Evil Child Bankrupts "Make A Wish" Foundation

The Owl

I feel for the child's medical situation. However, this child is cleary abusing the system. I am appalled that his parents would allow this to continue. What kind of lesson is learned here? I understand the request for the best medical care.... but the frivolous wishes are ridiculous. His face on Mount Rushmore? Come on. Now, people are wishing this child to die?

This is just the reason the whole scenario seems like a joke. I hope it is.

It goes to show you - 1 bad apple.....

So pathetic.

QUOTE (sundog @ Jan 17 2008, 02:58 PM)
I feel for the child's medical situation. However, this child is cleary abusing the system. I am appalled that his parents would allow this to continue. What kind of lesson is learned here? I understand the request for the best medical care.... but the frivolous wishes are ridiculous. His face on Mount Rushmore? Come on. Now, people are wishing this child to die?

So pathetic.

You're not familar with The Onion are you?

C'mon! Of course it's a joke!

QUOTE (sundog @ Jan 17 2008, 08:58 AM)

So pathetic.

ok. I guess I didn't know what "The Onion" was laugh.gif

I shouldn't really have watched that before my morning coffee wacko.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Jan 17 2008, 09:04 AM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Jan 17 2008, 08:58 AM)
I feel for the child's medical situation.  However, this child is cleary abusing the system.  I am appalled that his parents would allow this to continue.  What kind of lesson is learned here? I understand the request for the best medical care.... but the frivolous wishes are ridiculous.  His face on Mount Rushmore? Come on.  Now, people are wishing this child to die?
This is just the reason the whole scenario seems like a joke.  I hope it is. 

So pathetic.

ok. I guess I didn't know what "The Onion" was laugh.gif

I shouldn't really have watched that before my morning coffee wacko.gif

and I am glad it was a joke! yes.gif

I have to say, thats not funny at all. Having seen kids that are actually sick like that, i find little humor in a spoof involving a sick child that is on oxygen and had lost his hair. It just loses all comedic value for me. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Sorry, i just think about how i would feel if my child was sick and for that reason, i just cant laugh at that. no.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 17 2008, 02:20 PM)
I have to say, thats not funny at all. Having seen kids that are actually sick like that, i find little humor in a spoof involving a sick child that is on oxygen and had lost his hair. It just loses all comedic value for me. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Sorry, i just think about how i would feel if my child was sick and for that reason, i just cant laugh at that. no.gif

Sorry you feel that way mate....

In my time I have done voluntary work in Romania, India and Africa and have seen just about every aspect of human misery there is, including children.

However, I still found this hilarious yes.gif

It's all about being able to separate the humour from the real-life equivalent and appreciate it for what it is.

it's a big, scary world out there and sometimes if you don't laugh you'd cry.

Besides, it was in the keeping of satire, and really quite well done I thought.

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jan 17 2008, 11:11 AM)
QUOTE (tick @ Jan 17 2008, 02:20 PM)
I have to say, thats not funny at all. Having seen kids that are actually sick like that, i find little humor in a spoof involving a sick child that is on oxygen and had lost his hair. It just loses all comedic value for me. new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  Sorry, i just think about how i would feel if my child was sick and for that reason, i just cant laugh at that. no.gif

Sorry you feel that way mate....

In my time I have done voluntary work in Romania, India and Africa and have seen just about every aspect of human misery there is, including children.

However, I still found this hilarious yes.gif

It's all about being able to separate the humour from the real-life equivalent and appreciate it for what it is.

it's a big, scary world out there and sometimes if you don't laugh you'd cry.

Besides, it was in the keeping of satire, and really quite well done I thought.

The only part that bugged me was near the end when an onscreen graphic said, "Quick Spread of Boy's Leukemia 'Best Case Scenario'"...I love good satire, but that seemed a little rough.

Archived