Tablature sites are being removed

GeddyRulz

I just had the inspiration to look up the bass tab for Pink Floyd's "Money" over at my favorite tablature site, "Bass Tab Archive Dot Com," and was met with this notice:

The Bass Tab Archive tab collection has been taken off-line in order to comply with a recently received takedown letter from legal representation for the NMPA and MPA. While I strongly disagree with their position that on-line guitar tablature is a violation of artist copyright, I have chosen to comply with this order. As there is a growing community of tablature sites being threatened in this manner, my hope is that some coordinated effort can be made to resolve this matter.

I appreciate your support and am hopeful that the archive can return at some point in the future.

Has anyone else had difficulty finding guitar and bass tabs recently? Looks like all the tab sites are going to be removed.

They're usually posted on the Internet by amateur players... who learned the song by ear.

Oftentimes, the same song will be updated and re-updated, as other players chime-in to say the posted tab is incorrect.

Hmmmm... now I'm wondering if the "Rush Tablature Project" is still up and running. I'll go check.

Pisses me off, as long as they're not copying the sheet music who cares? should I be sued for humming a song correctly or incorrectly? after all anyone listening IS getting to hear the song without paying... Greedy little bastards. angry.gif

The tab site I usually go to, Ultimate Guitar is still up and usually they're pretty decent

whats getting most of these sites in trouble is that the user submitted tabs they are receiving are tabs copied straight from tablature books with copyrights and publishing rights attached to them.

i can see their point in wanting to take those types of tabs off the internet, but the ones that are 80% right, 20% wrong because the user had just used his ear for the song, is stupid.

oh well, just look up your tabs in google and most sites that come up are still running. very few i have actually seen been taken off. i think the guitar pro site, http://www.mysongbook.com, is not working for this sole reason.