The attitude..

reani14

QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 9 2007, 07:45 PM)
Hey Damone? what went on between you and stacey???

Let me tell you something, Rat. Sometimes girls just go haywire.

It was a month ago, I've been trying to think of a way to tell you ever since.

We started messing around and...

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb305/EveryNerveAware/FastTimesAtRidgemontHigh.jpg

yo, i tri ed this post on the counterparts messageboard and all these people got mad at me and didnt get it...

notice the exit stage left cover in the background.

fast times was shot between nov -dec 81. at this point the sherman oaks galleria was only 1 year. it was opened in late 1980..

Are you getting a yearbook? I know what i look like!!! unsure.gif

QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 10 2007, 11:03 PM)
yo, i tri ed this post on the counterparts messageboard and all these people got mad at me and didnt get it...

notice the exit stage left cover in the background.
fast times was shot between nov -dec 81. at this point the sherman oaks galleria was only 1 year. it was opened in late 1980..

Are you getting a yearbook? I know what i look like!!! unsure.gif

I got it. Great movie.

So it must have just hit the shelves right before the movie was filmed.

cool.gif

"When it comes to making out, whenever possible, play side one of Led Zeppelin 4."

(And then we cut to the next scene, it which Rat plays "Kashmir"... which is from Physical Graffitti!)

I saw 'Fast Times' in the theater the week it premiered.

Damn! Now I feel old. laugh.gif

I remember seeing the ads on MTV with Ray Walston playing his character Mr. Hand and announcing the upcoming movie "when leaves begin to turn gold and kids thirst for knowledge...." I think he was wearing a mortarboard in that commercial too.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 11 2007, 06:41 AM)
"When it comes to making out, whenever possible, play side one of Led Zeppelin 4."

(And then we cut to the next scene, it which Rat plays "Kashmir"... which is from Physical Graffitti!)

Thanks, GR, now I know I'm not the only one who obsesses over details like that biggrin.gif

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 11 2007, 08:02 PM)
I hated that character Demone. laugh.gif

Great thread, btw. trink39.gif

You're supposed to. laugh.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jul 11 2007, 08:08 PM)
QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Jul 11 2007, 08:02 PM)
I hated that character Demone.  laugh.gif

Great thread, btw.  trink39.gif

You're supposed to. laugh.gif

did you 'edit' me, Pags? wink.gif

QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 11 2007, 12:04 AM)
Another album cover which is clearly visable in the Cars Shake it up....

Let's not overlook the enormous Streisand display. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (paganoman @ Jul 11 2007, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (reani14 @ Jul 11 2007, 12:04 AM)
Another album cover which is clearly visable in the Cars Shake it up....

Let's not overlook the enormous Streisand display. biggrin.gif

No doubt.

I've got to watch this movie again soon... it's been too long.

cool.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Hand: [passing back exams] 'C', 'D', 'F'. 'F'. 'F'. For three weeks we have been talking about the Plath Amendment. It was passed in nineteen-hundred and six.

[notices Spicoli's seat is empty]

Mr. Hand: Where is Jeff Spicoli? I saw him earlier today, near the first floor bathrooms, is he still on campus? Anyone?

[Desmond raises hand]

Mr. Hand: Yes, Desmond?

Desmond: I saw him outside, near the food machines.

Mr. Hand: How long ago?

Desmond: Right before class.

Mr. Hand: All right. Bring him in.

[Desmond exits]

Mr. Hand: What is this fascination with truancy? What is it that gets inside of your heads? There are some teachers at this school who look the other way at truants. It's a little game you both play. They pretend they don't see you, and you pretend you don't ditch! Now, in the end, who pays the price? YOU!

[Desmond re-enters; Spicoli follows him. He has a bagel stuffed into crotch; with open shirt, barefoot, holding Vans]

Jeff Spicoli: [Desmond re-enters; Spicoli follows with bagel stuffed into crotch; with open shirt, barefoot, holding Vans] Wait a minute, there's no birthday party for me here! Hello, Mr. Hand.

Mr. Hand: What's the reason for your truancy?

Jeff Spicoli: Just couldn't make it on time.

Mr. Hand: You couldn't, or you wouldn't?

Jeff Spicoli: See, there was a full crowd at the food lines.

Mr. Hand: Food will be eaten on YOUR time. Why are you continuously late for this class, Mr. Spicoli? Why do you shamelessly waste my time like this?

Jeff Spicoli: [long pause, but then with complete truth in his answer] I don't know.

Mr. Hand: [Mr. Hand goes to blackboard and writes the words 'I Don't Know', then underlines them]

[reciting]

Mr. Hand: I like that. 'I Don't Know.' That's nice.

[imitating]

Mr. Hand: 'Mr. Hand, will I pass this class?' Gee, Mr. Spicoli, I don't know! You know what I'm going to do? I'm going to leave your words right up here for all my classes to enjoy, giving you full credit of course, Mr. Spicoli.

Jeff Spicoli: All right!

"I hope you had a great piss, Ralph!"

Oh the attitude................

Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.

Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.

Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.

Mark Ratner: The attitude?

Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 12 2007, 02:55 PM)
Oh the attitude................

Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.
Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.
Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.
Mark Ratner: The attitude?
Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.

goodpost.gif

Spot on topic....