2007/2008 NFL

Batman

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 16 2007, 05:01 PM)
I just skimmed through the pre-season power rankings.  With injuries during trainin camp and pre-season, I'm sure that the rankings will shift quite a bit.  I think that they have Chicago way too high.  Too many off the field issues, lack of QB and loss of some talented players will make the Bears take a step backwards.  I think that the Saints will suffer a hangover from last seaso also. 

I just can't wait anymore.

I can't wait to start disagreeing with you laugh.gif

Although I agree about the Bears biggrin.gif

Historically the runners up in the Superbowl don't usually have a good season and what with inconsistent Grossmann at QB and the loss of Tank Johnson and Briggs from the Defence, I can see them slipping this year.

But I think the Saints will have a good season again. tongue.gif

I can't wait either, I've even found a TV channel that shows Arena Football so I've taken to watching that..and playing Madden ph34r.gif

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 16 2007, 01:04 PM)
I just skimmed through the pre-season power rankings.  With injuries during trainin camp and pre-season, I'm sure that the rankings will shift quite a bit.  I think that they have Chicago way too high.  Too many off the field issues, lack of QB and loss of some talented players will make the Bears take a step backwards.  I think that the Saints will suffer a hangover from last seaso also. 

Historically the runners up in the Superbowl don't usually have a good season and what with inconsistent Grossmann at QB and the loss of Tank Johnson and Briggs from the Defence, I can see them slipping this year.

I can't wait either, I've even found a TV channel that shows Arena Football so I've taken to watching that..and playing Madden ph34r.gif

I think that the Saints will be a playoff team. But they won't be sneaking up on anyone this year. They also had a lot of breaks go there way. I want to see how they will respond to adversity.

Do you get ESPN or ESPN 2 over there? By subscripton maybe?

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 16 2007, 06:11 PM)

I think that the Saints will be a playoff team. But they won't be sneaking up on anyone this year. They also had a lot of breaks go there way. I want to see how they will respond to adversity.

Nope we can't get that over here.

When the season starts we get 3 live games a week on Sky Sports, with the ESPN commentary or CBS or whoever is broadcasting the game in the States. Plus we get a Sky Sports weekly highlight show.

There is another channel that I could subscribe to...NASN they have live College Football and NFL talk shows.

Every day I visit NFL.com, Yahoo Sports and ESPN on the net...several times, I like to keep up to date with what's going on, especially since I'm a big fantasy football fan. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 16 2007, 06:34 PM)
This will be my first NFL Season in High Definition..... cool.gif

Sweet new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 16 2007, 01:26 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 16 2007, 06:11 PM)

Nope we can't get that over here.

When the season starts we get 3 live games a week on Sky Sports, with the ESPN commentary or CBS or whoever is broadcasting the game in the States. Plus we get a Sky Sports weekly highlight show.

There is another channel that I could subscribe to...NASN they have live College Football and NFL talk shows.

Every day I visit NFL.com, Yahoo Sports and ESPN on the net...several times, I like to keep up to date with what's going on, especially since I'm a big fantasy football fan. biggrin.gif

What you need is for ESPN to create ESPNEU OR ESPNUK or even better ESPNEUUKNFL and throw in ESPNEUUKNFL2. tongue.gif Just for kicks........

QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 16 2007, 02:04 PM)

I can't wait either, I've even found a TV channel that shows Arena Football so I've taken to watching that..and playing Madden  ph34r.gif

Hey Rog just wondering...do you have high speed internet? If so why don't you check out CFL live on line (Canadian Football)....It's not the NFL and it's a totally different breed of football but it's way better than Arena Football! laugh.gif

http://www.tsn.ca/ then click on CFL on TSN Broadband...I'm watching Winnepeg at Montreal right now...

If interested let me know and i'll let u know when next game is on...

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 20 2007, 12:00 AM)

I can't wait either, I've even found a TV channel that shows Arena Football so I've taken to watching that..and playing Madden  ph34r.gif

Hey Rog just wondering...do you have high speed internet? If so why don't you check out CFL live on line (Canadian Football)....It's not the NFL and it's a totally different breed of football but it's way better than Arena Football! laugh.gif

http://www.tsn.ca/ then click on CFL on TSN Broadband...I'm watching Winnepeg at Montreal right now...

cool.gif

Cheers Rick I'll check that out new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

When's the next game on?

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 20 2007, 08:21 AM)

cool.gif

When's the next game on?

trink39.gif

Well there's a game tonight but it's pretty late laugh.gif Starts at 9pm EST here...tomorroww night there is a 7pm EST my time..you are what 5 hours ahead of us?

I know next weekend there is an afternoon game which you can catch in the evening in your neck of the woods....

Canadian football's got some weird rules laugh.gif ...3 downs instead of 4, 12 men a side...longer and wider field...no one man in motion rule (anybody and everybody except the linemen can move all over the place), etc....

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 20 2007, 01:01 PM)

cool.gif

When's the next game on?

trink39.gif

Well there's a game tonight but it's pretty late laugh.gif Starts at 9pm EST here...tomorroww night there is a 7pm EST my time..you are what 5 hours ahead of us?

I know next weekend there is an afternoon game which you can catch in the evening in your neck of the woods....

Canadian football's got some weird rules laugh.gif ...3 downs instead of 4, 12 men a side...longer and wider field...no one man in motion rule (anybody and everybody except the linemen can move all over the place), etc....

Thanks Rick, I'll catch the afternoon game next weekend biggrin.gif

Which team do you follow?

The rules sound interesting, I'm guessing there must be a lot of turnovers on downs, with teams going for it on 3rd down? The motion rule seems pretty hectic but interesting laugh.gif

With the longer and wider field do teams pass the ball more than run the ball?

Oh and Polly says you shouldn't contribute to my addiction laugh.gif

QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 20 2007, 02:13 PM)

cool.gif

When's the next game on?

trink39.gif

The rules sound interesting, I'm guessing there must be a lot of turnovers on downs, with teams going for it on 3rd down? The motion rule seems pretty hectic but interesting laugh.gif

To be honest I'm not a major fan though I loved it when I was younger...just getting back into it. I'd say I'm leaning towards Toronto again.

Definitely more passing but there is still running going on. Another quirky rule is the linemen must be at least a yard apart at line of scrimmage unlike NFL where they are nose to nose. not so much turnovers but way more punting going on (depending on field positon and the situation of course)

The field is 110 yards long...end zone is 20 yards instead of 10 like NFL...

All the differences here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of...erican_football

and Mrs. Huck?

sowwy ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 20 2007, 08:44 PM)

cool.gif

When's the next game on?

trink39.gif

To be honest I'm not a major fan though I loved it when I was younger...just getting back into it. I'd say I'm leaning towards Toronto again.

Definitely more passing but there is still running going on. Another quirky rule is the linemen must be at least a yard apart at line of scrimmage unlike NFL where they are nose to nose. not so much turnovers but way more punting going on (depending on field positon and the situation of course)

and Mrs. Huck?

sowwy ph34r.gif

Thanks for the info Rick, veddy interesting trink39.gif

Seems like it could be quite a fluid game but maybe too much punting?

I'll check it out for sure new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 31 2007, 12:38 PM)
I found this Poll on NFL.com very interesting what do you think??

I assume its the poll on making it back to Conf Championship. I voted Saints, but da Bears are top ohmy.gif

QUOTE (rickyrob @ Jul 31 2007, 07:45 AM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Jul 31 2007, 12:38 PM)
I found this Poll on NFL.com very interesting what do you think??

I assume its the poll on making it back to Conf Championship. I voted Saints, but da Bears are top ohmy.gif

Yes it was the Championship.

I voted the Colts. I see a let up coming this year for them add to the Target on their back being the Champs and all.

I would love to see a Re-match of last years AFC title game however yes.gif

confused13.gif

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 20 2007, 12:44 PM)

cool.gif

When's the next game on?

trink39.gif

and Mrs. Huck?

sowwy ph34r.gif

I watch the CFL alot, and this has to be my favortie rule:

Open-field kick

Canadian football retains the open-field kick as a legal play, allowing a kick to be taken from anywhere on the field. The open-field kick may be used as a desperation last play by the offence: realizing they are unable to go the length of the field, they advance part of the way and attempt a drop kick, trying to score a field goal. Conversely, the defence, facing a last-second field goal attempt in a tie game or game they lead by one point, will often position its punter and place-kicker in the end zone. If the field goal is missed, they can punt the ball back into the field of play and not concede a single.

American football only allows free kicks and scrimmage kicks made from behind the line of scrimmage; any kick beyond the line of scrimmage or after change of possession would result in a penalty.

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 1 2007, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 31 2007, 05:17 PM)
Culpepper's a Raider

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/10276417

Good?

Bad?

Last season was horrible for him, maybe this is a new beggining?

I vote bad. I don't know of any quarterback who could look good behind that offensive line. It may be worse than the Texans O-line. ohmy.gif

By the 2nd quarter of his first game, this is what Culpepper is going to look like behind the face mask of his helmet. scared.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Aug 1 2007, 12:44 PM)
QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Aug 1 2007, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Jul 31 2007, 05:17 PM)
Culpepper's a Raider

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/OAK/10276417

Good?

Bad?

Last season was horrible for him, maybe this is a new beggining?

I vote bad. I don't know of any quarterback who could look good behind that offensive line. It may be worse than the Texans O-line. ohmy.gif

By the 2nd quarter of his first game, this is what Culpepper is going to look like behind the face mask of his helmet. scared.gif

I don't know of any player that has ever completely healed from a PCL injury. It's very rare. The PCL tear basically ended Terrell Davis' career.

BTW. I tore my ACL, PCL AND MCL all at once. I've never really been the same.

QUOTE (Huck @ Jul 16 2007, 01:40 PM)
QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 16 2007, 06:34 PM)
This will be my first NFL Season in High Definition..... cool.gif

Sweet new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Since you don't get NFL options on your TV there.......you could try watching over the net via Sopcast........If you have a good internet connection, it works great and it's free.......check it out. I used it to watch NBA when I was in Brazil.

http://www.sopcast.org

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 16 2007, 11:01 AM)
I just skimmed through the pre-season power rankings. With injuries during trainin camp and pre-season, I'm sure that the rankings will shift quite a bit. I think that they have Chicago way too high. Too many off the field issues, lack of QB and loss of some talented players will make the Bears take a step backwards. I think that the Saints will suffer a hangover from last seaso also.

The bears are better than they were last year. Word out of training camp was that the new DT they got in the trade is a definite step up from Tank Johnson. The new safety they aquired through free agency is clearly a step up from Chris Harris, who they just traded away. They have Lance Briggs back, and he didn't miss any training camp.

On the offensive side, they have speed coming from all the skill positions. Writers who were on Grossman's ass all year last year say he is a new man this year. Oh yea, and having a nice 6'5" 250lb tight end who can run the 40 in 4.5 and can catch everything doesn't hurt either. Reports that Devon Hester is doing awesome in his new role as a spot receiver is also very promising.

Frankly, the Bears are still the team to beat in a weak NFC.

QUOTE (pedro2112 @ Aug 3 2007, 02:40 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Jul 16 2007, 11:01 AM)

The bears are better than they were last year. Word out of training camp was that the new DT they got in the trade is a definite step up from Tank Johnson. The new safety they aquired through free agency is clearly a step up from Chris Harris, who they just traded away. They have Lance Briggs back, and he didn't miss any training camp.

On the offensive side, they have speed coming from all the skill positions. Writers who were on Grossman's ass all year last year say he is a new man this year. Oh yea, and having a nice 6'5" 250lb tight end who can run the 40 in 4.5 and can catch everything doesn't hurt either. Reports that Devon Hester is doing awesome in his new role as a spot receiver is also very promising.

Frankly, the Bears are still the team to beat in a weak NFC.

You still haven't addressed your QB problem. Your new DT is better than Tank Johnson? You're drinking the cool-aide pedro. If healthy, I think my Boys could take the Bears down. We have every bit as much talent if not more. In the weak NFC, we have a chance if injuries don't bite us.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Aug 8 2007, 10:56 AM)
Your new DT is better than Tank Johnson? You're drinking the cool-aide pedro.

Every single person who is an expert and has opined on the subject has clearly stated that Darwin Walker is significantly better than Tank Johnson. In fact, up until your post, not a single human being has suggested otherwise.

Unfortunately, this brings our discussion to an end. If I want to hear pure bullshit from a fanboi about their football team, I'll go talk to a Packer fan. Your credibility is shot.

Archived