Grace Under Pressure: Side-A vs Side-B.

Henri

Which side of GUP you like better?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which side of GUP you like better?

• Side-A
    • Side-B

So which side of Grace Under Pressure you like better?

Personaly I prefer the Side-B. Red Sector A and Distant Early Warning are both the weakest links on the album (Yeah, the hits don't please me, go ahead and sue me). Between the Wheels, Red Lenses and Kid Gloves are all my favourite tracks and one of the best work by the band in the 80's. Can't really say which is better, Enemy Within or Body Electric.

And to those who don't have GUP on vinyl

Side-A

Distant Early Warning

Afterimage

Red Sector A

The Enemy Within

Side-B

The Body Electric

Kid Gloves

Red Lenses

Between the Wheels

QUOTE (Finbar @ Apr 9 2007, 09:42 AM)
I choose not to decide.

You still have made a choice. tongue.gif

I will choose a path that's clear,

I will choose

A B:

Distant Early Warning

Red Sector A

The Enemy Within

Between the Wheels

ph34r.gif

I like all the songs about the same, except I don't care for Red Lenses much (relative to other Rush songs), so that gives it to side A.

This is the first Rush album i ever bought, back in 1985. After someone put on P/G while we were playing videogames one day in the summer, it just hit me hard & sounded so cool. This was the record that began the path of die-hard-Rush-fan-ness for me, as well as sparking my interest to first pick up a bass guitar. The whole vinyl package including the cover painting, the egg/vice image, and the Karsh portrait holds a special place in my heart. Having to choose one side of music would be like picking one son over another.

I have to say B, my favorite tracks on this album are Kid Gloves and Red Lenses.

SIDE A!

I love this album in general, but SIDE A has the better tracks on the whole. If I somehow had to pick my "least favourite" song of this terrific album, I would say 'The Body Electric'...so since it's on Side B, I had to give the nod to "A"!

However...Between The Wheels is an unbelievable song and an awesome album closer! Bring that back again on Tour...and bring RED LENSES too!!

1022.gif cool.gif

I chose side "B" because I've heard Distant Early Warning and Red Sector A too often. "Enemy Within" is probably my least favorite on the album

"Afterimage" is the one shining song on side A though is my favorite on the album, but it's overshadowed by the three songs I mentioned above.

Voted for side A but only slightly over side B. Red Sector A is overrated in my opinion and Kid Gloves is Alex's best solo on the album!

Archived