Misplaced fan?

Slime

Are you a fan of a sports team that is NOT from your hometown (supposing of course that your town has a home team) OR are you a fan of a sports team that is very far away from you?

I live in Ottawa, but can't stand the hockey mentality in this town. I cheer for the Habs biggrin.gif. Hockey is the only sport I really follow, but being Canadian is excuse enough for this.

Anyone else?

With the Blue Jays being the exception all my fav teams are in the States. I live here in London Ontario Canada....I'm a Niners fan in NFL, Notre Dame fan in college football, North Carolina fan in college basketball and Washington Caps fan in NHL...Don't really have a fav team in NBA but if I was I guess It would be Toronto Raptors...

QUOTE (Necromancer @ Sep 11 2006, 11:10 PM)
OH YEAH!!! yes.gif

I live in Pa. I HATE all Pa. teams. Especially FOOTBALL. My favorite college team is Michigan and my fave pro team is clear across the country in San Diego. sad.gif

It sucks. laugh.gif

How come you hate the PA teams then?

Yeah, I'm a misplaced hockey fan in the middle of football mad Canton,Ohio. Don't get me wrong always been big football fan(Ohio State, The old Real Cleveland Browns not the replacement embarrassment now) A town that gets 20,000 attendance for high school games. Hockey gets no coverage at all which is part of the problem with Cleveland keeping a hockey team no publicity or even mentioned . I subscribe to Hockey news my only oasis, can't talk hockey with guys at work look at me like I'm from another planet or sub planet like Pluto! laugh.gif (Hopefully Cavs owner who bought the defunct Utah Grizzlies will throw some money into advertising when new Cleveland team takes the ice next year in the AHL)

Nope, can't say that I'm a misplaced fan. I live in New Jersey and for NFL I'm a Giants fan, for baseball I'm a Mets fan, for basketball, I'm both a Knicks & Nets fan. I used to be a big Rangers fan for hockey but I haven't really kept with it after the 1-year strike and all of the new BS rules. My uncle lives in NJ and he's a diehard Seattle Seahawks fan & his son (my cousin) is an Oakland Raiders fan as well as my other uncle who's ALSO a Raiders fan. Hope you guys got that. unsure.gif

I was born in Rhode Island. So I was 'told' that the Patriots were my team when I was 5 or 6 years old. I've stuck with them ever since (usually getting ridiculed for it). However, I've missed their entire dynasty since I've been out here in Japan. 2 months into moving here they won their first Superbowl. Plus, I grew up in Jacksonville, Florida so when they won the Superbowl there it was like the sports gods were rubbing it in....My team winning in the town I grew up in and I wasn't there.

In between the comings and goings of minor league hockey teams in Cleveland.(Canton,Stark county had a minor league team for one season in 4th rung league the UHL Ohio Gears) Was a Minnesota North Stars fan which merged with the brief NHL Cleveland Barons. And the excitement of reaching The Stanley Cup finals first in 81 against the Islanders,Then the shock around the world when they reached the finals in 91 against the Penguins were horribly dashed when a few season's later that A HOLE Norm Green moved team to Dallas.(Refused to continue support after that) And of course Mike Modano finally lived up to his star status once the "Stars" moved. Then he bad mouthed Minnesota to boot, talk about rubbing salt in the wounds! angry.gif Since then just follow hockey in general, Luke warm Wild fan. And I just can't get into Columbus Blue Jackets.

I too am a Misplaced fan... fists crying.gif

I live in Pa. and all the teams here i can't stand.

I like San Francisco 49ers in NFL, Notre Dame in College

football, and North Carolina Tarheels in College Basketball.

I also enjoy watching the NEW YORK RANGERS... they aren't

so far away...

As far as Nascar... They come right here to Pocono

twice a year so that's cool. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived