Goober Radio!

rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 8 2008, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (The Prog Lord @ Apr 8 2008, 06:57 AM)
Entities of this domain let it be known that The Prog Lord approves of The Holy Latimer and his other-worldly sounds. The shrouded shapes cast by Moonmadness are slices of sleepy exotica that snake like a wild opiate through the black grooves of destiny and should remain unheard of by none here. Each piece from the opening Aristillus to the pun-laced epic Lunar Sea is obscured by an almost familiar veil of the subconscious from whence the muse herein arises.

Absof*ckinglutely! yes.gif

confused13.gif

The Prog Lord's been on the bong again. laugh.gif

Hey goober have you heard the Camel album Nude? I love the concept idea they have on this one (See link) and would love to hear it, but I feel a bit dodgy buying '80s output from Camel. laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_%28Camel_album%29

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheRocinanteKid @ Apr 8 2008, 07:21 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 8 2008, 03:13 PM)
QUOTE (The Prog Lord @ Apr 8 2008, 06:57 AM)
Entities of this domain let it be known that The Prog Lord approves of The Holy Latimer and his other-worldly sounds. The shrouded shapes cast by Moonmadness are slices of sleepy exotica that snake like a wild opiate through the black grooves of destiny and should remain unheard of by none here. Each piece from the opening Aristillus to the pun-laced epic Lunar Sea is obscured by an almost familiar veil of the subconscious from whence the muse herein arises.

Absof*ckinglutely! yes.gif

confused13.gif

The Prog Lord's been on the bong again. laugh.gif

Hey goober have you heard the Camel album Nude? I love the concept idea they have on this one (See link) and would love to hear it, but I feel a bit dodgy buying '80s output from Camel. laugh.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nude_%28Camel_album%29

I might have it on cassette tape as I have almost all their 70's/80's material either on cd or cassette. I'd have to give it a listen though as it's been years since I've listened to it (if I have it) and I can't remember what it sounds like offhand...

For anyone who missed last week's show, here's the link:

The Interdimensional Vortex - April 3, 2008

Tonight's awesomely super psychedeliprogerific groovy show will include no less than FOUR requests from TRF'ers. biggrin.gif

The Interdimensional Vortex plays from 5-7pm Thrusday night (8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK) on www.kskq.org and is mix between 60's psych, 70's prog and other audio goodies - click on the play button or on "Listen Live" for immediate streaming.

Don't forget to come to chat for the party during the show. wink.gif

Peace & Love,

Gary (aka Goober or "The Space Dork")

Hey Goobs! How about playing some roots Prog, even if it's jazz. I mentioned last night in the chat.

Brubeck - Blue Rondo a la Turk

QUOTE (gleamingalloyaircar81 @ Apr 10 2008, 06:59 PM)
Gary, can you please play Carry On Wayward Son?

Sorry man, no Kansas.

BTW, any requests for tomorrow's show I need by the late afternoon today as tonight I'll be finalizing the set list.

Also, GOMPERS - sorry man, no Dave Brubeck. I'm not sure what you mean by "roots prog" - I only caught bits and pieces of that conversation while it was happening.

Peace,

Gary

QUOTE (Tull Fan Too @ Apr 11 2008, 03:11 PM)
That was a great show, I thoroughly enjoyed it! smile.gif

It made perfect background music for cleaning up my apartment...... ph34r.gif

So glad to hear it, man! trink39.gif biggrin.gif

Come to the chat sometime if you can during the show. It happens every Thursday.

Peace,

Gary (Goober)

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2008, 09:48 AM)
Also, GOMPERS - sorry man, no Dave Brubeck. I'm not sure what you mean by "roots prog" - I only caught bits and pieces of that conversation while it was happening.

Peace,
Gary

I call it roots Prog due to elements in certain jazz I believe where adopted into Prog Rock. It's debatable. But definitely check out Blue Rondo a la Turk if you can. The first time I heard it, I was hit by how it reminded me of Hyperspace in NatSci.

Have any Porcupine Tree? I think Radioactive Toy or Dislocated Day would fit well into your show.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 15 2008, 08:27 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2008, 09:48 AM)
Also, GOMPERS - sorry man, no Dave Brubeck.  I'm not sure what you mean by "roots prog" - I only caught bits and pieces of that conversation while it was happening.

Peace,
Gary

I call it roots Prog due to elements in certain jazz I believe where adopted into Prog Rock. It's debatable. But definitely check out Blue Rondo a la Turk if you can. The first time I heard it, I was hit by how it reminded me of Hyperspace in NatSci.

Have any Porcupine Tree? I think Radioactive Toy or Dislocated Day would fit well into your show.

Sorry man, I don't. I have almost no modern prog - mostly all 70's...

I'm sure eventually I'll pick up some Porcupine Tree, or at least get some burned copies from my brother-in-law who's really into them.

Then you don't have any Ozric Tentacles either?

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2008, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 15 2008, 10:46 AM)

I have their first 12 albums or so, including the box set, through Jurassic Shift and Arborescence...

Ozrics tribute show? yes.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2008, 03:43 PM)

I have their first 12 albums or so, including the box set, through Jurassic Shift and Arborescence...

Fetch Me the Pong Master

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 15 2008, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2008, 03:43 PM)

Fetch Me the Pong Master

You got it, babe! tongue.gif

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Apr 15 2008, 02:04 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Apr 15 2008, 01:43 PM)

Ozrics tribute show? yes.gif

lol - maybe another time...