HOUSE

ladirushfan80

Yeah...we live in an apt. building, and we get what they give us. At least it's free. We might look into TiVo at some point, though.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unsure.gif What's tivo go for these day? If I'd be getting just for House though I dunno if that would be worth it. Crap sad.gif Confused.

QUOTE (Lady April @ Oct 1 2007, 02:04 PM)
unsure.gif What's tivo go for these day? If I'd be getting just for House though I dunno if that would be worth it. Crap sad.gif Confused.

I dunno...man what a bummer. I don't use my DVR just for House. I use it for a bunch of stuff. I'm about to kill my kids too, because they figured out how to work it, and they erased a bunch of stuff I haven't watched yet, or wanted to save. They overwrote it with a million Family Guy and South Park episodes. Not that I don't like South Park and Family Guy, but I could've bought the DVD's.

Anyone watch last night? I thought the show was sort of a transition show. It didn't focus as much on the patient as it did on House's search for a "team". So, it was a little slow moving at times. But, entertaining nonetheless. I hope he hires the chick who was in the "Black Donnelys". I liked that show, even if it was unrealistic.

love the addition of Kal Penn...

i hope he "makes the cut"

haven't watched last nights epi yet....

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 10 2007, 09:19 AM)

I've noticed that quite a few people record it, then watch it later. So, I didn't put any spoilers in my post wink.gif

I like the new people on the show, but I wonder what will become of his old team.

Great episode last night. I was thinking the show was gonna tank (at least for me) after his original team left, but I'm liking the new story. Out of the new doctors, I like Kal Penn, "13" (don't know her name... she played a big part in last nights ep. though), and the old guy (the "fraud") best... heres to keeping them on the show as long as possible trink39.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Oct 10 2007, 09:30 AM)

I've noticed that quite a few people record it, then watch it later. So, I didn't put any spoilers in my post wink.gif

I like the new people on the show, but I wonder what will become of his old team.

Yep...I kinda wish the old team would come back with House smile.gif

What House did yesterday was just 'shocking' wink.gif wacko.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 10 2007, 02:31 PM)

awww c'mon...don't rune it!!!

Yeah..I love House's honesty. He tells it like it is. I think that's why I like him so much. I aspire to be him. Not so much a doctor, but someone who can speak his mind. I think that's why I fell in love with my wife. She tells it like it is. But things got tough when she started telling me what she thought of me!! wacko.gif

QUOTE (Natch @ Oct 10 2007, 03:58 PM)

Yeah..I love House's honesty. He tells it like it is. I think that's why I like him so much. I aspire to be him. Not so much a doctor, but someone who can speak his mind. I think that's why I fell in love with my wife. She tells it like it is. But things got tough when she started telling me what she thought of me!! wacko.gif

I didn't ruin it.

The team has been discussed before, and by now I think everyone knows about that. Plus, my second sentence didn't give anything away for those who haven't seen it yet...

QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 10 2007, 05:58 PM)

I didn't ruin it.

The team has been discussed before, and by now I think everyone knows about that. Plus, my second sentence didn't give anything away for those who haven't seen it yet...

You didn't ruin it..I was only kiddin' ya...

I like where the show is going though.

QUOTE (Natch @ Oct 11 2007, 12:07 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 10 2007, 05:58 PM)

I didn't ruin it.

You didn't ruin it..I was only kiddin' ya...

I like where the show is going though.

See how I am wink.gif tongue.gif

Yeah, I like where it's going too smile.gif

interesting episode, that is for sure

i like the fact they still incorporate his old team into the show. i'm glad they haven't been written off completely.

QUOTE (Natch @ Oct 26 2007, 12:00 PM)
I thought it was ok. I liked the "Charlie's Angels" references.

yup... me too!

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Oct 27 2007, 08:06 AM)

yup... me too!

Same here.

Also, at the end when House was handing out the flowers...I thought 'The Bachelor' reference was funny, too. Don't know how many of you know what the bachelor is, but I thought it was funny wink.gif

QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 30 2007, 03:33 PM)

yup... me too!

Same here.

Also, at the end when House was handing out the flowers...I thought 'The Bachelor' reference was funny, too. Don't know how many of you know what the bachelor is, but I thought it was funny wink.gif

laugh.gif ohhh, so it kind of went along with when he did "tribal council" (imitating "Survivor") in the previous episode. That's kinda cool.

QUOTE (Mustard Death @ Oct 30 2007, 06:39 PM)
QUOTE (Daylin @ Oct 30 2007, 03:33 PM)

yup... me too!

Same here.

laugh.gif ohhh, so it kind of went along with when he did "tribal council" (imitating "Survivor") in the previous episode. That's kinda cool.

laugh.gif YES wink.gif

This year has been all over the place... I mean with the past few years it was more of a drama/suspense... this years so far with all the comedy it's missing something just a little maybe bacause the orignal cast is not in the same roles and I now everything has to change .... what ever ...

what I mean is like when you make you fav recipe and you forget to put a pinch of whatever... when you eat it it's still great but still missing that pinch of whatever and you'll notice it just not sure whats missing... you get what I mean?

doh.gif

I believe the reason the show is all over the place is because the writers need to keep things fresh. By introducing new characters and story lines, the audience doesn't get bored. If it was "person gets sick, medical team struggles to find the cure, House figures it out at the last minute, patient saved" week in and week out, it would get monotonous.

They're relying heavily on comedy to make up for the lack of direction in the show.