do and a helluva lot of fun to play.

We need to add songs from Presto (in the works for next time), Counterparts, Test for Echo (had one but dropped it), and Vapor Trails to get something from every album but our show now is over 3 hours and I don't know where we'd put them.

Edited by _pete_

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Jan 26 2008, 01:02 PM)
..Rock Out!!

Making Memories
Emotion Detector
Open Secrets
High Water
Red Tide
Losing It
Madrigal
Lessons
Tears
Different Strings
War Paint
Time And Motion
Face Up
The Speed Of Love
Chain Lightning
Peaceable Kingdom
Secret Touch
Take A Friend
Tai Shan
Summertime Blues

Disclaimer:

We will be playing one song from this list.

QUOTE (_pete_ @ Jan 26 2008, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 26 2008, 01:33 AM)

Signals
GUP
Presto
Counterparts
And others

Awesome.

My band just added three songs from S&A and one from HYF.

I think a couple of those (Mission & TMMB) are the best songs we do and a helluva lot of fun to play.

We need to add songs from Presto (in the works for next time), Counterparts, Test for Echo (had one but dropped it), and Vapor Trails to get something from every album but our show now is over 3 hours and I don't know where we'd put them.

We need one each from VT, RTB, Power Windows, and Rush for us to play something from all albums.

But yeah it's a lot of fun and extremely challenging. My voice is the big limiting factor. Luckily the "newer" stuff is far more reachable for me than say anything of the first 5 or 6 albums.

Well I, for one, will be looking forward to hearing what your set list ends up being. See, this way I'll know what Rush will be playing on this leg of the tour. laugh.gif I figure that since they took a cue from Trilogy and played Circumstances and Entre Nous on the last leg, maybe they'll show up in Concord dressed in disguises and pick up the new set list. biggrin.gif

Have a good show man. Still looking forward to that Vegas gig. Maybe I can save Brook Shields from drowning and hire you guys to play at my birthday party. boarder.gif

My voice is the big limiting factor. Luckily the "newer" stuff is far more reachable for me than say anything of the first 5 or 6 albums.

yeah, that what our singer says too, and he's totally right, that early stuff is way up there....but it is the best stuff to play and what most want to here, IMO. Let's face it, without the first 5 or 6 albums, this forum probably doesn't exist....

anywho, GL and have a blast (please record some for us east side folks too).

Edited by jdouglas

Agreed about the first 5 or so albums. However we have favored Permanent Waves and Hemispheres so much that we have a minor bit of backlash from one guy who claimed we always play the same stuff and ride on the coat-tails of having the PW-MP-ESL kit. Despite the fact that we have never played the same setlist 2 shows in a row (even when playing 2 nights back to back). But there is some material we are more comfortable with for obvious reasons like it's the stuff we want to hear and it's what we grew up listening to. But we also like the challenge of playing different songs and I am into the tech side of things so I like to program synths and samplers for the "newer" songs. Also I am probably the most familiar with the current Rush catalog than the other two guys, especially Adam who only listens to albums after Presto with me. Though recently he's mentioned that he's been getting a little burned out playing the same tunes and he wanted the challenge of things that are new to him. Basically we are trying to expand our repertoire for our own interests as well. Hopefully it will go over well.

We always feel a risk with every show. Then people show up and cheer and we feel better. Our last show in October last year went particularly well. I was willing to hang it up and leave it at that, but it is too much fun to play this stuff.

Actual setlist:

Animate*

Chain Lightning

Analog Kid

Free Will

Yyz

Time Stand Still*

Natural Science

Kid Gloves

Digital Man

Spirit of Radio

Armor and Sword*

Subdivisions

Show Don't Tell

Distant Early Warning

Chemistry

Witch Hunt

La Villa

Limelight

By-Tor->

2112 Finale

*First time performed live by us

Good crowd, a little smaller than what we are used to but enthusiastic.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Feb 10 2008, 05:11 AM)
Actual setlist:

Animate*
Chain Lightning
Analog Kid
Free Will
Yyz
Time Stand Still*
Natural Science
Kid Gloves
Digital Man

Spirit of Radio
Armor and Sword*
Subdivisions
Show Don't Tell
Distant Early Warning
Chemistry
Witch Hunt
La Villa
Limelight

By-Tor->
2112 Finale

nice, got clips?

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Jan 29 2008, 06:07 PM)
Agreed about the first 5 or so albums. However we have favored Permanent Waves and Hemispheres so much that we have a minor bit of backlash from one guy who claimed we always play the same stuff and ride on the coat-tails of having the PW-MP-ESL kit. Despite the fact that we have never played the same setlist 2 shows in a row (even when playing 2 nights back to back). But there is some material we are more comfortable with for obvious reasons like it's the stuff we want to hear and it's what we grew up listening to. But we also like the challenge of playing different songs and I am into the tech side of things so I like to program synths and samplers for the "newer" songs. Also I am probably the most familiar with the current Rush catalog than the other two guys, especially Adam who only listens to albums after Presto with me. Though recently he's mentioned that he's been getting a little burned out playing the same tunes and he wanted the challenge of things that are new to him. Basically we are trying to expand our repertoire for our own interests as well. Hopefully it will go over well.

We always feel a risk with every show. Then people show up and cheer and we feel better. Our last show in October last year went particularly well. I was willing to hang it up and leave it at that, but it is too much fun to play this stuff.

Wow, I can really relate and sympathize with what you are saying, especially the "hang it up" part, I did that in 2006. We pretty much went through the same, it's hard to please everyone. The classics always go over well and are fun to play, and the keyboard-intensive stuff is hard to get sounding right and often gets the old "ho-hum" reaction. Ultimately, you play what you enjoy most and besides, you'd be crazy not to take advantage of that awesome kit. For a final show with my band, I wanted to do a 25th-anniversary re-creation of the MP tour (same songs in the same order) but it never panned out. Not enough interest in the live shows to warrant the trouble and expense of keeping the band together. I sure miss it sometimes. However, I saw your YYZ clip and you guys are amazing, keep it up!

QUOTE (jdouglas @ Feb 10 2008, 04:35 AM)
QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Feb 10 2008, 05:11 AM)
Actual setlist:

Animate*
Chain Lightning
Analog Kid
Free Will
Yyz
Time Stand Still*
Natural Science
Kid Gloves
Digital Man

Spirit of Radio
Armor and Sword*
Subdivisions
Show Don't Tell
Distant Early Warning
Chemistry
Witch Hunt
La Villa
Limelight

By-Tor->
2112 Finale

nice, got clips?

Eventually

Cindy (Nobody's Hero) and jdouglas asked for clips here are a few:

Nice stuff Cyg!

Is the guitar player in the newer vids the same as the guy in the Camera Eye vid?

Nice work all around man. cool.gif