Goober Radio!

rushgoober

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been pretty sick the last few days, but I managed to get it together enough to put together an awesome show for tonight (not to mention that I'm feeling mostly better).

Here's last week's show for anyone who missed it:

The Interdimensional Vortex - Feb. 7, 2008

Tonight's show will contain some awesome prog and psych - not to be missed! no.gif

The Interdimensional Vortex plays from 5-7pm Thrusday night (8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK) on www.kskq.org - click on the play button or on "Listen Live"

Also, please join us all in chat during the show for fun and festivities!

Peace,

Gary

Goob! I found a copy of Kaleidoscope-Incredible! today...only 6.99!! biggrin.gif Edited by progrush2112

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 16 2008, 07:05 PM)
Goob! I found a copy of Kaleidoscope-Incredible! today...only 6.99!! biggrin.gif

Hey, sorry for the late response - did you get the cd? None of their cd's are perfect and all have some filler, but that is definitely their BEST one. A Beacon From Mars and Side Trips I'm glad I own for a few songs, but they have even more filler. Stay far away from their record "Bernice" - that one's kind of a clunker. yes.gif

Here's last week's show for anyone who missed it:

The Interdimensional Vortex - Feb. 14, 2008

Tonight's show will contain as usual the totally awesome mixture of prog, psych and other audio goodies - not to be missed! no.gif

The Interdimensional Vortex plays from 5-7pm Thrusday night (8-10pm EST, 1-3am UK) on www.kskq.org - click on the play button or on "Listen Live"

Please come to chat for fun and festivities during the show!

See ya later,

Gary

cool.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 21 2008, 08:48 AM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 16 2008, 07:05 PM)
Goob! I found a copy of Kaleidoscope-Incredible! today...only 6.99!!  biggrin.gif

Hey, sorry for the late response - did you get the cd? None of their cd's are perfect and all have some filler, but that is definitely their BEST one. A Beacon From Mars and Side Trips I'm glad I own for a few songs, but they have even more filler. Stay far away from their record "Bernice" - that one's kind of a clunker. yes.gif

Yeah I did get it. I can listen to the whole album without really getting bored. "Lie to Me" "Let the Good Love Flow" and "Banjo" are my favorite cuts. I also recently found The Mystic Astrological Crystal Band, as a download, though I thought I would never find it! Sorry I missed todays show..Arizona State had a basketball game and I had to play my horn tonight. Will listen to the show when you post the link though! wink.gif

QUOTE (Rush! @ Feb 22 2008, 11:15 AM)
Setlist please... wink.gif

See, without you asking I forget to do it! tongue.gif

The Interdimensional Vortex - 2/21/08

1. Love - August

2. Jerry Garcia Band - Rubin & Cherise

3. David Santo - Rising of Scorpio

4. Finch - Register Magister

5. Jefferson Airplane - Martha

6. Jefferson Airplane - Wild Tyme

7. Pleasure - Don't Take The Night Away

8. The Pentangle - Waltz

9. Rush - Limelight

10. PFM - Introduzione

11. PFM - Impressioni Di Settembre

12. PFM - E Festa

13. PFM - Dove... Quando... (Parte 1)

14. Floating Bridge - Medley: Eight Miles High/Paint It Black

15. Chrildren of the Mushroom - You Can't Erase A Mirror

16. Mad River - Academy Cemetery

17. The Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane

18. Pink Floyd - Let There Be More Light (1968 BBC recording)

19. Pink Floyd - Murderistic Women (1968 BBC recording)

20. Pink Floyd - Julia Dream (1968 BBC recording)

21. The Massed Gadgets of Hercules (1968 BBC recording)

22. Cluster - Caramel

23. The Yardbirds - For Your Love

24. Finch - Scars of the Ego

As a bonus track, I played Rush - La Villa Strangiato, but that's not on the archived version. no.gif

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 22 2008, 11:32 AM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Feb 22 2008, 11:15 AM)
Setlist please... wink.gif

See, without you asking I forget to do it! tongue.gif

The Interdimensional Vortex - 2/21/08

1. Love - August

2. Jerry Garcia Band - Rubin & Cherise

3. David Santo - Rising of Scorpio

4. Finch - Register Magister

5. Jefferson Airplane - Martha

6. Jefferson Airplane - Wild Tyme

7. Pleasure - Don't Take The Night Away

8. The Pentangle - Waltz

9. Rush - Limelight

10. PFM - Introduzione

11. PFM - Impressioni Di Settembre

12. PFM - E Festa

13. PFM - Dove... Quando... (Parte 1)

14. Floating Bridge - Medley: Eight Miles High/Paint It Black

15. Chrildren of the Mushroom - You Can't Erase A Mirror

16. Mad River - Academy Cemetery

17. The Velvet Underground - Sweet Jane

21. The Massed Gadgets of Hercules (1968 BBC recording)

22. Cluster - Caramel

23. The Yardbirds - For Your Love

24. Finch - Scars of the Ego

As a bonus track, I played Rush - La Villa Strangiato, but that's not on the archived version. no.gif

BTW, Here's the archived version for your listening enjoyment:

The Interdimensional Vortex - February 21, 2008

Aww man! I bet these are good cuts! Need to listen soon.

QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 21 2008, 10:19 PM)
I also recently found The Mystic Astrological Crystal Band, as a download, though I thought I would never find it!

Be a little careful in pursuing entire albums because I play a song on my show that you like. I only say that because very often I'll only really like one or two songs by a certain group, and the rest of the album can often be pretty mediocre, like with the Mystic Astrological Crystal Band. If you're just d/l'ing that's fine, but before buying an album I would also suggest researching them online some, and of course you can always ask me for my opinion too. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Feb 22 2008, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (progrush2112 @ Feb 21 2008, 10:19 PM)
I also recently found The Mystic Astrological Crystal Band, as a download, though I thought I would never find it!

Be a little careful in pursuing entire albums because I play a song on my show that you like. I only say that because very often I'll only really like one or two songs by a certain group, and the rest of the album can often be pretty mediocre, like with the Mystic Astrological Crystal Band. If you're just d/l'ing that's fine, but before buying an album I would also suggest researching them online some, and of course you can always ask me for my opinion too. tongue.gif

I usually will have ProgArchives.com during the show to research. Good resource although they don't have everything. But will keep that in mind bro. thanks! smile.gif

Ok peeps, tonight's the night! smile.gif biggrin.gif Pags' Rush Medley from 1974-1982 will air TONIGHT!

The Interdimensional Vortex plays from 5-7pm PST, 6-8pm MST, 7-9pm CST and 8-10pm EST, as well as 1-3am UK time.

To tune in, go to www.kskq.org and click on the play button or on "listen live". If you've never listened before, I highly recommend checking out that link early before the show to make sure you can get a stream. Most people don't have a problem with one of those two methods.

Please make sure you come to chat also if you can to enjoy the festivities with other TRF'ers - should be a good party! Remember refreshments and hors d'oeuvers will be served. wink.gif

Peace,

Gary

Hey Goobs, Gonna miss it again. wacko.gif Hockey season has really been taking up all my free time. I hope to be a regular listener by the EOM. In the meantime...CHEERS!

QUOTE (Gompers @ Feb 28 2008, 11:47 AM)
Hey Goobs, Gonna miss it again. wacko.gif Hockey season has really been taking up all my free time. I hope to be a regular listener by the EOM. In the meantime...CHEERS!

Hey man, no worries, though tonight IS going to be a mega-cool show. wink.gif

It'll be nice to have you around again Rich when you're done with hockey.

Peace,

Gary

Goob sorry I was absent again. sad.gif ASU had a basketball game last night against UCLA...we got beat but we hung with them there for awhile in the first half! I have Pags' Rush Medley, was there anything else played last night?

Did Pag's Rush medley last for the whole length of the show?

I began tuning in around 8:45 last night (sorry, I had a History test to study for) and from then on in it was his Rush medley... I had to stop it after the last couple of minutes of Natural Science because I was getting yelled at to go to bed.

But great medley nonetheless! common001.gif

Here's the link for anyone to hear the archived version of last night's show:

The Interdimensional Vortex - 2-28-08 - Featuring Pags' Rush Medley 1974-1982

Rush! - to answer your question - no, there was regular Vortex music for the first 35 minutes or so (actually, kind of a "best of" featuring some of my favorite songs) and then the epic Rush medley. Check it out!

cool.gif