"Afterimage"

RUSHHEAD666

This song has always been another one that grows "Closer to the Heart" with each listen.

I absolutely love this song.

Whenever I hear it I automatically think of Neil, and all of those terrible tragedies he had to go through.

I am sure this song will never be played live.

Deep, dark, and haunting, just like that incredible video.

"Suddenly, you were gone

From all the lives you left your mark upon................."

Splendid track with lots of emotion as it is a lamentation for a friend of 2.gif who died. The song is about memory and about the impression left in our minds by those who have left us. wub.gif

Yes this is a great song which is full of emotion- it is in my sig too. 2.gif

Even though I was initially not into Grace Under Pressure, I do recall liking "Afterimage" immediately after hearing it.

The theme of that song is pretty much the entire theme of "Vapor Trails" - vivid memory and the spirit.

Okay guys, enough with all the emotional, mushy stuff! laugh.gif After reading this, and Saint Nick's 'Time Stand Still' thread, I keep getting teary-eyed! tongue.gif

Love the song. That song was there for me at a very, very dark time in my life. "Hey, someone else knows how I feel!" I was only 14 when it came out and knowing that one of my idols was going through the same emotions and frustrations that I was....it helped a lot.

That song was also a part of my decision to think for myself regarding religion. "Tried to believe but you know it's no good. This is something that just can't be understood" was the line that rang so true in my head. Again, learning that other people (especially NP!) felt the same way I did really changed me and helped to validate my inner feelings.

Great tune.

QUOTE (Cygnalschick @ Sep 11 2006, 02:14 PM)
Okay guys, enough with all the emotional, mushy stuff! laugh.gif After reading this, and Saint Nick's 'Time Stand Still' thread, I keep getting teary-eyed! tongue.gif

Its just one of those kinda days

*Need a tissue?* smile.gif

I enjoy immensely. Love the arpeggios in the solo as well.

Of note, just like RSA which follows it, there is no bass in the track, only synth, guitar and drums.

It was a part of the original set during the GUP tour, but was dropped about half way through, and replaced by "Kid Gloves."

As far as I know, it hasn't made any set list since.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (steelcaressed @ Sep 12 2006, 07:42 AM)
I enjoy immensely. Love the arpeggios in the solo as well.

Of note, just like RSA which follows it, there is no bass in the track, only synth, guitar and drums.

It was a part of the original set during the GUP tour, but was dropped about half way through, and replaced by "Kid Gloves."

As far as I know, it hasn't made any set list since.

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

That is excellent knowledge!! Thanks!

I never knew that there was no bass line on "Afterimage!" I will listen to that song yet again tonight. Fooled over all these years, or maybe I just never paid attention. Once a drummer always a drummer!

You learn something new everyday!

Wow!! They played "Afterimage" live on the GUP Tour and then they pulled it? DAMN! I saw "Kid Gloves" then!

I wonder why they cut it out of the set list?

I also wonder if they will ever play it live again.

Probably not, although I never thought we would all hear "Between The Wheels" ever again either!! 1022.gif

Earl

QUOTE (KirkDS @ Sep 12 2006, 08:01 AM)
Love this song....

"I feel the way you would" is such a perfect line.

Same here. And yes, that is a great line. I've always liked GUP, it didn't really take me time to get used it or let it "grow" on me. I liked it a lot on first listen, although some tracks are much better than others.

Archived