S.P.A.C.

metaldad

i will NEVER go to s.p.a.c. agian. let me explain. this has NOTHING to do with 2.gif . the show or the people who were at the show[met a lot of great people] the show kicked ass. now, we get to the lot at 2pm just to ask when does it open. we were told by some girl THE LOT OPENS AT 6PM . ok, great. we show up at 610pm, the f-n lot was packed. ok, they now tell us to drive all the way to the end[when you could have had a football game with all the room in the lot they made us drive past]. after waiting about an hour[ the same girl told us THE GATES OPEN AT 630PM] we get inside to find that you cant have a f-n beer while you watch the show. do ya thing if they put the BEER GARDEN in a place were a person who spent $$$$ on tix, gas, hotel, food and merch can watch the show it might not be a big deal, but it is. what the F is the logic behind not letting you drink a beer when when you watch a show you paid for. are you going to pay $100 for a ticket and not watch it because the BEER GARDEN was behind a wall? i dont think so. now, we walk to the f-n BEER GARDEN only to be told by some smug guard that we cant bring our son into the bar? [mind you he is 10 months old and asleep] what are we going to do? give him beer? dont think so. our son goes everywere with us and not once were we told we cant have a beer because he is under age[the smug bitch was biggrin.gif when she said it] so agian, the show was GREAT, so were the people we met .but never agian will i see any show at s.p.a.c. this is just my feeling on the place you you guys did not have a prob, thats great

When I got there shortly after 4PM, the girl was still telling everyone that the lot opened at 6... however, she was tired of telling the story to every driver, and she was let's say "flexable." With an exasperated sigh, she told me and several other drivers, "Aw, just go ahead!"

So she was letting cars in before 6, despite what she told you. (But you must've figured that out afterwards.)

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Jul 2 2007, 03:46 PM)
When I got there shortly after 4PM, the girl was still telling everyone that the lot opened at 6... however, she was tired of telling the story to every driver, and she was let's say "flexable." With an exasperated sigh, she told me and several other drivers, "Aw, just go ahead!"

So she was letting cars in before 6, despite what she told you. (But you must've figured that out afterwards.)

yeah long after, its a shame because really all we wanted was to enjoy the whole day and night. the weather was great and all we wanted was a few beers, my wife and i[like all of us] work hard all week. we did not want to get shitfaced[we had our boy] you get it im sure, just had to vent. sorry we did not see ya geddyrulz. maybe next time[somewhere else biggrin.gif ] 2.gif

Metaldad I agree with you. This was my 1st show at SPAC and it will be my last. It would have been the same 2 1/2 ride for me to go to PA, PNC, Jones Beach or CT. Between the parking lot bullsh*t, the beer tent and some arrogant, no personality do*che bag "Event Staff" who hung out near my seats. 10-15 years ago I would have been thrown out for kicking his A**. Next time I will go back to PNC or the other ones. I thought SPAC sucked. The show was awesome but for me, the tailgating in the parking lot was very lame, the people sitting near me were also very lame.

I've seen Rush since 1981 and although I'm in my late 30's, you would never know with the way I "Rock Out" at the show. People sitting near me were sitting most of the show and those who were standing were kinda like "Whatever dude, Rush is good". Me, I was playing air guitar, keyboards, Bass, Drums, singing, jumping up and down and screaming and I was getting looks from everyone around me.

I dont know if its a different crowd at the SPAC or not but every other show I've been to, everyone Rocked Out. Maybe it''s me, maybe I'm just insane and go nuts when I hear or see Rush but oh well, nobody is going to rain on my parade.

2.gif

Well, I made out alright going to the other entrance thru the park. Got to see the boys enter the venue. Hung out w/ cool people. No beer, but hey, I'm ok with it.

A LOT of people just drove past that chick at the gate. I mean, what else was she going to do?

Her body language completely said "I'm exasperated; I give up; I'm tired of saying the same thing to hundreds of cars. Let them into the lot if they fight me about it."

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 2 2007, 04:07 PM)
now, we walk to the f-n BEER GARDEN only to be told by some smug guard that we cant bring our son into the bar? [mind you he is 10 months old and asleep]

Metaldad, I do have to ask you this. How did your son react to the concert itself? Was he scared by the loud music or did he just sleep most of the time?

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jul 3 2007, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 2 2007, 04:07 PM)
now, we walk to the f-n BEER GARDEN only to be told by some smug guard that we cant bring our son into the bar? [mind you he is 10 months old and asleep]

Metaldad, I do have to ask you this. How did your son react to the concert itself? Was he scared by the loud music or did he just sleep most of the time?

he was awake for the first 9 songs, he had a blast . he smiled at everyone, he played his drum and then fell asleep. it was a great . i will do it agian in a heartbeat 2.gif

Archived