Wouldn't it would be cool if Rush

treeduck

The whole thing from top to tale, title theme, incidental music, songs. No idea what kind of film but what an album that would be. Might be something they could get into as they get older and begin to recede from the touring scene in the future...

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Sep 9 2006, 09:30 PM)
Wait.. Didnt they already record a song for Trailer Park boys soundtrack but without Neil?

Yeah and that could be the first step in that direction. Today a song contribution to TPB tomorrow a whole film soundtrack, score, songs, incidental music, the works...

"2112" A major motion picture coming soon to a theater near you!

Many years ago when that RUSH Biography hit the shelves called "VISIONS" I read the thing and then for some reason I thought about writing a screenplay for "2112" and having RUSH score the soundtrack to the film!

I was so excited I wrote a letter to the author of "Visions," Bill Banasiewicz to tell him all about my so-called great idea!

Of course I never got a response! Nothing.

Needless to say I never followed through.

Do any of you think it would be cool to make "2112" into a film and have RUSH do the score????

I guess this could be another thread but I think it is based on the same idea!

It that cool Tree?

Earl

I agree with you azechiel!

I am surprised "Hollyweird" has never taken the book "Anthem" and made a movie out of it!

Come to think of it. A lot of movies are made in Canada these days to save on costs for some reason. Let's get the rights to "Anthem" and make the film up there. Then we can have RUSH do the soundtrack!! Hey David Cronenberg is from Canada!! Let's hire him to direct the picture!!! fing.gif Just dreaming...................

I remember watching the black and white film "Fountainhead." I read that book too!

What if "Atlas Shrugged" was turned into a film?? Tough read. Well I at least I though so.

Right now I feel like I am back in college.

I guess I could write an essay on comparing and contrasting the film by Coppola and Lucas: THX 1138 (didn't someone on here just join with that screen name?) to Rand's book "Anthem."

"The Body Electric" video also comes to mind.

Endless!

Cool thread though! My mind is spinning "Between the Wheels!"

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Sep 9 2006, 11:10 PM)
"2112" A major motion picture coming soon to a theater near you!

Many years ago when that RUSH Biography hit the shelves called "VISIONS" I read the thing and then for some reason I thought about writing a screenplay for "2112" and having RUSH score the soundtrack to the film!

I was so excited I wrote a letter to the author of "Visions," Bill Banasiewicz to tell him all about my so-called great idea!

Of course I never got a response! Nothing.

Needless to say I never followed through.

Do any of you think it would be cool to make "2112" into a film and have RUSH do the score????

I guess this could be another thread but I think it is based on the same idea!

It that cool Tree?

Earl

No I don't see this happening, I was thinking of a seperate project that's not music related, just with Rush providing the music for the soundtrack...

Wasn't there a movie called "Being Geddy Lee"?

BTW, it would be awesome if they scored a movie. I think it would definately need to be sci fi. And 2112: The Movie! sounds too cool. But, even better, what if they redid Xanadu?!?!?!?!

I've thought about the whole 2112 movie thing too. But I was thinking more along the lines of a 15 minute or so sequence that would just be 1 part of a movie (a la the animated film Heavy Metal ). I think the idea of discovering a guitar/music, presenting it, etc. might come off as too cheesy if using live actors. Animation is the way to go with this one.

QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Sep 9 2006, 09:44 PM)

BTW, it would be awesome if they scored a movie. I think it would definately need to be sci fi. And 2112: The Movie! sounds too cool. But, even better, what if they redid Xanadu?!?!?!?!

http://home.swbell.net/syncdude/bglcover.jpg

What is Being Geddy Lee

QUOTE (Drumnut @ Sep 9 2006, 11:01 PM)
QUOTE (what went wrong? @ Sep 9 2006, 09:44 PM)

http://home.swbell.net/syncdude/bglcover.jpg

What is Being Geddy Lee

Alright!

I have to give props on the dvd artwork here!!

BLOODY BRILLIANT!!

Again, I think "2112" could be made into a major motion picture. But realistically I like the chances of Rand's "Anthem" being done!

Who knows?

For the Shadow knows!!

Archived