Star Trek: Voyager

rushgoober

Ok, for some reason this was the one Star Trek series that I totally missed the boat on. I think this show was on during a 3-year period when I stopped watching tv.

Anyway, they just started showing this show on Spike weeknights at 5pm and 6pm, and let me just say that this show totally rocks. I'm excited to have a whole new Star Trek series to enjoy, as I've watched those TNG episodes like WAY too much.

Very cool show. yes.gif

I never really gave Voyager a fair chance.

Always gone for the Original Series, TNG and DS9.

Now that its on regular rotation.... I think I'm gonna start watching it biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2007, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 4 2007, 06:43 AM)
Voyager just kinda fell apart after the first season.

yes.gif

I've been watching it pretty regularly, and I think it's a GREAT show. Hopefully I won't agree and the upcoming shows won't start to go down in quality, but then again, I've never found that to be the case with any Star Trek series. If anything, they got better as they went on...

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 12 2007, 05:42 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2007, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (Batman @ Jan 4 2007, 06:43 AM)
Voyager just kinda fell apart after the first season.

yes.gif

I've been watching it pretty regularly, and I think it's a GREAT show. Hopefully I won't agree and the upcoming shows won't start to go down in quality, but then again, I've never found that to be the case with any Star Trek series. If anything, they got better as they went on...

I have no idea what season you are up to, but Voyager took way too many liberties with certain aspects of the Star Trek universe (yes, when it comes to Star Trek I am a geek). Voyager is the one series that did not get better as it went along, IMO. I have plenty of things I can gripe about but I don't want to spoil anything for you if you enjoy the show. With that said, there were some very good episodes, but for me they were few and far between, especially in the later seasons.

Also, funny enough, I thought the Doctor was the best character on the show. I also liked Chakotay. Also, Tuvok got better as the show went along.

I love this show! This was my entry into Star Trek--I never got into the original, was gone then uninterested in TNG and DS9, and only started watching Voyager cuz my husband was into it. At first I wondered what the big deal was about Star Trek (and other sci-fi), and then watched the entire Voyager series, including the reruns (cuz I got into it too late). Then when Spike ran TNG, I watched all those, then watched most of DS9. I still like Voyager the best cuz I like the diversity and the characters, and how the aliens aren't "outside" the crew, unlike other Treks. I know everyone loves TNG, but I find that series sort of cold. However, Sisko is my favorite captain, which also isn't a typical opinion. Voyager's Tuvak and Doctor rule. And so does Quark from DS9. Okay...over and out...I've been rambling here smile.gif

Oh look, Star Trek. I loves me some Star Trek.

Now, I've only seen a little of Voyager, but DS9 has always been my favorite... DS9 dealt with things like religion and prophecy which I always thought was cool, and was a little more Sci-Fi-ish in the political sense as opposed to TNG's Space Opera. I've always been of the school of thought that Sci-Fi should be political or social commentary. I mean, Space Opera/Sci-Fantasy is fun and all (I love a good Star Wars as much as the next kid) but I like to be able to analyze what i'm watching rather than just taking it at face value. DS9 always seems to get a bum rap.

...oh yeah, this is a Voyager thread. Voyager's pretty good, I s'pose.