The Office

JDL2112

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 16 2007, 12:15 PM)
Understood. Brits created it. Americans made it GOOD.

z7shysterical.gif

It's what we do. Just like the country itself. We take a good thing and make it FAR better. yes.gif

bolt.gif

ohmy.gif

rage.gif pokey.gif rage.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif eh.gif cat.gif beathorse.gif rage.gif angry.gif

wacko.gif

moon.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 15 2007, 06:42 PM)
The thing about The Office is you find yourself actually caring about the characters because there so believable (I work with a Dwight Schrute) tongue.gif
Get the dvd collections or check out youtube for deleated scenes there hilarious and there's tons of them,I guess for a half hour show they can't cram everything in.

goodpost.gif

You are right as right! It made my day when Jim asked Pam out! It's a strange show...just kinda sucks you in!

I got the seasons on DVD, and the out takes are really funny...did you see those comercial spots they did??? what a hoot!!!

Btw, I'm curious about the "original" British version and probably check it out on BBC America.

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 16 2007, 12:32 PM)
touche doh.gif

We all know that EVERYTHING thats American is damn good 1287.gif

Agreed.

They are much better at us than lots of things e.g.

being overweight,shooting each other,invading other countries,squabbling about religion,...the list is endless wink.gif tongue.gif

(BTW, this is a JOKE, before anyone gets their knickers in a twist) smile.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Jul 16 2007, 01:33 PM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 16 2007, 12:32 PM)
touche  doh.gif

We all know that EVERYTHING thats American is damn good 1287.gif

Agreed.

They are much better at us than lots of things e.g.

being overweight,shooting each other,invading other countries,squabbling about religion,...the list is endless wink.gif tongue.gif

(BTW, this is a JOKE, before anyone gets their knickers in a twist) smile.gif

Me...OVERWEIGHT??? Look at my picture man!!!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/JDL2112/Picture003.jpg

I prefer to use the words "Pizza Hutly Challenged" biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Mrs. Huck Rogers @ Jul 16 2007, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Jul 16 2007, 12:15 PM)
Understood.  Brits created it.  Americans made it GOOD. 

z7shysterical.gif 

It's what we do.  Just like the country itself.  We take a good thing and make it FAR better.  yes.gif 

bolt.gif

ohmy.gif

rage.gif pokey.gif rage.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif eh.gif cat.gif beathorse.gif rage.gif angry.gif

wacko.gif

moon.gif

laugh.gif

That's a bad burn there Mrs. H. Sunblock... buy some. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 16 2007, 01:17 PM)
Btw, I'm curious about the "original" British version and probably check it out on BBC America.

Yes, do check out the UK Office if you haven't seen it. yes.gif The US Office is pretty good, but the UK Office was a classic, right up there with Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, and The Young Ones. The UK version is funnier, racier (lots of sex talk, surprisingly), and is also a much darker comedy.

The characters on the UK Office all have more depth than their US counterparts, especially the boss David Brent played by Ricky Gervais. Gervais' Brent is a hilarious but tragic figure who goes through an amazing story arc through the series. David Brent is a classic character, right up there with Basil Fawlty, whereas the US boss is pretty bland and one-dimensional in comparison (but still funny).

By the way, if you check out the UK Office on DVD, the outtakes and extras are HILARIOUS. Ricky Gervais had a habit of trying to crack up Martin Harrison (Tim) during their scenes, and it's hilarious to watch. rofl3.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 18 2007, 06:36 PM)
The UK version is funnier, racier (lots of sex talk, surprisingly), and is also a much darker comedy.

Why is it surprising there is a lot of sex talk?

Have you seenn British television?

Russell Brand while he was doing Big Brother Big Mouth?

Even QI is full of blatant references.

And yes, Ricky Gervais is such a great actor. I actually cringed and was embarassed for him in some scenes. Poor guy. laugh.gif

QUOTE (PariahDog @ Jul 18 2007, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Jul 16 2007, 01:17 PM)

Yes, do check out the UK Office if you haven't seen it. yes.gif The US Office is pretty good, but the UK Office was a classic, right up there with Fawlty Towers, Monty Python, and The Young Ones. The UK version is funnier, racier (lots of sex talk, surprisingly), and is also a much darker comedy.

The characters on the UK Office all have more depth than their US counterparts, especially the boss David Brent played by Ricky Gervais. Gervais' Brent is a hilarious but tragic figure who goes through an amazing story arc through the series. David Brent is a classic character, right up there with Basil Fawlty, whereas the US boss is pretty bland and one-dimensional in comparison (but still funny).

By the way, if you check out the UK Office on DVD, the outtakes and extras are HILARIOUS. Ricky Gervais had a habit of trying to crack up Martin Harrison (Tim) during their scenes, and it's hilarious to watch. rofl3.gif

Hey Pariah you seem to know a lot about British comedy.

Have you ever seen 'Alan partridge'?

Absolute classic, genius.

His character is a bit like Brent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I'm_Alan_Partridge

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/partridge/

Jurassic park!!!!!! rofl3.gif

Edited by condemned2bfree