1. 1. Which is the best overview?

• 1 Chronicles
    • 2 Retrospective I
    • 3 Retrospective 2
    • 4 Gold (I+II)
    • 5 The Spirit of Radio: Greatest Hits
    • 6 Rush Through Time
    • 7 One of the live albums (name it)

I'm not big on compilation albums myself I mean I can just make my own if I want. I'm sure most of you aren't that bothered either, but supposing you've just convincing your doubting pal to finally get into Rush and he's going: "Man yeah but they have like a zillion albums, maybe I need a "best of" first to sort of ease into the whole thing ya know?" You think about it for a minute and you go "Yeah I know just the thing, you want to buy-----"

QUOTE (Cygnus27 @ Sep 4 2006, 08:14 AM)
If the conversion has already taken place, then Gold. If you are trying to convert someone, I would go with The Spirit of Radio: Greatest Hits.

The way you put that it sounds like something out of Invasion of the Body Snatchers...

AlienSmiley.gif laugh.gif

I almost went with Gold, but I don't like that title and also it is not well-rounded enough. I don't like compilation albums for Rush. They do not do the band justice.

I changed my mind at the last minute and voted for a live album. That album would have to be Different Stages (the Japanese import).

The best compilation(s) is the Retrospective albums, because they don't have just the hits. (Xanadu? Body Electric?)

But since your poll won't allow me to vote for both Retrospective albums with a single choice, I'll have to pick Gold.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 5 2006, 07:14 AM)
The best compilation(s) is the Retrospective albums, because they don't have just the hits. (Xanadu? Body Electric?)

But since your poll won't allow me to vote for both Retrospective albums with a single choice, I'll have to pick Gold.

Gold is Retrospective I and II combined bar one song change isn't it?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 5 2006, 01:02 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Sep 5 2006, 07:14 AM)
The best compilation(s) is the Retrospective albums, because they don't have just the hits.  (Xanadu?  Body Electric?)

Gold is Retrospective I and II combined bar one song change isn't it?

I think you're right, that's why I chose Gold.

Archived