Steelers fan thread.

kazzman

If the Chargers defeat Denver this Saturday then the Steelers won't even need to win on Sunday.

Go Bolts!!! laugh.gif

I bet Cowher would only play the big boys 1/2 the game if they didn't have to win. yes.gif

Edited by Indica

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It time for my much anticipated, ever so accurate (usually), weekly prediction.

I think it will be closer than you might expect.

Steelers 34

Lions 21

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 31 2005, 12:56 AM)

Steelers 3
Lions 21

unsure.gif

Steelers 34
Lions 21

Just out of curiosity, because I never really pay attention, but do you pick the Steelers to win every week? confused13.gif

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 31 2005, 12:12 PM)

Steelers 34
Lions 21

Just out of curiosity, because I never really pay attention, but do you pick the Steelers to win every week? confused13.gif

I think a real fan will always pick his team to win when they're doing good and have a strong team. I know I picked SD to win every game this year and clearly they HAD the chance to be undefeated as the only game they really got beat was last week. Personally i wouldn't expect anything else of a real fan but to pick his team to win in almost any given situation if they're doing good enough to be in the playoffs. No matter what the realistic outlook is. True fans no what their team can do in individual situations and what they're capable of even if the team doesn't live up to that expectation. Pittsburgh is on a tear right now and I don't expect the lions to do much to stop that path to the superbowl. My pick on the game is...

Steelers 35

Lions 6

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 30 2005, 01:12 AM)
If the Chargers defeat Denver this Saturday then the Steelers won't even need to win on Sunday.

Go Bolts!!! laugh.gif

I bet Cowher would only play the big boys 1/2 the game if they didn't have to win. yes.gif

Well expect to not have them play much. Chargers will win big today against Denver's second team as Marty is looking for the big finish to a second rate season. I didn't think of this when i made my score prediction. I'll revise now and say...

Steelers: 28

Lions: 13

QUOTE (NeilPeartFan2112 @ Dec 31 2005, 07:12 AM)

Steelers 34
Lions 21

The last couple years I have. I think I didn't pick them 1 or 2 times. But both of those times they lost so in the last couple years my prediction records is like 27 wins and 5 loses which isn't too bad at all. Even the experts don't have a winning % that high most of the time.

Most people don't realize that the Steelers won 25 of their last 31 regular season games.

6 losses out of 31 games is pretty good. I can handle that.

P.S. Before some bozo points out that they still didn't win a super bowl so it don't matter.....well, don't bother, you aint telling me anything I don't know and it's getting played out, after the first 5000 times I think I get it now. Ya ya it doesn't matter that they won 25 out of their last 31 games, cuz they haven't won a super bowl in the meantime. See, I'm such a nice guy, I saved someone the trouble of saying that all over again ahahaha.

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 31 2005, 12:53 PM)

Go Bolts!!!  laugh.gif

I bet Cowher would only play the big boys 1/2 the game if they didn't have to win.  yes.gif

Well expect to not have them play much. Chargers will win big today against Denver's second team as Marty is looking for the big finish to a second rate season. I didn't think of this when i made my score prediction. I'll revise now and say...

broncos no. 2 seed nuff said !!!!! well maybe not nuff said one more thing.

BAKE THE ROLLS !!!!! 1022.gif

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 31 2005, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Dec 31 2005, 12:53 PM)

Go Bolts!!!  laugh.gif

I bet Cowher would only play the big boys 1/2 the game if they didn't have to win.  yes.gif

broncos no. 2 seed nuff said !!!!! well maybe not nuff said one more thing.

BAKE THE ROLLS !!!!! 1022.gif

sarcasm.gif

But if they don't win the super bowl what does it matter which seed they are?

Ahahahahahaha, just kidding. I sound like a dweeb saying that don't I? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 31 2005, 11:23 AM)
bake the rolls indy ,bake the rolls!!!!
1022.gif broncos rule !!!!

Don't worry bro, I will. trink39.gif

If the Steelers win today and New England wins and the Bengals lose then the Steelers go to New England for round 1 of the playoffs next week.

I think the Bengals want to lose just so they don't have to play us in the first round. cat.gif

The Bengals will be going into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak, I don't see how that is a good thing. I can't believe they are laying down today against KC.

From the looks of it, unless something changes drasticly after half time... The round one matchups will be

Pittsburgh @ New England

Jacksonville @ Cincinnati

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 1 2006, 09:30 AM)
If the Steelers win today and New England wins and the Bengals lose then the Steelers go to New England for round 1 of the playoffs next week.

I think the Bengals want to lose just so they don't have to play us in the first round. cat.gif

The Bengals will be going into the playoffs on a 3 game losing streak, I don't see how that is a good thing. I can't believe they are laying down today against KC.

From the looks of it, unless something changes drasticly after half time... The round one matchups will be

Pittsburgh @ New England

Wait wait, Miami is beating NE, so The Steelers might end up playing the Bengals after all. If so, I might end up being at that game next week since my brother is a Bengals fan, ahahah that would be great going to that game with a bengals fan. Might be a long trip home for one of us. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 1 2006, 02:55 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 1 2006, 09:30 AM)

I think the Bengals want to lose just so they don't have to play us in the first round.  cat.gif

Pittsburgh @ New England

Wait wait, Miami is beating NE, so The Steelers might end up playing the Bengals after all. If so, I might end up being at that game next week since my brother is a Bengals fan, ahahah that would be great going to that game with a bengals fan. Might be a long trip home for one of us. rofl3.gif

cheer.gif

Yes!!!!!!!!! 4 wins down and 4 wins to go!!!!!!!!!!!!

All we need is 4 more wins baby and then we will have a super bowl ring for the thumb!!!!!!!!!

Lets roll baby!!! 4 more wins!!! 4 more wins!!!! 4 more wins!!!!!

Oh it's GREAT being a Steeler fan!~!!!!!!!!

YA BABY YA!~!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 30 2005, 07:56 PM)

Steelers 34
Lions 21

Final score

Steelers 35

Lions 21

Accurate is RIGHT!!! I hate to blow my own horn but I've been nailing predictions within a couple points for the last 2 years in a row, week after week. I guess 30 years of watching the same team game after game and keeping up on the injury reports and all that pays off. If someone would have took my predictions and used them to bet with a bookie they would have made a boatload of money. yes.gif

However, I usually don't bet on or against my team, it's what I call a "kiss of death". But others can take advantage of my great football knowledge and cash in on it. yes.gif

Edited by Indica

QUOTE (Indica @ Jan 1 2006, 04:03 PM)
QUOTE (Indica @ Dec 30 2005, 07:56 PM)
Steelers 34
Lions 21

Final score

Steelers 35

Lions 21

:allhail:

and now you are off to BENGAL COUNTRY to see a helluva game. lucky bastard!

Edited by daveyt

steeler fans ,are you happy new england lost ? i would be if i were you.ill bet you are.well any way nothing personal but im rooting for the bengals.if you do win however ,ill see you in 2 weeks. congratulations on your playoff birth.

QUOTE (tick @ Jan 1 2006, 11:53 AM)
steeler fans ,are you happy new england lost ? i would be if i were you.ill bet you are.well any way nothing personal but im rooting for the bengals.if you do win however ,ill see you in 2 weeks. congratulations on your playoff birth.

No, I'm not glad they lost. I wanted to take them out first. If the Steelers win against the Bengals then they will be going to Indianapolis the next week and Denver will play the winner between New England and Jacksonville.

The Steelers have a long road if they want to make it to the super bowl. They will have to win 3 straight on the road just to get there!!!!

But here is a stat that some of you may not be aware of..........

Earlier in the season, the Steelers tied an all time NFL record with 11 road wins in a row. To me that is a good sign and it's a sign of a great team. If anyone can go to the playoffs and win 3 straight on the road it is the Steelers.

MAKE IT HAPPEN BABY!!!! HELLZ YA!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (daveyt @ Jan 1 2006, 05:57 PM)
NEW ENGLAND @ DENVER would be awesome! let's go broncos !!!!

we now go back to our regularly scheduled lurve shack between INDICA & PITTSBURGH

1022.gif bake the rolls ! sarcasm.gif