Pirates 3

Mustard Death

So... thoughts? I know a few of you guys have also seen it... and I just went last night. It was good, and a worthy ending I suppose, but... just a couple things I wasn't expecting:

-A Three hour movie (which wasn't really a bad thing)

-All the damn loose ends when there supposedly isn't going to be another movie

So what'd you guys think? And I'm only saying there isn't going to be a fourth movie based on what I've heard, which, for all I know, could be not true. If anyone has info/sources on that, feel free to post.

And... let's keep it spoiler free. 'Cause I know if somebody had've spoiled this movie for me, I would've killed them on my way home from the theater.

In a summer of dissapointing seqeuls, (Spiderman 3, Shrek the 3rd) i hope this one is decent. The last one on my list will be F.F.2 Rise of the Silver surfer.

Well I definitely wouldn't call it disappointing... more like... odd? I dunno. It was a strange way to end a trilogy... What I heard was that they left it a bit open ended for a fourth movie, but plans for that weren't going so well, so they shut it down.

So it wasn't disappointing, just a bit wtf-inducing.

And... as for FF2... I like the Silver Surfer, but based on the first movie, I don't have high hopes...

I liked about the last hour of the movie...which isn't that good for a nearly three hour movie I guess. Depp rules as usual though, and the action was good.

I'm with Mustard about FF2 also...I love the Silver Surfer character, but the first FF movie blew and the previews for this one look bad too. The guy who plays Johnny annoys the shit out of me for some reason.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 31 2007, 08:45 AM)
I liked about the last hour of the movie...which isn't that good for a nearly three hour movie I guess. Depp rules as usual though, and the action was good.

I'm with Mustard about FF2 also...I love the Silver Surfer character, but the first FF movie blew and the previews for this one look bad too. The guy who plays Johnny annoys the shit out of me for some reason.

That's odd, I thought the action kind of sucked. I wanna know who in the movie industry started the idea that fight scenes needed to be choppy and all shakey-camera-y.

And it will definitely be depressing to watch Hollywood ruin Silver Surfer.

Did you watch the movie all the way through the credits?

I won't give it away and have not seen it, But according to wikopedia there is a scene after the end credits that may or may not set up another movie?

QUOTE (alphseeker @ May 31 2007, 06:36 PM)

I won't give it away and have not seen it, But according to wikopedia there is a scene after the end credits that may or may not set up another movie?

this crap is getting out of hand. When the credits roll the movie should be over. Next the credits will roll, nothing will happen, the lights will come on, the employees will come in and clean and 5 minutes later they will turn off the lights and show another 30 seconds while they all laugh their asses off and congratulate each other on how clever they all are and how stupid we were for not wasting another 15 minutes after sitting through 20 minutes of previews.

Well that's just my luck laugh.gif

I usually sit through the credits for movies like this because there's sometimes a scene... but I figured there wouldn't be one since apparently this is the last one.

Oh well... I'll look it up on wiki. Thanks for the info.

I honestly thought this one sucked. It started off strong and just got dumber...and dumber and WOAH theres a giant black chick growing on our boat.

im sorry its not a giant black chick its CALYPTO or whatever her name was haha.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ May 31 2007, 08:09 PM)

Well that's just my luck laugh.gif

I usually sit through the credits for movies like this because there's sometimes a scene... but I figured there wouldn't be one since apparently this is the last one.

Oh well... I'll look it up on wiki. Thanks for the info.

I learned my lesson after X-men 3... Any movie with a number in it, stay through the credits.

I think this is all a cunning plot by the techs and the crews so we stay for their names...

QUOTE (Atomic.Feedback! @ Jun 2 2007, 12:11 AM)
I think this is all a cunning plot by the techs and the crews so we stay for their names...

I think this is a conspiracy hoping we will rush back to the theater to see it a second time after we realize we missed the stupid ending - Well i ain't falling for it - Once is enough for me, i'll wait until the DVD -

Edited by alphseeker

Liked It, there is still room for another sequel. Depp has been quoted as saying "if a good script were to be written" he'd do it, but the third movie ended the Elizabeth/Will storyline really. If there were a 4th pirates their involment might not be there

I saw the first half of the movie but couldnt see the second half because I had something to go do.......so I'll be going to see the movie again.....anyways I thought it was pretty good but the concept of the underworld was really weird....ummmm...rocks

I thought the flip the boat over thing was pretty cool however

Anyways it's not Calypto it's Calypso.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calypso_%28mythology%29

that has nothing to do with pirates

I never stay for the credits so I missed the ending. Over all I thought it was a good movie but then I love Johnny Depp. I did think the scene where there were a whole bunch of Capt. Jacks talking to each other was kinda weird. I just saw an interview with Jerry Bruckheimer and he said the original idea was three movies only and they feel that they finished the story lines properly.

QUOTE (Cygnus @ Jun 7 2007, 11:58 AM)
All three pirate movies had a clip after the credits... This one shows a definite ending.

do you mean definate ending to the movie, or the series? because i really dont think that scene ended the series, but i cant explain my reasoning without spoiling it for others so.......

i saw it 2 times in a week because i invaded on two of my friends going to the cinemar, only to find i'd see nthe movie they were going to. understood it better the second time. first time, when i heard calypso i thought they were talking about the drink. it would be a shame no to have another movie (i would preffer it without will in it TBH though, hes just boring...)