Marillion anyone?

I was heavily into Marillion until Fish left then bought/listened to nothing by them until a month ago a mate at work lent me a few Hogarth era Marillion & I have fallen in love with them all over again, brilliant music, I especially love "Easter", "The Party", "Sympathy", "The Hollow Man" I could go on & on! Fantastic, I have now got all their Hogarth stuff & will go see them next time they tour for sure.

All of 'Childhood' and Forgotten Sons, Market Square Heros 1022.gif

...oh, and Assassing trink38.gif

Celtic Mayhem 1022.gif

Edited by rickyrob

Seen Marillion a few times before and just after they 1st got signed. My mates ex's sister ued to go out with FISH, that's who "Script" was written about.

Seen them on the first tour with Hogarth in the Barrowlands in Glasgow.

QUOTE (themaninblack1963 @ Jul 10 2007, 01:29 PM)
will go see them next time they tour for sure.

They'll be announcing more dates in August wink.gif

Seen them 30+ times now and last month's gig at The Forum in London was one of the best shows I've ever seen from them. I posted a review a while back biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2007, 12:40 PM)
I had their first 4 or 5 albums long ago. They were good in doses, but as a whole it was WAAAAAAAY too lyric-heavy for me. Fish would just never shut up. I just wanted to de-bone and fry him after awhile. eh.gif

Maybe the Hogarth era would suit you better, not quite as heavy lyrically but brilliant all the same.

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jul 12 2007, 03:50 AM)
QUOTE (themaninblack1963 @ Jul 10 2007, 01:29 PM)
will go see them next time they tour for sure.

They'll be announcing more dates in August wink.gif

Seen them 30+ times now and last month's gig at The Forum in London was one of the best shows I've ever seen from them. I posted a review a while back biggrin.gif

I shall make a point of going to see them, cheers.

QUOTE (themaninblack1963 @ Jul 13 2007, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 13 2007, 01:45 AM)
IMO:

Marillion - Fish = Genesis - Gabriel =  schla03.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

RUBBISH!!!

so I'm not entitled to an opinion?

Note: IMO above statement

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2007, 01:40 PM)
I had their first 4 or 5 albums long ago. They were good in doses, but as a whole it was WAAAAAAAY too lyric-heavy for me. Fish would just never shut up. I just wanted to de-bone and fry him after awhile. eh.gif

Gary, that was a bazillion years ago, come into this century and listen to some new music you redundant "its too wordy" eyesre4.gif old hippy. bolt.gif

Marillion biggrin.gif Script, Fugazi,Seasons, Brave, Sunlight, Marbles.

Marillion new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Radiation,Dot.com,(wish I'd Gone) Somewhere Else

Genesis biggrin.gif Trick, Three, Duke, Abacab (just)

Genesis wtf.gif Gabriel stuff, just would rather listen to YES being long winded

Genesis fists crying.gif Calling all stations, We Can't Dance

QUOTE (ruksh @ Jul 13 2007, 07:30 AM)
Marillion  biggrin.gif  Script, Fugazi,Seasons, Brave, Sunlight, Marbles.
Marillion new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif  Radiation,Dot.com,(wish I'd Gone) Somewhere Else

Genesis biggrin.gif  Trick, Three, Duke, Abacab (just)
Genesis wtf.gif Gabriel stuff, just would rather listen to YES being long winded

After reading this post on Marillion and your last on Dream Theater, my summation is a heavy dose of...

http://centralhobbies.com/Images/thumbnail/sigbond.gif

yes.gif bolt.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 12 2007, 11:45 PM)
IMO:

Marillion - Fish = Genesis - Gabriel = cool.gif 653.gif

This is what you meant, yes?

wink.gif

Marillion is my second-favorite band...it kind of goes like:

Rush > Marillion >>>>> Everything else

Which is saying something, because I love all of the real Juluka albums (I typically exclude their reunion album, Crocodile Love), all of the Pink Floyd albums between 1971 and 1979 are amazing, and I listen to U2 and The Beatles very heavily.

The 2-CD version of Marbles is quite possibly the greatest album since Grace Under Pressure.

QUOTE (ruksh @ Jul 13 2007, 04:30 AM)
Marillion biggrin.gif Script, Fugazi,Seasons, Brave, Sunlight, Marbles.
Marillion new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Radiation,Dot.com,(wish I'd Gone) Somewhere Else

Genesis biggrin.gif Trick, Three, Duke, Abacab (just)

Word. Although We Can't Dance and Somewhere Else both have their moments ("Driving the Last Spike", "Fading Lights", "The Other Half", "A Voice From the Past"), and Gabresis had a few good ones.

QUOTE (tick @ Jul 13 2007, 12:26 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2007, 01:40 PM)
I had their first 4 or 5 albums long ago.  They were good in doses, but as a whole it was WAAAAAAAY too lyric-heavy for me.  Fish would just never shut up.  I just wanted to de-bone and fry him after awhile.  eh.gif

Gary, that was a bazillion years ago, come into this century and listen to some new music you redundant "its too wordy" eyesre4.gif old hippy. bolt.gif

If goob is old, I'm f***ing ancient.

Nothing wrong with old stuff.

bumper.gif

New triple live album out, taken from the Marillion weekend in Zelande.

It's called "A-Z", taking tracks from their back catalogue alphabetically and one inspired cover!

Superb, some real gems there, the crowd sing all of Jigsaw, 3 Minute Boy is pure goosebump city.

Available from:

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esr...WMuZDHsRV88oe_w

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 12 2007, 12:40 PM)
...Fish would just never shut up...

yes.gif

absolutely one of the main reasons those first four albums are close to perfection for me

...nearly every song is a book! trink39.gif

Less than 2 months until back to back nights of Marillion in NYC!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

If I could choose 1 more concert for the rest of my life, Marillion would be it. Yup, I love um that much! CAN'T WAIT TILL THEY ARRIVE IN JUNE!!!!

QUOTE (Tick @ Apr 25 2012, 01:46 PM)
Less than 2 months until back to back nights of Marillion in NYC!!!! 1022.gif 1022.gif

If I could choose 1 more concert for the rest of my life, Marillion would be it. Yup, I love um that much! CAN'T WAIT TILL THEY ARRIVE IN JUNE!!!!

Taking a trip to see them in either Manchester or Birmingham in Sept. Always a special gig.