Ricky Bobby (shake n bake)

third hand grace

saw it w/ my 12 year old.

I laughed ALOT.

anyone?

It seems to me that Will Ferrel acts the same in every movie no matter what character he is playing. It is getting a little old for me,

My husband and I took our two older kids to see it. While the kids didn't get a lot of it, Tom and I were laughing our butts off. It's an over-the-top parody of the red neck qualities of the Nascar world. I have nothing against anyone who likes Nascar. But, there is a certain backwoods, hick element to it. And, Will Ferrell was just plain hilarious playing doofus, goofball, dumbass Ricky Bobby. His kids were a scream!!!! (Before Grandma got her hands on them. laugh.gif ) I felt compelled to explain to my son that that kind of language and behavior is totally unacceptable. He gave me one of these: sarcasm.gif . Take it at face value, don't expect any rocket science, and have fun. smile.gif

Great movie, funny as hell! Some great improv throughout this entire movie.

I hardly ever go see these silly comedies but this one came highly recommended. Plus anything that makes fun of NECKCAR, well you just have to love that! wink.gif

my dad's an enormous nascar fan, so it's difficult for me not to know 2billion things about the sport (debatable term). i can't sit still & watch it, but if i'm eating or just walking through the house, it's pretty cool. i have no beef with it, but i have no problem making fun of it either. tongue.gif

i personally thought this movie was hilarious--& not quite as stupid as i was expecting. i was in love with the soundtrack wub.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 13 2006, 02:02 AM)
QUOTE (Necromancer @ Aug 12 2006, 11:55 AM)
The guy that played the french driver was hilarious.  yes.gif 

The one and only Sacha Baron Cohen, aka, Ali G. He's great!!!

Wow... i had NO idea that was Ali G. Never even recognized him. Thanks Sully. yes.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 10 2006, 08:53 PM)
...It's an over-the-top parody of the red neck qualities of the Nascar world. I have nothing against anyone who likes Nascar. But, there is a certain backwoods, hick element to it...

Why should I see the movie? I live this every day.

rofl3.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 15 2006, 11:20 AM)
...It's an over-the-top parody of the red neck qualities of the Nascar world.  I have nothing against anyone who likes Nascar. But, there is a certain backwoods, hick element to it...

rofl3.gif

tongue.gif

I feel your pain, sis. sad.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 15 2006, 11:49 AM)
...It's an over-the-top parody of the red neck qualities of the Nascar world.  I have nothing against anyone who likes Nascar. But, there is a certain backwoods, hick element to it...

rofl3.gif

tongue.gif

Heh. It's not so bad. I'm surrounded by it, but refuse to be part of it. biggrin.gif And I have you guys to help me be all cultured and such.

laugh.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 15 2006, 12:53 PM)

rofl3.gif

tongue.gif

Heh. It's not so bad. I'm surrounded by it, but refuse to be part of it. biggrin.gif And I have you guys to help me be all cultured and such.

laugh.gif

God! Are you in trouble. scared.gif

Tom and I feel so out of place here, even though we both grew up in Texas. We've outgrown the place, sayin'? Needless to say, we laugh a lot at our surroundings. I suppose that's why we found this movie so freakin' hilarious. I mean, we KNOW these people. laugh.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 15 2006, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Aug 15 2006, 12:53 PM)

rofl3.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif

God! Are you in trouble. scared.gif

Tom and I feel so out of place here, even though we both grew up in Texas. We've outgrown the place, sayin'? Needless to say, we laugh a lot at our surroundings. I suppose that's why we found this movie so freakin' hilarious. I mean, we KNOW these people. laugh.gif

Exactly how I feel. biggrin.gif