treeduck

Who's your "Man"  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your "Man"

• 1 New World Man
    • 2 Working Man
    • 3 Cinderella Man
    • 4 Digital Man

No offense Treeduck, but I did this same poll over a year ago (and no, I'm not gonna go searching for it tongue.gif ).

I'm not saying to go and search for every idea you come up with before you post something to see if it's been done before, but FYI to everyone in general, many of the polls/threads/ideas people come up with on TRF (and especially in this sub-forum) have been done before. I'm not saying they're not still great ideas or worthy of a second or third or fourth go round, especially for newer people who aren't aware it's not a new idea, but for the people who have been around here for awhile, we often see the same threads happen over and over again. Again, no offense, I'm just sayin... trink39.gif

That being said, I voted for Working Man! As much as I love the other tracks, this song is an absolute killer and an all-out classic. No, it didn't feature Neil's great writing and drumming, but man does this song kick all kinds of ass, and Alex especially brings this song into the stratosphere! yes.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 6 2006, 07:05 AM)
No offense Treeduck, but I did this same poll over a year ago (and no, I'm not gonna go searching for it tongue.gif ).

I'm not saying to go and search for every idea you come up with before you post something to see if it's been done before, but FYI to everyone in general, many of the polls/threads/ideas people come up with on TRF (and especially in this sub-forum) have been done before.  I'm not saying they're not still great ideas or worthy of a second or third or fourth go round, especially for newer people who aren't aware it's not a new idea, but for the people who have been around here for awhile, we often see the same threads happen over and over again.  Again, no offense, I'm just sayin... trink39.gif

That being said, I voted for Working Man!  As much as I love the other tracks, this song is an absolute killer and an all-out classic.  No, it didn't feature Neil's great writing and drumming, but man does this song kick all kinds of ass, and Alex especially brings this song into the stratosphere! yes.gif  1022.gif

I don't understand what you're getting at. confused13.gif

That post is full of contradictions. Perhaps you can elaborate? I'm not trying to be rude, but a repost one year later gives me the chance as a relatively new member to partake in a new discussion that I haven't seen yet. As a veteran of the board all you need to do is merely overlook the post, as you've touched on that in the past already. I can understand lecturing someone about a repost one week later, or one month later, but a year should make it eligable for another go. Don't think I'm trying to start trouble, I'm just trying to grasp etiquette around here. As an FYI you threw out to everyone, I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

With that said, I also voted Working Man. Don't ask me why, b/c I'm primarily a fan of their 80's stuff, so it would only make sense that I would go with New World Man, which I love. Sometimes I just like some strait ahead rock, and Working Man accomplishes that. I agree that it's tough to pick a song doesn't include the writings of Neil Peart, as I'm such a big fan of his; however, I love the track anyway. I can't help it.

QUOTE (RushDrummer @ Sep 6 2006, 11:26 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Sep 6 2006, 07:05 AM)

I'm not saying to go and search for every idea you come up with before you post something to see if it's been done before, but FYI to everyone in general, many of the polls/threads/ideas people come up with on TRF (and especially in this sub-forum) have been done before.  I'm not saying they're not still great ideas or worthy of a second or third or fourth go round, especially for newer people who aren't aware it's not a new idea, but for the people who have been around here for awhile, we often see the same threads happen over and over again.  Again, no offense, I'm just sayin... trink39.gif

That being said, I voted for Working Man!  As much as I love the other tracks, this song is an absolute killer and an all-out classic.  No, it didn't feature Neil's great writing and drumming, but man does this song kick all kinds of ass, and Alex especially brings this song into the stratosphere! yes.gif  1022.gif

I don't understand what you're getting at. confused13.gif

That post is full of contradictions. Perhaps you can elaborate? I'm not trying to be rude, but a repost one year later gives me the chance as a relatively new member to partake in a new discussion that I haven't seen yet. As a veteran of the board all you need to do is merely overlook the post, as you've touched on that in the past already. I can understand lecturing someone about a repost one week later, or one month later, but a year should make it eligable for another go. Don't think I'm trying to start trouble, I'm just trying to grasp etiquette around here. As an FYI you threw out to everyone, I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

With that said, I also voted Working Man. Don't ask me why, b/c I'm primarily a fan of their 80's stuff, so it would only make sense that I would go with New World Man, which I love. Sometimes I just like some strait ahead rock, and Working Man accomplishes that. I agree that it's tough to pick a song doesn't include the writings of Neil Peart, as I'm such a big fan of his; however, I love the track anyway. I can't help it.

My initial post said everything I had to say.

Peace,

Gary

Goobs, it couldnt have been a year, because i remember seeing one of these, and i havnt been on for a year.

So, anyway, my answer has changed:

Digital Man. Its just a damn good song.

Working Man still at close Second, and NWM at a close 3rd.

Cinderella Man is at a distant 4th.

Throw in KC's 21st Century Schizoid Man at number 3, and youve got my list.

I like all four of these songs so it's tough for me to choose and they're all so different...

Hmmm I may have to come back...

Rushgoober I've done a zillion Rush threads over the past few weeks did you do a version of all of them? I doubt that very much...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 6 2006, 04:36 PM)
Rushgoober I've done a zillion Rush threads over the past few weeks did you do a version of all of them? I doubt that very much...

tongue.gif

As a matter of fact, I did. yes.gif

no.gif

Archived