The Saints are back in the Superdome tonight

treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 26 2006, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 26 2006, 07:38 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 25 2006, 11:04 PM)
I think most people there are in favour of the dome rebuild as much as anything because people said it could never be done.

$185 million dollars of taxpayer money, how could anyone say it couldnt be done. What they mustve meant was noone would rationally pay that much to get it done.

No most people didn't think that stadium could ever be used for sports ever again because of what went on there last year. Plus a lot of the population didn't come back to the area so no one was sure if there'd even be a New Orleans at all...

I think the money could have been better spent on something more appropriate/useful. Although I understand it is a morale-booster to the public.

I remember a news report last year claiming the franchise was desperatee to move out of New Orleans. If that is true then the money was mispent. However things change and I'm sure the signing of Reggie Bush has helped sell a lot of tickets and shirts, so maybe they'll stay?

QUOTE (Huck @ Sep 26 2006, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 26 2006, 06:04 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Sep 26 2006, 07:38 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 25 2006, 11:04 PM)
I think most people there are in favour of the dome rebuild as much as anything because people said it could never be done.

$185 million dollars of taxpayer money, how could anyone say it couldnt be done. What they mustve meant was noone would rationally pay that much to get it done.

No most people didn't think that stadium could ever be used for sports ever again because of what went on there last year. Plus a lot of the population didn't come back to the area so no one was sure if there'd even be a New Orleans at all...

I think the money could have been better spent on something more appropriate/useful. Although I understand it is a morale-booster to the public.

I remember a news report last year claiming the franchise was desperatee to move out of New Orleans. If that is true then the money was mispent. However things change and I'm sure the signing of Reggie Bush has helped sell a lot of tickets and shirts, so maybe they'll stay?

If the money kept the team from leaving then it was well spent. The team moving out would not only be depressing for the people but would act as a signpost out of the area for a lot of people...

Yes you could well be right but I'm sure there's plenty of people there who don't like football and couldn't give a toss if the team leaves or not but need housing etc.

Still, I like the Saints and hope they prosper in New Orleans.

QUOTE (Huck @ Sep 26 2006, 05:09 PM)
Yes you could well be right but I'm sure there's plenty of people there who don't like football and couldn't give a toss if the team leaves or not but need housing etc.

Still, I like the Saints and hope they prosper in New Orleans.

Aye...

trink38.gif

From Dallas Morning News 09/26/2006

Who paid for the renovation?

FEMA- $115 million

Stadium Bond - $41 million

NFL - $15 million

State - $13 million

With $1 million floating around somewhere....................

QUOTE (Drunk Pirate Robert @ Oct 16 2006, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 01:46 PM)
Oh yeah The Saints go 4-1 and next up are the Eagles in the Dome, think we can take em?

yes.gif

Of course you can. Whether you will or not remains to be seen wink.gif

And now you must already know we have?

5-1 but we have a tough schedule right through, the only easy game is against the 49ers, that still sounds weird to me, they used to be our nemesis in the 80s, our bogeyman, or boogeyman...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 16 2006, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (Drunk Pirate Robert @ Oct 16 2006, 09:51 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 9 2006, 01:46 PM)
Oh yeah The Saints go 4-1 and next up are the Eagles in the Dome, think we can take em?

yes.gif

Of course you can. Whether you will or not remains to be seen wink.gif

And now you must already know we have?

5-1 but we have a tough schedule right through, the only easy game is against the 49ers, that still sounds weird to me, they used to be our nemesis in the 80s, our bogeyman, or boogeyman...

Doh! Had a serious brain fart. Of course you already have. Doh!

QUOTE (*Limelight* @ Oct 16 2006, 06:03 PM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 16 2006, 03:11 PM)
Saints... amazing QB... former CHARGER. 

amazing kicker.... former CHARGER. 

just sayin'.  biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

What About Joe Horn there Great Reciver? unsure.gif

They're Saints now lads...

The past sometimes is just the past...

trink38.gif

I LOVE what is going on down there!

I hope it continues, it is great for the city and it's people. I will root for them in every game unless they are playing the chargers or the steelers or the bears.

GO SAINTS!!!!

btw, Coach P is from down the road so it is also nice to see a local boy gettn r done.

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Oct 16 2006, 05:11 PM)

just sayin'. biggrin.gif

tongue.gif

Let's not forget the Cowboy connection. The coach, LB Fugita and LB Shanle. Fugita had a hell of a game.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 18 2006, 03:10 PM)

tongue.gif

Let's not forget the Cowboy connection. The coach, LB Fugita and LB Shanle. Fugita had a hell of a game.

Don't knock the Saints personel people if you The cowboys thought they were any good they'd have kept them...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 18 2006, 03:24 PM)

tongue.gif

Don't knock the Saints personel people if you The cowboys thought they were any good they'd have kept them...

I'm not trying to knock the Saints personnel but since you're being smart I'll give you reasons as to why they left. The coach was offered a better position. The two LB's had no chance in hell of ever suiting up for the Cowboys.

QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 18 2006, 03:38 PM)

tongue.gif

I'm not trying to knock the Saints personnel but since you're being smart I'll give you reasons as to why they left. The coach was offered a better position. The two LB's had no chance in hell of ever suiting up for the Cowboys.

That's told me then...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 18 2006, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (liquidcrystalcompass @ Oct 18 2006, 03:38 PM)

tongue.gif

That's told me then...

laugh.gif

biggrin.gif I am hoping that the Aints have a good season.

QUOTE (Test4VitalSigns @ Nov 19 2006, 04:13 PM)
Wow Brees threw for 510 yards today in a losing cause.

Aye we're on a bit of a bad run at the moment and all the teams we've lost to are in the same division, we'll be glad to see the back of them...

Hello Everybody!

I was at the Superdome this afternoon, and I didn't leave until we literally ran out of time.

True, Drew Brees threw for a massive 500 + yards; the flea-flicker in the first quarter was absolutely beautiful. However, those three picks were very costly...costing us tremendous momentum & points. I'm no coach or quarterback, but I would've run the ball on the first plays; those plays inside the Cincy 10 yard line. The pick at mid-field late in the fourth...those things just happen sometimes.

HOWEVER...

Right now the Saints are 6 & 4, and are second place in the division; Carolina is also 6 & 4, but they beat us a few weeks ago. Who Dat would've thought the Saints would have 6 wins out of 10 games thus far.

I know Atlanta is struggling, but they've been waiting for this rematch since late that Monday night of September 25th.

There are a bunch of games left, all within the conference, and against teams that are all...maybe except for Washington, who are all in the playoff race.

Maybe I shouldn't use that p-word yet; there is so much football left to be played...anything can happen.

The Saints were 9 & 4 in 2002, with Minnesota & Carolina at the Superdome, with a trip to Cincy in the middle = and we lost all three = no playoffs.

Yet, I feel more anxious to redeem ourselves after a loss; and with that, hopefully we'll learn from our mistakes...and there were plenty. Injuries are part of the game, but we have been self-destructing ourselves with turnovers galore.

To those who are Begal fans, good game & good luck; the next 6 weekends are gonna be very interesting for many parties involved.

To my fellow Saints' fans, our beloved have to assume control...control the ball, control our own destiny and hopefully we'll be playing in January.

My friends, thank you for your time.

Take care.

Archived