My dad and I saw 2 UFO's...

priest_of_syrinx

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 12 2007, 02:18 PM)
If there ARE aliens out there, why the f*ck would they wanna come here?

They might have totally different chemical compounds that make them alive out there. They might have elements foreign to us and we might have elements foreign to them... So what they might be doing is taking samples of some of our most basic, necessary compounds like water, sugar, carbon dioxide, etc. and testing to see what the hell they are and why we have them.

And they're trying to figure out why we're so weird. Especially me. They were probably making sure I didn't do something stupid.

That's why what I'm calling what I saw a UFO: I don't know what it was! laugh.gif

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (priest_of_syrinx @ Aug 12 2007, 08:21 PM)

They might have totally different chemical compounds that make them alive out there. They might have elements foreign to us and we might have elements foreign to them... So what they might be doing is taking samples of some of our most basic, necessary compounds like water, sugar, carbon dioxide, etc. and testing to see what the hell they are and why we have them.

And they're trying to figure out why we're so weird. Especially me. They were probably making sure I didn't do something stupid.

That's why what I'm calling what I saw a UFO: I don't know what it was! laugh.gif

Yeah right.

So, if they are so interested in us and our planet, why do they never make proper contact? And why so relatively infrequently?

I have spent the best part of 28 years (no exaggeration, I'm nearly45 and been interested since I was about 16/17) studying UFOs, buying books, watching documentaries, buying videos of stupid 'alien autopsies', studying theories of time travel, watching the stars, buying books on the universe, studying Einstein and his theory of Relativity, and after all this time, I have still seen no concrete proof that aliens exist, and the more that is explained to me about theoretical side of things, the more I come to the conclusion that, at least in our Universe as we know it, we are the only intelligent life that exists.

Note that I stress 'in our universe as we know it'

Its a very intersting topic, one I could discuss all night long, but I have not seen anything that will convince me otherwise.

I used to believe though, no harm in doing so. smile.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2007, 08:38 PM)

For the same reason that Myrmecologists study ants, because they're curious and fascinated...

so why not show themselves properly?

also...see my post above^

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 12 2007, 02:35 PM)
So, if they are so interested in us and our planet, why do they never make proper contact? And why so relatively infrequently?

Interfering with the planet's natural development directly is probably a no-no. They probably have to wait for us to reach a certain level of spiritual, technological and emotional development before they bother making contact...

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 12 2007, 08:35 PM)

Dpends what you think proprer contact is wink.gif

I believe that if they can travel this far, they are obviously light years ahead of us in intelligence. We're probably like apes to them.

And maybe Aliens just baeam us up to take samples. Just doing science man. The only diff is that you are not the scientist here, just the experiment.

You don't have to believe, but like religion, I don't think you should demand proof from believers. It's faith and if that's good enough for religion then it's good enough for me. I will not bash or tell someone that they have faith in the wrong religion if I were like Catholic or something. So I think that we shouldn't bash Alien believers.

Just my .02

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2007, 08:41 PM)

Interfering with the planet's natural development directly is probably a no-no. They probably have to wait for us to reach a certain level of spiritual, technological and emotional development before they bother making contact...

Or we think we're so important that we deserve contact and visits.

Maybe we aren't all that important in the universe.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Aug 12 2007, 08:42 PM)

I believe that if they can travel this far, they are obviously light years ahead of us in intelligence. We're probably like apes to them.

And maybe Aliens just baeam us up to take samples. Just doing science man. The only diff is that you are not the scientist here, just the experiment.

You don't have to believe, but like religion, I don't think you should demand proof from believers. It's faith and if that's good enough for religion then it's good enough for me. I will not bash or tell someone that they have faith in the wrong religion if I were like Catholic or something. So I think that we shouldn't bash Alien believers.

Just my .02

I used to be one myself, so why would I bash it? angry.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Aug 12 2007, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2007, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Aug 12 2007, 02:42 PM)
We're probably like apes to them.

You're better looking than most apes lass...

wink.gif

oh Good!!

I was worried. yes.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 12 2007, 08:45 PM)

Just my .02

unsure.gif

I didn't mean you yourself were bashing the believers. In fact your post where I got that quote from said

I used to believe though, no harm in doing so.

I'm sorry you thought I was bashing you for bashing Aliens sad.gif

I should have made that a second post without quoting anyone.

I'm sorry Rick sad.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Aug 12 2007, 02:44 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2007, 08:41 PM)

Or we think we're so important that we deserve contact and visits.

Maybe we aren't all that important in the universe.

It stands to reason Mrs H that we're very far behind. Our star, sol is only 4.5 billion years old. The oldest stars are thought to be around 13.5 billion years old, which means there could be alien races that are up to 9 billion years more advanced than we are. This would mean they'd have left their original star long ago and moved on and coloized another system. Imagine how much we could develop in another 9 billion years (if we last that long). It took the earth about 4.5 billion years to develop human life and most of our advancment has happened in the last 100,000 years which is nothing in geological time. So it boggles the mind when you tihnk just how far behind we are. In all that time they could have evolved from something we can't even imagine into something even more unimaginable. if they exist and originate from some of the oldest stars, even one 8 or 10 billion years old, I'd say we're less like apes to them and more like amoebae.

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Aug 12 2007, 08:49 PM)

Just my .02

unsure.gif

I didn't mean you yourself were bashing the believers. In fact your post where I got that quote from said

I'm sorry Rick sad.gif

cool.gif I didn't mean it that way.

Look, this is one of my very favourite subjects, certainly for about 25-30 years.

I've spent absolutely ages looking at footage of UFOs, watching all the documentaries on it etc, Area 51 etc etc.

All I am saying is that, after years of this, with all the anticipation that has come with it, I have been inevitably let down, time and time again. Virtually EVERYTHING that I have seen, even the ones I thought were probably real, have been explained away.

I don't see silly videos of some aircraft kind of thing flying over us with flashing lights, alien autopsies, or any other kind of videoed footage from afar, as evidence that we have alien visits, I just think it is highly unlikely.

[Treeduck, I don't doubt that there could be intelligent life forms from other Worlds out there, that have the capabilities of travel from other dimensions or even another time, I'm just saying that its pretty unlikely and the chance of them choosing us is remote]

20-odd years of continual disappointment has made me very very sceptical, sorry.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 12 2007, 03:08 PM)
20-odd years of continual disappointment has made me very very sceptical, sorry.

I think a lot of people lost interest in the whole UFO thing mate, including me. Think about it though, we're not ready to meet aliens, most of us we can't even get on with other races on this planet that are human, so aliens wouldn't likely get a warm reception from the neanderthals that still exist among us.

In light of that, I don't think aliens would be too keen on making contact with us just yet...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2007, 09:18 PM)

I think a lot of people lost interest in the whole UFO thing mate, including me. Think about it though, we're not ready to meet aliens, most of us we can't even get on with other races on this planet that are human, so aliens wouldn't likely get a warm reception from the neanderthals that still exist among us.

In light of that, I don't think aliens would be too keen on making contact with us just yet...

yes.gif

this debate could go on all night, but I'm off for an early night. Maybe I'll be 'beamed up' laugh.gif

While I agree that humanity has a LOOOONG way to go on the evolutionary scale, I don't think extra-terrestrials would see us as apes in an ultimate sense. For me it has to do with, do human beings have souls like extra-terrestrials do? Are we sentient beings capable of abstract thought, creativity and the ability to tap into the great love of a higher power? If the answer is yes, and I believe that it is, then their interest in us is more than our interest in going to the zoo. We're at a critical point in the evolution of this planet where we will either descend into complete madness or make the next evolutionary jump. I believe the latter is true. They're probably just swinging by to assist and watch. They'll make themselves known on a mass scale when they're ready and humanity is ready.

And that's MY .02. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 12 2007, 03:25 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 12 2007, 09:18 PM)

yes.gif

this debate could go on all night, but I'm off for an early night. Maybe I'll be 'beamed up' laugh.gif

Right this moment the aliens may be getting ready to probe your arse with their recepticles...

wacko.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 12 2007, 03:27 PM)
While I agree that humanity has a LOOOONG way to go on the evolutionary scale, I don't think extra-terrestrials would see us as apes in an ultimate sense. For me it has to do with, do human beings have souls like extra-terrestrials do? Are we sentient beings capable of abstract thought, creativity and the ability to tap into the great love of a higher power? If the answer is yes, and I believe that it is, then their interest in us is more than our interest in going to the zoo. We're at a critical point in the evolution of this planet where we will either descend into complete madness or make the next evolutionary jump. I believe the latter is true. They're probably just swinging by to assist and watch. They'll make themselves known on a mass scale when they're ready and humanity is ready.

And that's MY .02. tongue.gif

Think about the possible gap though in development Goobs, it could be as much as 9 billion years. Look back just 4 billion on earth and compare what life was around here then with what's around now. The difference between human beings and single-cell organisms is a pretty huge. Aliens could be another few billion years ahead of our development, there's no telling what kind of beings they might be...

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Aug 12 2007, 09:08 PM)
QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Aug 12 2007, 08:49 PM)

Just my .02

unsure.gif

I'm sorry Rick sad.gif

cool.gif I didn't mean it that way.

Look, this is one of my very favourite subjects, certainly for about 25-30 years.

I've spent absolutely ages looking at footage of UFOs, watching all the documentaries on it etc, Area 51 etc etc.

All I am saying is that, after years of this, with all the anticipation that has come with it, I have been inevitably let down, time and time again. Virtually EVERYTHING that I have seen, even the ones I thought were probably real, have been explained away.

I don't see silly videos of some aircraft kind of thing flying over us with flashing lights, alien autopsies, or any other kind of videoed footage from afar, as evidence that we have alien visits, I just think it is highly unlikely.

[Treeduck, I don't doubt that there could be intelligent life forms from other Worlds out there, that have the capabilities of travel from other dimensions or even another time, I'm just saying that its pretty unlikely and the chance of them choosing us is remote]

It's okay Rick smile.gif

I believe yes.gif

goodpost.gif

That's what we thought, but why would there be 2 of them moving in strange directions and why would they last so long? Meteors don't really do that.

You may have seen a fireball. There have been many sightings reported during the Perseids of fireballs traversing the sky and splitting into pieces as they burn up. I witnessed one when I was a kid that looked like a big ball of fire, and took several seconds to cross the sky. It was reported in the Long Island Newsday the next morning, and even appeared on the radar at LI MacArthur Airport. It reportedly landed in the Long Island Sound. It was estimated to be about the size of a school bus.

Not that I'm discounting the UFO / Alien theory... wink.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 12 2007, 12:55 PM)
I believe they exist (strange that coming from me, right?).

Methinks awareness of them will be far more widespread in the next few years...

honestly, I agree. People would have to be really arrogant to assume that we're the only life forces in existance. The universe is FAR too wide for us to be the only beings in it... ph34r.gif

UFO's don't exist....It was a weather balloon. Nothing more

pokey.gif Now, if you believe that, I've got swamp land you might be interested in Antarctica....

"maybe Martians can do better than we've done....we'll make great pets, we'll make great pets" - Porno for Pyros, 1993.

Archived