Figuring it out

TNT on PMS

My son and I were outside , I was washing the van , he was laying on the lawn , starring into the sky, on the CD player Snakes and Arrows was playing, the song was , Faithless . . .all of the sudden he says to me .

" Daddy , I think I know why they call it Snakes and Arrows"

I said , Oh yea , why ?

He says , Do you hear that part at the very end of the song ,[Faithless] Neil Peart on the drums , sounds like it is a rattle snake .

Well, I had to rewind it , saying to myself . . . hmmm, I hadn't heard that .

Rewinding it and listening closely it hit me . . . . sure enough at the very end of Faithless , there it was , the Rattle Snake sound !

I'm not going to try to spell this sound , you're going to have listen for yourselves , But I damn near fell over . . .

How this music reaches people . . . . . Incredible

confused13.gif 2.gif

Right now , he's trying to figure out the arrows part . . .

It makes me happy that he's getting into it , because none of the other Rush albums have moved the boy as this one has obviously . . .

This album for some reason moves his little 8 yr old soul .

And I'm not crying about it , no matter what anyone else says , this album is deep on many levels .

And I've seen all the " This album aint this , this album aint that" crap .

As far as I'm concerned , your heart aint pumpin blood if you can not feel it .

THIS ALBUM IS DEEEEEEP

I know this good feeling.......my 5 year old daughter came home from shopping with mommy all excited , runs over to me and says, "here daddy, you're gonna freak out!!". Then she tosses me the Bass player mag with Ged on the cover. I almost pissed my pants. My wife said my daughter was the one to spot the magazine and grab it! laugh.gif

Amazing how these guys transcend generations in so many different ways. Just goes to show ya this isn't a "regular" band. There has always been something special about the boys.

1022.gif 2.gif

I'm a few years away from this kind of stuff. My daughter is 3 1/2 and would much rather listen to the Wiggles than Rush. Regardless, her and her 11 month old brother get a good dose of the band when they are in the car with me. smile.gif

Archived