Rock Band!

neil#2

I've downloaded lots so far...

Failed Working Man on expert last night - but managed almost 5 stars on hard mode the first try.

angry.gif

I have a lot more problems with really fast consecutive notes on Rock Band than I have on Guitar Hero for whatever reason.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In your guys' opinions..........would Rock Band be better on PS3 or XBOX 360? I want to buy a console, but strictly for Rock Band, as I don't usually play games.........GodEater? anyone?

Thanks!!!

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 13 2008, 05:29 PM)
In your guys' opinions..........would Rock Band be better on PS3 or XBOX 360? I want to buy a console, but strictly for Rock Band, as I don't usually play games.........GodEater? anyone?

Thanks!!!

I would suggest a 360. It's cheaper, and if you ever do end up wanting to play other games, it has a better selection.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 13 2008, 04:29 PM)

Thanks!!!

WC -

Just sent a PM.

Basically the game is totally identical on both consoles - and the Playstation 3 is about $100 more expensive for the basic model however...

1) Hardware reliability - every person i personally know with a 360 (including myself) has had it die at least once usually red rings of death

2) BluRay! BluRay has all but officially won the short lived format war and whether you have an HD tv set now or in the future it is very nice to have one in the old PS3

3) General console usage... navigation... internet.. multimedia... I own both consoles but vastly prefer Playstation 3 over XBOX360 so another nod to PS3 there.

If you can spare the extra $100 for what is certainly a long term investment I'd definitely recommend the Playstation 3 route.

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 13 2008, 04:48 PM)
Thanks man!! I gotta get this game lol............

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Feb 13 2008, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 13 2008, 04:48 PM)
Thanks man!! I gotta get this game lol............

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I've been watching quite a few Rock Band videos on You Tube......lol.......I played Guitar Hero when I was with my family at Christmas.......but damn this looks much cooler..........and the song selection looks great, nice variety.

I just got it a few days ago and have been pretty much just playing the drums (with wife on the guitar) and I'm terrible at it. It's ridiculously fun though. I'm pretty good at medium, but as soon as I try anything on hard it's like BAHAHAHAHAHAHA all around the room. I'm working at it though!

The best part is that you can totally be a wizard at Guitar Hero, but as soon as you try the Rock Band drums you get hit with a big humble brick. I do think that some of the easier songs on real drums are actually made harder in Rock Band by having to be so precise with the game. Freaking sweet though.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 09:25 AM)
And here is what I believe will be an updated list of Rock Band songs as well as new songs coming down the pipe.

smile.gif

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/838/838218p1.html

Jeez, how did the Police end up on the punk pack? wacko.gif The Misfits or Black Flag would've been awesome. The guitars would be easy, but the fast drumming and vocals would be fun.

Onnnnne laaaaassst carrrrressssssssss!

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 14 2008, 09:55 AM)
And here is what I believe will be an updated list of Rock Band songs as well as new songs coming down the pipe.

smile.gif

Jeez, how did the Police end up on the punk pack? wacko.gif The Misfits or Black Flag would've been awesome. The guitars would be easy, but the fast drumming and vocals would be fun.

The Police were really bundled with the punk? I never noticed I guess lots of tracks I just download individually.

One bit of a "problem" with Rock Band... and I do pray they rectify this somehow... measuring vocal performances really relies on pitch so... as a side-affect you can sing the hell out of a song... really nail it... improvise just a smidgen and you can actually fail it.

For most songs they include with the game this isn't much of a problem... its with growlier or screaming tracks that you really notice the problem. The Metallica tracks they have for the game are one example. I hope they can find a better way to score metal / heavy punk vocals because I really don't want this issue to prevent us from seeing some heavy tracks for this game.

I want my Arch Enemy!

1022.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 14 2008, 10:55 AM)

smile.gif

That Police song fits way better with those other tracks than something by Black Flag or the Misfits would have... I wish they would've done Nothing Achieving though.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 14 2008, 02:16 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 02:06 PM)
Heya WC!

bekloppt.gif

Get hooked up yet?

Hey man........LOL..........not yet!! Soon though!

I'll know you have it when people call your work but the boss says you called in sick.

LOL

See that's my problem.......right now is a bad time......I'm moving way out West next month, and I have an exam that I need to write before I move........so this would be the absolute WORST time to get Rock Band set up in my living room!!.........LOL...........I will purchase for sure, but most likely after we move.......

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 14 2008, 02:24 PM)
Heya WC!

bekloppt.gif

Get hooked up yet?

I'll know you have it when people call your work but the boss says you called in sick.

LOL

See that's my problem.......right now is a bad time......I'm moving way out West next month, and I have an exam that I need to write before I move........so this would be the absolute WORST time to get Rock Band set up in my living room!!.........LOL...........I will purchase for sure, but most likely after we move.......

But I just saw the full PS3 bundle on sale at Best Buy for just $169!

*devil icon*

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Feb 14 2008, 02:21 PM)
Ok, my son is checking the Playstation Store daily now for new songs.

He says the only Rush songs available for download are:

Limelight
Working Man

Are there any others available?

That's it for now... plus Tom Sawyer of course which comes with the game.

I highly recommend the Sabbath tracks also if you haven't checked those out yet.

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 03:24 PM)

Limelight
Working Man

I highly recommend the Sabbath tracks also if you haven't checked those out yet.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure my son will notify me immediately if any other Rush songs are put up for download. biggrin.gif

We've downloaded N.I.B. and Sweat Leaf. Both are great!! Any other Black Sabbath that is available?

1022.gif

QUOTE (EveryNerveAware @ Feb 14 2008, 03:27 PM)
QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 03:24 PM)

Limelight
Working Man

Thanks for the info. I'm sure my son will notify me immediately if any other Rush songs are put up for download. biggrin.gif

We've downloaded N.I.B. and Sweat Leaf. Both are great!! Any other Black Sabbath that is available?

1022.gif

Yeah I love doing the cough intro to Sweet Leaf.

1022.gif

I also check the updates every week before they come out so.... I'm sure you'll be hearing it when any interesting new tr4acks come out.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Feb 14 2008, 01:45 PM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Feb 14 2008, 10:55 AM)

smile.gif

That Police song fits way better with those other tracks than something by Black Flag or the Misfits would have... I wish they would've done Nothing Achieving though.

You're right, but I just want an excuse to run around in a fishnet tanktop saying "ohhhhhhhh" nonstop. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Godeater2112 @ Feb 14 2008, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Feb 14 2008, 02:24 PM)
Heya WC!

bekloppt.gif

Get hooked up yet?

LOL

But I just saw the full PS3 bundle on sale at Best Buy for just $169!

*devil icon*

I know....I know......plus $499 for the system......... biggrin.gif

Archived